Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Solisunday?

Tresckow Guest
    Boarderline,

You and Kim should stop by and say hello to Lynx at Brighton tomorrow. She will be taking pics for the man but might be able to get away and ski for awhile. Look for her wherever large groups of people stop to get their pics taken on the mountain.

BOB MC WHERE ARE YOOOOUUUUUUUU!!!!

11 am me, Ice, IceJr, meet relaease, Treskow & Mrs, & MacDaddy for some sunny day schralping.

We did 3 Quad laps looking for bob & possibley Brett small air son to no avail.

then we proceeded to splinter.

Had fun running fast with family de Ice & taking Ice Jr. down through the trees @ summit.

that kid rips.

too bad he will never ski powder till he takes a trip on his own......

Originally posted by Woodsy
    too bad he will never ski powder till he takes a trip on his own......
    Quiet, beeyotch. I have decided to move here, as of now. Unless y'all pay me to leave, which might be worth your while.

But where the hell were you, EmceeBob?

Originally posted by Tresckow
    Boarderline,

You and Kim should stop by and say hello to Lynx at Brighton tomorrow. She will be taking pics for the man but might be able to get away and ski for awhile. Look for her wherever large groups of people stop to get their pics taken on the mountain.
    yeah....i was at the top of the majestic chair today aka chair that should have been or probly was filmed for an old school warren miller movie to illustrate what-not-to-do when getting off a lift. wouldn't expect to see maggots up there really

Tresckow Guest

It's that time

Anyone down? If so see ya all at 11 at Eagle

Maybe next week, Ned. Working on it.

Sorry I missed you last Monday, family stuff got kinda convoluted.

Tresckow Guest
    Sounds good, I'm looking forward to seeing you lay waste to all the untracked with those spatulas. Then I want you to leave them with us. I'll promise to take real good care of them in your absence.

I almost left them, but then I started thinking about how cursed they are. I couldn't do that to the whole utard crew. Better to get them out of there.

Tresckow Guest
    Your a good man Ice, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I'll be there, Eagle at 11 it is.

BobMc

Your a good man Ice, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
    Happy B-day Ned! Hope you are gettin' after it today.

The timing for the Solisunday crew seems to be a bit off. I got to Eagle at 11:09, nobody was there. I waited for about 10 minutes then figured I must have been late.

Oh well, none the less I had a fun day skiing by myself. It snowed small pebbles for most of the time I was there. By the time I left there was at least 4 inches of new snow.

It wasn't as busy as it has been lately. Although, the final bump field in Honeycomb canyon was severely bumped up. I swear they had been made by people wielding 150's.

Happy birthday Ned,

BobMc

Should be good out there tomorrow! Iceman, Release, MacDaddy and the Tresckow pair should be definites.

Anyone else is more than welcome, we usually meet up at Eagle at 11.

BobMc

PS, Ned I'll have my radio 5-0

Originally posted by BobMc
    The timing for the Solisunday crew seems to be a bit off. I got to Eagle at 11:09, nobody was there. I waited for about 10 minutes then figured I must have been late.

Dude, if you want it to be Eagle @ 11:10, just say so.

Until then, it's 11:00

See you tomorrow.

Ice, call me in the morning. You too Ned.

BobMc

What, we need to wake your ass up?

Whoa! What a good day! I actually didn't drink much last night nor play video games. Therefore I was pretty much good to go when MacDaddy called me, well after a bit more snoozing that is.

I arrived at Solitude about twenty to eleven. When I arrived I discovered the lot fuller than I've ever seen. If I had been there 15 minutes later I think I would have been parking on the road. I barely fit lenthwise behind a row of cars. I parked and stepped out of my truck, and what to my wondering eyes appears but a MacDaddy. John was parked within 15 feet of my truck.

We took our time getting ready and filled a cooler of beer with snow. John was as usual dawdling a bit so I boogied on down to Eagle. I wasn't at Eagle long before Release showed up, Iceman was soon to follow. John finally showed up and Kristen came by. Tresckow had told Kristen for us to meet him at Summit at noon. So, we were off.

We took a run down Eagle hoping to run into Woodsy, we'd heard rumours of him being on the hill. To no avail, he wasn't to be spotted. After riding Eagle back up we headed down to Powderhorn. Rhapsody wasn't too bad but it was beat a bit. The snow was pushed around a bit and not the endless pillows of fresh I'd fell asleep dreaming about.

From Powderhorn we headed down into the Summit lift. There the snow began getting better. Fresh tracks on the upper section, then soft pillows in the gully.

After finding Tresckow we spent most of the day running laps on the Summit lift. The Headwall Forest, Scree Slope and the Evergreens were a bounty of fresh lines. Face shots were the rule rather than the exception.

At the end of the day the entire crew + Woodsy met up for beers at the Creekside. A fitting end to a kick ass day.

Thanks to everyone!

BobMc

Bob is so full of shit

first he tells us that he's in love with us

then he lies and says Soli rocked today?

he tries to carry on with something to the effect of,---- like the deepest day of the year if not in last four years, I mean they had to put little ropes under lift to keep people from hitting their heads on my skis, or just in-case Mannute Bol and his family was skiing today.

solitude really sucked

Tresckows girl cant ski either...........oMFg

great to ski with Release, yo dude glad to see your fitness is getting up there..nice work
    but I still watched as you dogged the "traverse" out the forest lake

Ice what can I say???

"are those spatulas dude??"

nice work, we gotta work on your fitness...

D-Day great to see you sorry we missed you on the hill

Tresckow is a ripper but likes Rochester twin hermaphrodites, now thats a funny story.

me I'm gonna ski when I'm a hundred...I'm a third of the way there

if you didnt ski the LCC or the BCC today..........
    Points on their own sitting way up high

No shit about the fitness today, at least. I couldn't breathe worth shit.

Fun times, though, too bad that mountain sucks so bad.

at the bottom of the worst air in the USA
    Originally posted by iceman
    Fun times, though, too bad that mountain sucks so bad.
    Whaddaya want? You're in Utah after all and Solitude is the county seat of Suck Lake County.
    Not soliciting business through casual internet associations

Tresckow Guest

Good Times

[QUOTE]Bob is so full of shit

first he tells us that he's in love with us

then he lies and says Soli rocked today?

he tries to carry on with something to the effect of,---- like the deepest day of the year if not in last four years, I mean they had to put little ropes under lift to keep people from hitting their heads on my skis, or just in-case Mannute Bol and his family was skiing today.

solitude really sucked

Tresckows girl cant ski either...........oMFg

great to ski with Release, yo dude glad to see your fitness is getting up there..nice work

Ice what can I say???

"are those spatulas dude??"

nice work, we gotta work on your fitness...

D-Day great to see you sorry we missed you on the hill

Tresckow is a ripper but likes Rochester twin hermaphrodites, now thats a funny story.

me I'm gonna ski when I'm a hundred...I'm a third of the way there

if you didnt ski the LCC or the BCC today.......... [QUOTE]

DPPS

Wish I could of got loaded up with you all later on...

Originally posted by MacDaddy
    Well maybe I was getting a little tired. Two days of that lousy Solitude powder was taking its affect.

It was great to see everyone on Sunday. Skiing was great even though the lift lines were getting long. Monday was great too - skied with my daughter on a beautiful bluebird day and had some fun rippin' the groomers.

Plan to be back out sometime in April.

BTW, I don't think I ever thanked Iceman for the slice of pizza - Thanks.

Whoo Hoo! It appears Frozenwater has a hall pass for tomorrow. Anyone else in? Tresckow, Kristen, Woodsy?

If Kristen needs a ride up the canyon call me. See y'all at Eagle.

BobMc

Tresckow Guest

It's on!

To help get you all stoked for Sunday, I have to offer a quick report of today.

It started dumping around 6am, and was boot deep by 10. The wind was howling and all the tracks from yesterday (which didn't suck either) were filled back in. Face shots everywhere, and patrol didn't drop the ropes up top till afternoon. By then, most had been lapping Honeycomb from either Navarone or pooderhorn, and kept to the bottom of the mountain. And again, the real show was going on up top.

Full on wind-blown goodness which encouraged moving fast and airplane turns into the drifts. I love those super light Wasatch pow days, but I also really appreciate the wind-blown. It feels much easier to stick those landings and facillitates monster turns in zones which would normally be difficult to negotiate around big rocks. The snow just sticks to all types of unmarked hazards.

So Cathedral and the goods off the traverse back down to Summit were up for graps. It was so deep yet windblown perfection. Haul ass where you want and then dump it all into the drifts and submerge nipple deep.

That's about all, and Sunday should go off.

Kristen's parents are up here tomorrow, so we (her?) will be giving the tour tomorrow. I'll have my radio, and I'll be in the Summit area around noon.

Get some.

Re: It's on!

I'll have my radio, and I'll be in the Summit area around noon.

Get some.
    5-0

BobMc