Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2012-2013

Agreed, the lack of organization is so un-Laker-like. But that's what happens when the decision is made by Buss and not Kupchak.

I miss Jerry West.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

The magic word has been spoken...I'm getting excited now...

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...s-coaching-job

The Lakers chose D'Antoni, in part, because they felt his up-tempo offense was a better fit for their current roster than Jackson's Triangle offense, a more complicated system to learn.

But can the Lakers' older, less athletic roster run like D'Antoni's infamous "Seven Seconds or Less" teams in Phoenix?

"This is a completely different team," D'Antoni said. "This team will be more skilled, bigger, a little older, much more experienced and our object will be to find the best shot within the 24-second period. We'll push the tempo a little bit. I think the model will be something like 'Showtime.' But that's hard to reach. That was the best probably it's ever been done, but that's kind of how we will evolve things.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Not sure who on that roster's gonna get out and run, but kudos to D'Antoni for firing up the base.

they'll begin with a fast trot till nash returns

Quote Originally Posted by Steven S. Dallas View Post
    Not sure who on that roster's gonna get out and run, but kudos to D'Antoni for firing up the base.
    But...

Kobe had orthokine on his failing, arthritic knees...
    Dwight has fixed his bad back...
    Nash is like a Canadian Brett Butler, fast despite his age...
    and World Peace is in ALL-TIME shape...

Fuck
    We're old

So, I guess the Clippers look pretty good this year. I was kind of hoping that the anti-flopping rules were going to slow down Paul and Griffin.

Memphis also looks good.

OKC has lost its mojo (though probably not for good).

ESPN's analysts generally suck. Jalen Rose is great and Bill Simmons is okay. But Magic is downright horrible. Is there anyone more prone to overreaction and hyperbole? (I'm talking about actual analysts rather than talking heads and radio folk, although that line is getting admittedly blurry.) Wilbon is simply a one-man chorus who doesn't add anything unless it involves fellating the Bulls.

Um, the Warriors are 14-7 (probably 14-8 after tonight's game at Miami) and have one of the best road records in the NBA. Their best shooters started very slowly, their best defense player has been injured all season, their best bench player (Brandon Rush, arguably) went down with a season-ending injury in the second game, and they rely on three rookies heavily. Also, it's too bad David Lee sucks so badly on defense, but he's a great player otherwise.

This might be the most authoritative and impressive block I've ever seen:

Shhhhh!!!!! Don't focus on the Warriors, you'll ruin it. Now if Curry can just stay healthy .......

Double OT for the win!

I think KG was trying to say "hi".

People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Frickin' awesome seats, Tuckerman.

Best part of the Warriors win? Two backups--Jarret Jack (who is a fantastic back-up PG) and Draymond Green--put together the clutch play.

And I stand corrected about the best block this season. Here it is against Kris Humpheries (who was mercilessly booed in the Warriors game I went to earlier this year):

Quote Originally Posted by Arty50 View Post
    I miss Jerry West.
    The W's don't. Holy shit they're on fire!

Ws have 3 rooks, 2 2nd year players getting tons of time, and have a toughness not seen since the We Believe year.

Take that you sniveling Clippers! We crush your little heads!

Weird but great year for the Dubs. We beat the Clippers (twice) and Miami in Miami but got dominated twice by the Kings and Magic. Whatever. I really like this team. I hope Lee or Curry or both make the All-Star team. (But it won't surprise me if Lin makes it in but not Curry, as the All-Star selection process is ridiculous.)

Blazers = shockingly mediocre.
    Lillard = Double legit.
    Hickson = steal of the century. Thanks incredibly dysfunctional Kings!
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

kings in liquidation mode in anticipation of the move north.

the glove got his name on the HOF ballot last night.

GP seems too young to be in the nba hall, i just see him in the pool halls hitting on the young hotties.

Terrence Ross is the real deal.

Nash has 10k+ assists.

wait till he grows up and becomes a man in the league with unstoppable game.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    wait till he grows up and becomes a man in the league with unstoppable game.
    If ur talking about talking about t dot flight 31 then you sir are spot on. If not then this never happend.

Seattle Kings??

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Finstock View Post
    Seattle Kings??
    Montreal kings?