Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I found it to roll slower than a coating of horseshit.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

had an ardent and thought it was fine.

I just put a WTB Bronson up front and bzzzzzzz that thing is fkn sick

^^^ the 2.4 Ardent on the yeti does not like the soft PNW dirt to well. As mentioned they drift. Had some cheap IRC XC II on my hardtail and they cornered better than the ardents. Maybe that is the soft PNW dirt. But I washed out in corners 3 times in a mile stretch trying to push the bike hard through corners. Decided I would corner hard my HT and just ease back when on the FS until I replaced the ardent which is coming up now that they are nearly worn out.

2.25 UST version on the rear of my Reign-X has been working great, around here in the east.

However, I have absofuckinglutely no desire to try running it up front. Front is a Bontrager XR4 "tubeless ready" which I'm digging quite a bit. Not quite as sticky as a the 2.5 DHF 3cEXO I came from, but supah faster rolling and feeling.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

jerr is offline Underwater trapeze artist
    Reporting back -

I tried the HR2 up front and hated it. On firm dusty trails it washed out a number of times where the ardent stuck. Regarding, the ardent I do get that there's a gap as you move the tire onto it's side. When I use it again I'll run it quite low pressure and see how that works. It's got a massive casing so it should handle it and might even work well?

In the mean time I've put a 2ply DHF on the front and had my first ride on that last night and it was very cool. I see why so many people love it.
    Nine out of ten Jeremy's prefer a warm jacket to a warm day

Quote Originally Posted by jerr View Post
    I tried the HR2 up front and hated it. On firm dusty trails it washed out a number of times
    Super tacky or 3C eh?
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

It's a 60a, admittedly about 3/4 life, but it's the side lugs/edging that gave me no love. ~33psi

As thin as those knobs are they're kind of useless much beyond 'brand new'. I thought I was going to die when I put a similarly worn one back on the front of my bike. That lasted one ride.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Soooo...

Just had a decent ride on some pretty good slppy conditions. The Ardent 2.25 UST on the back of the bike had been working quite well in the dry, sucked donkey balls in the wet/slimy/goopy stuff.

Off it goes.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Borrow Jerr's HR2.

Borrow? You can just have it.

You know what I will say for the Ardent, the edging, once you're there, was amazing! When I put it on the back and tried to lock shit up sideways, to bleed speed on big dumb get-back tracks - I had real trouble getting the side knobs to release? They just refused to break free.

There's something good in there. If that was added closer into the rolling face of a minion?

running a 2.4 up front, 2.25 in rear, been riding lots of wet roots and rocks and it just sticks (on RM Altitude) ... coming from a Nobby Nic, its been confidence inspiring