Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Woot, Woot!!! Will be there Saturday night ans skiing Sun, Mon, Tues. If any body is around give me a shout.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Super fun afternoon at the mountain, soft snow and sunshine.

Here comes the stormzzzzz!
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Mountain fun today, it snow...

"In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Sounds like I'll be doing the up on Saturday afternoon, back Sunday night thing. Will tomorrow be windy enough to worry about lift closures (besides upper gondola)?

Just put the polyman to my core shots from closing weekend today in anticipation of some coverage. I'm torn about pushing my low tide luck. Hope it gets good smattering this weekend. Dying to get back down there.

just arrived.
    spitting, 34 degrees.
    I have mastered all major sporting activities to a high degree of mediocrity.

More snow, more lifts, more pow...

FWIW - I used a brand new board today and did laps mostly in the trees off 12 and the rope line in West Bowl off 3, not one ding.
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    I'm torn about pushing my low tide luck.

Coverage is good aft Rodgers and in trees above lower gulley. Back for more tomorrow
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    Coverage is good aft Rodgers and in trees above lower gulley.
    sí señor

another stellar day in bounds...

Did the top pop today?

I'm assuming it will be spent by the time I get there on Tuesday, so hopefully you guys will enjoy it.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

No top today, but likely tomorrow. Not going to have powder away, just Mammoth wind buff.

Baby Gravey was sweet, as was the wall. I didn't head up three as vis sucked all day, but I am sure there a pockets of pow, as per Whyturn. Monday is looking good, nice wet heavy snow to make a good base, buffed out my the Mammoth wind grooming machine.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWhore7 View Post
    FWIW - I used a brand new board today and did laps mostly in the trees off 12 and the rope line in West Bowl off 3, not one ding.
    My low tide luck seems to run out more from 23 north into the noids.
    The rocks in that area have broken one arm and one knee in the past few years.

Planning on doing a little BC excursion around the Mammoth area for the long weekend, how are the conditions up there now? Reasonably stable snowpack after this last storm? Anyone tour around yet?

Patrol set off a decent size slide on dropouts. Caught them a little by surprise, hence the slight delay in popping the top. Storms came in wet and heavy, true Sierra cement, so should be pretty stable. It has made for a nice base, and since you really don't sink in much, what you see is what you get, not too many hidden rocks, etc.

Nearly everything is wind buff, but protected areas have so boot top deep. Fun day on the hill. Met up with Whyturn and Calisnow for turns and shared a chair with Powderwhore7.

If I keep this up I will have as many Internet friends as Blurred.

Fun day, and with Snowbird getting 50", even the Utardia mags will get some. Hopefully some good TRs will flow.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by Long duc dong View Post
    Did the top pop today?
    No, it opened today at about 9:45, view from the 1st gondola...

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Met up with Whyturn and Calisnow for turns and shared a chair with Powderwhore7.

Nice to meet you DR, hope your day was as fun as mine. (^teh funnez^)

Looks sick

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Patrol set off a decent size slide on dropouts. Caught them a little by surprise, hence the slight delay in popping the top. Storms came in wet and heavy, true Sierra cement, so should be pretty stable. It has made for a nice base, and since you really don't sink in much, what you see is what you get, not too many hidden rocks, etc.

Nearly everything is wind buff, but protected areas have so boot top deep. Fun day on the hill. Met up with Whyturn and Calisnow for turns and shared a chair with Powderwhore7.

Fun day, and with Snowbird getting 50", even the Utardia mags will get some. Hopefully some good TRs will flow.

Nice to meet you DR, hope your day was as fun as mine. (^teh funnez^)

Thanks for the updates and sweet stoke. Good work getting 1st Gondi PW7.

Things seem to be shaping up nicely, can not wait to get out there....

Looking fun.

Glad to hear this is good base snow.

I will be up tomorrow, leaving at 4am and skiing tomorrow and Wednesday. Hopefully the wind machine will work it's magic.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Quote Originally Posted by potatoeskillme View Post
    Planning on doing a little BC excursion around the Mammoth area for the long weekend, how are the conditions up there now? Reasonably stable snowpack after this last storm? Anyone tour around yet?
    Heading up as well for a little camp mission with two other Socalers. Planning on staying as high as possible. Any ideas on where youre heading yet?
    Last edited by jetlag; 11-20-2012 at 07:48 AM.

Caught some nice pow stashes yesterday and some on Sunday. Pulled a dumb move and grabbed the wrong season pass before heading up, luckily the hottie at main lodge printed me a replacement pass for free, sweet! Bumped into Hutash briefly at the mill, nice meeting you mang. Maybe we can get a couple turns if I bring the right pass next time
    Last edited by Piggity; 11-20-2012 at 09:59 AM. Reason: meant sunday

Snowmang caught the vibe pretty well....

^^^^Funny how flat the mountain looks on video
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Had a great day yesterday even though I tweaked my knee a little. Took today off to prevent further irritation. Whyturn and I had some great turns out near chair five. Solitude is groomed, so I suspect they will open five for the weekend. Rumor was they were going to open Canyon and Juniper this weekend, but now the word is no go to save payroll costs, so who knows?

The buff was excellent yesterday, and should be good for a few days, then maybe a new small storm before the weekend. Who ever makes it up to T-day, enjoy. I am stuck at work until at least mid December, and possibly until New Years since my associate will be off to Thailand for awhile.

iscariot

PW's 1st gondy FTW

Chair five popped today, ten yesterday, do more of the hill is open. Five or ten and a short hike means Lincoln is doable. Saw a few tracks in Avi 1 this AM.

iscariot