Page 1 of 53 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Solisunday?

Solisunday?

Ok, it's that time of year again for BobMc to start his Solitude thread. I'll be periodically bumping this thread up during the season.

Tomorrow I'll be heading to Solitude, supposed to hook up with Woodsy and possibly MacDaddy.

Come one, come all, it's the inaugural Solisunday, many to follow throughout the season!

Hope to see some of you there,

BobMc

What time? I should be up there in the afternoon.
    SELECT IQ
    FROM
    Users
    WHERE
    IQ > 0

0 Row(s) affected.

I'll probably get up there around 10-11ish, probably ski till 3 or so. I'll be wearing the same clothes I wore last year, the same skis as well.

Blue/Grey coat, red/blue/white hat, black pants, Head skis with PM tags front and rear. Just holler out "change for a nickel!" periodically and I'll find ya.

BobMc

Well, it's not this sunday, but I do have next sunday off. Perhaps our time has come bob.

Originally posted by BobMc
    I'll probably get up there around 10-11ish, probably ski till 3 or so. I'll be wearing the same clothes I wore last year, the same skis as well.

Blue/Grey coat, red/blue/white hat, black pants, Head skis with PM tags front and rear. Just holler out "change for a nickel!" periodically and I'll find ya.

BobMc
    Look for the knuckledragger in black pants, tan/orange jacket riding a black Never Summer board and wearing a red backpack.

BTW, there was some sweet pow to be farmed underneath the closed Eagle Express on Friday. I'm sure faceshots will be had tomorrow as well.
    SELECT IQ
    FROM
    Users
    WHERE
    IQ > 0

0 Row(s) affected.

Originally posted by Ski Monkey
    I do have next sunday off.
    Next Sunday it is. Powderhorn and Eagle Express will be open on Monday, they'll be a lot more to ski next weekend. Hopefully they'll have Sunrise and the Summit open soon as well.

Early December opening for Honeycomb? (Crosses fingers)

See ya next Sunday,

BobMc

all I know is bob's the man, boarderline's the bizzitch. Y'all knwo why.

J-

Originally posted by jayfrizzo

J-

Don't be playa hatin' cause yo' ass was too 'sick' to be at da Boid openah, b.

Just cause I be getting powdah like Richard Pryor ain't no reason to be hatin'. Damn.
    Last edited by boarderline; 11-16-2003 at 11:17 AM.
    SELECT IQ
    FROM
    Users
    WHERE
    IQ > 0

0 Row(s) affected.

Originally posted by jayfrizzo

J-
    I'm the Man! I'm the Man! I'm the Man!

Why, I have no idea? But, I'll take it.

BobMc

Bob-

Too bad I missed you. I kept my eyes peeled for you but no luck. Next time....possibly Solituesday?

Visibility was nil today. At one point I noticed that I could only see about 3 chairs in front of me on the lift. Found some sweet pow under the Eagle though. Lower Sunshine Bowl was largely untouched and about shin deep.

Where did you ski today?
    SELECT IQ
    FROM
    Users
    WHERE
    IQ > 0

0 Row(s) affected.

The first Solisunday was a success!

I continued to drink my Busch (TM) once I left the Frizzo's. Therefore I was a bit leisurely on arriving early. I didn't get up to Solitude till just after 12 noon. On the drive up the rain turned to snow right about Moss Ledges. It snowed the entire time I was there. I had to brush myself off on every lift ride.

I found some very nice turns after traversing out into Powderhorn bowl from the Apex lift. Visibility was a bit tough but there were near waist deep shots to be had. Considering it is the middle of November the mountain is in excellent shape.

They only loaded three lifts but they had Sunrise, Powderhorn, and Eagle express spinning. If I had the cash and didn't have to work tomorrow I'd be there first chair at Powderhorn. First chair would mean you'd have to get there about 9:02 or so.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the season!

BobMc

Confirmed dates for me:

Nov. 30 and Jan. 4

More dates to follow. What about Saturdays?

Originally posted by release
    What about Saturdays?
    Unfortunately those involve money, so I'll probably not be present many Saturdays.

BobMc

Whoo Hoo! Come and get some tomorrow! It should be pretty nice up there, dress warmly.

Honeycomb is open! Fresh tracks to be had tomorrow. Anyone else in? MacDaddy and Woodsy so far, come join us.

BobMc

Today was bluebird, not a cloud in the sky. The website claimed 1 inch, but I wasn't worried.

I was awoken by a call from MacDaddy, being as how I hadn't drank too much last night I quickly jumped in the shower. As I was gassing up I saw a guy I used to work with gassing up as well. He was headed up to Solitude also, we followed each other to the parking area and I gave him a ride up the canyon.

After dropping off my friend at the ticket window I drove down to the Eagle Express, noticing MacDaddy's vehicle down there as well.

I rode up Eagle Express and headed down through Powderhorn bowl, nice shin deep windblown. From there I headed up to the Summit. I rode the Summit and thought to myself how sick everything looked. I took one quick run dancing between the groomers and the untracked. Then I headed out into the Evergreens. I didn't have to go far, at corner chute I noticed only one set of tracks going down. I decided to forgo the traversing and have my way with the unthouched easily accessible powder.

Then it was time for a Honeycomb run. This is the earliest Solitude has ever had Honeycomb open! I traversed out a few hundred yards on the skiers left of Honeycomb, the traverse went further out, I saw no reason to continue. Below me was an entire field of snow with one track down it. I hooted and hollered to the bottom of the pitch and cruised out the bottom of the canyon.

I went down to the truck and tuned up a bit after that. Then I returned to the Summit, had my way with a few untouched lines. Another trip through Honeycomb and I finished up with laps on Eagle.

I finally found MacDaddy, Boarderline, Tresckow and a friend of John's at the end of the day. A few beers at John's house and my day was complete.

Whew, another fun day at Solitude. I hope all you suckers over at Alta had fun, heh.

BobMc

Sounds great BobMc. I'll be looking for you next Sunday. Thanks for the pic.

at the bottom of the worst air in the USA
    You just need to thank Frizzo and I for telling the patrol on Friday that Honeycomb can't open till Bob Mc can attend. Unfortunately that greedy Woodsy and his trusty sidekick Frozen pulled a string on Sat and ruined our show of goodwill.
    Not soliciting business through casual internet associations

I can't promise new snow, but I can promise a good time!

Hopefully we'll have Release, Tresckow, Kristin, MacDaddy, Boarderline and Woodsy.

Anyone else who wants to show up is more than welcome.

I'll probably be up there earlier, but, Eagle Express at 11 usually works well.

Hope to see y'all up there!

BobMc

based on today I have a hellish Morning,
    somebody take a phone
    I will need to ski pm

Originally posted by Woodsy
    based on today I have a hellish Morning,
    somebody take a phone
    I will need to ski pm
    Excellent! Hopefully MacDaddy will have his with him. Otherwise, Eagle at 1?

BobMc

Hopefully we'll have Release, Tresckow, Kristin, MacDaddy, Boarderline and Woodsy.
    I think you're forgetting a couple people.

Originally posted by truth
    I think you're forgetting a couple people.
    For this weekend?

BobMc

For this weekend?

BobMc
    I'm an idiot...this holiday and the shit I've been dealing with have me all fuxord.

I'll be up there gaping around on skis tomorrow. One stick fun, two sticks more fun? We'll see. Have yet to ski on a pair of midfats or fats, curious to see how they compare to the straight skis I rode years ago before I went to the dark side.

See you at Eagle at 11.
    SELECT IQ
    FROM
    Users
    WHERE
    IQ > 0

0 Row(s) affected.

Tresckow Guest
    See you all at 11 at the eagle.

Woodsy, everything looks good on my end. Thanks for the info and stickers, and hope you can get out and get some.