Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    we have 4000 dentists
    QFT and FIFY
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

heh, what's so funny is all the skierz that spray and have never even skied here, or rarely ever left the one mountain range they call, "home".

rog

I grew up in the east, I've skied Jay.

I'll stick to my new adopted home in BC.

This is just an average day out on a mellow little tour in our backyard.

This is everywhere in the west, and we get the conditions many days a year for it, a hack like me can get that shot with a cheap point-n-shoot out here. No Pro photog is going to make a living shooting the east so you won't see coverage.

so what if you have 8000 vert descents. we have 4000 ft descents and do it twice, so what of it?
    We had 80 feet descents doing it 100 times sucked

So I moved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Is Rog worried about his dick size again?
    Such a shame since there is such great skiing out east.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

nice one buster!!!

rog

Loved MRG and Bush sidecountry when I was there. Plus the history. Never got dented in the Presidentials.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I'm not saying there isn't good skiing in the EC Rog...there obviously is but editorially it's just not as exciting as WC locations.
    You're a surfer.....what do the surfing magazines write about....are there a lot of articles about EC surfing or is it mainly WC, exotic locations and Hawaii?????
    TGR Bureau Chief, Greenwater, WA

Quote Originally Posted by Backountry Magazine

Editorial Internship

Backcountry Magazine seeks qualified applicants for three- to four-month internships this spring (March-June). Editorial Interns work at Backcountry Headquarters in Jeffersonville, VT, and Online Editorial Interns work remotely. Applications for summer internships (June-September) also accepted. Read below for more information and how to apply.

Ever wonder what it's like behind the scenes at Backcountry Magazine? Join our team as the Editorial Intern and you'll get firsthand experience.

Backcountry's Editorial Intern works closely with the editorial and photo staff and must be based at Backcountry Headquarters in Jeffersonville, VT. Day-to-day work depends on the intern's interests and strengths, resulting in a specialized exposure to the outdoor publishing industry. Responsibilities could include but are not limited to:

* Proofreading, editing and fact checking
    * Researching for Backcountry features and departments
    * Soliciting and managing photo submissions
    * Supporting the Backcountry team with administrative tasks
    * Writing copy
    * Corresponding with contributors

No specific computer proficiency is required, but interns are expected to be able to learn the basics of programs similar to Inkscape, InCopy, Photoshop and Excel. Applicants should be self-motivated and detail-oriented with good organizational skills. Since responsibilities vary wildly from day to day, the Editorial Intern must have a love of learning and an ability to multitask in a team atmosphere.

The 20+ hour/week position is unpaid, but offers rich experience and learning opportunities. To apply, email a cover letter, resume and writing samples to:

Adam Howard, Editorial Director, Backcountry Magazine
    321-Exposé

I think that with all of the objectives when an ec shot does gets published it's that much sweeter. Like here in AZ it can be hard to make those pics happen but so what? I'm not crying that there isn't more content on AZ, when there was it was because we had an epic year and I talked a JH photog into coming down to document our season. So what! If it happens then good but if not who cares. Wha wa wa! Quit yer crying and go capture some images if you want to see more of it. Otherwise just stfu. Hopefully this year you guys get the goods, if there aren't enough submissions next year to get the ec published then who is to blame? You guys are. Make it happen, I would love to see more epic shots of ec skiing.

Hi I'm looking for the impromptu meeting on aggressive overcompensating for my small dick size. Oh great I found it. Nice to see so many people made it from so many different places.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    I grew up in the east, I've skied Jay.
    yay.

This is just an average day out on a mellow little tour in our backyard.

This is everywhere in the west, and we get the conditions many days a year for it, a hack like me can get that shot with a cheap point-n-shoot out here. No Pro photog is going to make a living shooting the east so you won't see coverage.
    ^^^^^^^^^ok, but why on earth is that skier about to cross that track and why is there another track in that pic? poor form? looks busy.

what you missed, not jay

http://www.famousinternetskiers.com/mtw-pow/

not that uncommon in winter, or spring.

rog

yay.

^^^^^^^^^ok, but why on earth is that skier about to cross that track and why is there another track in that pic? poor form? looks busy.

what you missed, not jay

http://www.famousinternetskiers.com/mtw-pow/

not that uncommon in winter, or spring.

rog
    Hahaha.... you're really pushing it this time.

I was with you on that day, and believe me it was an awesome day of skiing, but damn that pic Shirk took looks good. I think I would take that over our day 9 times out of 10.

...But for the sake of keeping this thread going. Fuck that shit Shirk is skiing. Shit sucks. Too many damn tracks, not steep enough, bad sun angle, manky west coast shit snow, etc.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Icelanticskier bringin the east to the west. The east is still bettah!

rog

well at least you didn't try dispute the truth
    "yeah baby farm the 30 degree powder park gnar"
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post

East or West....WAY too many turns. Let 'em run dood!

Editorial Internship

Backcountry Magazine seeks qualified applicants for three- to four-month internships this spring (March-June). Editorial Interns work at Backcountry Headquarters in Jeffersonville, VT, and Online Editorial Interns work remotely. Applications for summer internships (June-September) also accepted. Read below for more information and how to apply.

Ever wonder what it's like behind the scenes at Backcountry Magazine? Join our team as the Editorial Intern and you'll get firsthand experience.

Backcountry's Editorial Intern works closely with the editorial and photo staff and must be based at Backcountry Headquarters in Jeffersonville, VT. Day-to-day work depends on the intern's interests and strengths, resulting in a specialized exposure to the outdoor publishing industry. Responsibilities could include but are not limited to:

* Proofreading, editing and fact checking
    * Researching for Backcountry features and departments
    * Soliciting and managing photo submissions
    * Supporting the Backcountry team with administrative tasks
    * Writing copy
    * Corresponding with contributors

No specific computer proficiency is required, but interns are expected to be able to learn the basics of programs similar to Inkscape, InCopy, Photoshop and Excel. Applicants should be self-motivated and detail-oriented with good organizational skills. Since responsibilities vary wildly from day to day, the Editorial Intern must have a love of learning and an ability to multitask in a team atmosphere.

The 20+ hour/week position is unpaid, but offers rich experience and learning opportunities. To apply, email a cover letter, resume and writing samples to:

Adam Howard, Editorial Director, Backcountry Magazine

Geez. Tempting. A job that doesn't pay being office bitch for some trusties...Does Ryer still work there too, or did he buy in??? Reason enough to take the pass on that gig. Dood threatened me for heading up to go ski "his" cut line at the resort. Real BC enthusiast. I think the direct quote was "If you're going where I think you're going, we're gonna have problems." What a good guy.

Seriously fuck that noise.

Hey come on in and do all the work for us, its unpaid, but we'll give you a great recco from our little known niche of a niche sport mag which will take you places!
    Live Free or Die

and you get to live in beautiful jeffersonville vt! at the base of americas family mountain
    but smuggs is sick and has some crazy fucking locals there. just not where i think of when i think a (inter?)national magazine. These dudes are probably like man i wish i was in utah last week they got 42 inches, lets run a utah story. damn its nuking in the sierras, and its cold and dark and raining here, lets run a sierra pic. damn its snowing out here, LETS GO SKI

east coast doesn't have a ski problem, it has an inferiority problem, a tired, tired angle and approach to build any "content" project around... at the same time, i think it's fair criticism to hound backcounty magazine for not doing enough -- not my opinion, b/c i find the mag generally boring whatever coast it's covering -- to document ski culture in its back-frickin'-yard. for what it's worth, east coast skiers are the most passionate and die-hard skiers i have ever met, something i admire and respect greatly even as i left a long, long time ago.

if you knew the wasatch bc other than honeycomb canyon, you'd know that isn't powder park. low angle has it's place, and that winter was a very sketchball winter in the wasatch. a winter where you kept yer pivot skiddin to the lift served if i remember correctly. nttawwt

and actually that ^^^^^ spot is about 33-34 degrees to be exact

gaper on SFB!

rog

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    East or West....WAY too many turns. Let 'em run dood!
    nope, any jong can let em run. turns are just what they are. can never make too many of em. it's call a proper use of space. less turns=wasted space.

rog

The jazz flute soundtrack ruined it for me.

^^^^^^^^^I think this would be a better sound track for that one rog.

I think you ski good rog.
    TGR Bureau Chief, Greenwater, WA

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    The jazz flute soundtrack ruined it for me.
    oh but it was MUCH more about apres than the actual skiing with that one, brit

girlz, man o man.........

rog

A.A. Milne made bigger turns than that....

Probably picked up more girlz too.