Page 6 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Solisunday?

Bluebird doesn't begin to describe it. Today was one of those "how is the sky so blue?" days. There was still snow to be found hidden all about Solitude. Days like today remind me why I love this little resort. The skier participation was back to normal, no lines and an easily parked lot.

I arrived at Eagle on time and waited for Frozen, no sighting. So, I headed up to the Summit and listened attentively to my radio (those things are fucking annoying). Eventually I heard Tresckow paging my name, we all hooked up at the top of Summit and the game was on.

I proceeded to putz around with Kristen's parents, and let Ned and Kristen ski by themselves. Yes folks, I am getting old. Well, that and the fact I was running on about 4 hours sleep (that damn video game). I definitely noticed where Kristen gets her skills, her Mom can tear it up.

Kristen's parents are fine individuals, I enjoyed putzing around with them. Plus the fact we retired about 2 and drank beers in the sun, that's gotta count for something.

Once again, a fantastic Solisunday,

BobMc

Tresckow Guest

Anyone?

Kristen and I just got in from Tahoe and will be up here at Solitude in the morning.

The weather station above the pooderhorn lift shows 49 as of 4 am, so no need to wait for things to corn up.

I'll be walking out of work around 8 at the Inn, give me a call up here if anyone wants to rip around.

Tomorrow should be good! I'll be at Eagle at 11, anyone else in? I'll be meeting MFI and MssBlondx there as well.

I'm hoping for a Tresckow/Kristen, Woodsy, and MacDaddy sighting.

C'mon up and join us,

BobMc

Tresckow Guest

See ya in the morning

Kristen and I will be here and there tomorrow. Maybe bottom of Summit at noon?

Mac Daddy, you gotta rally for this. I'll drag Woodsy out as well. See you fools in the powder.

Oh, and it's 130am and there is this white shit falling from the sky. Lots of wind and snow driftage, meaning there will once again be some deeeeep turns in the woods.

Time to go burn one, later.

Just messing with you Woodsy, I hope your maxing and relaxing right now. Take another shot for me.

you aren't getting funemployment that easy T!

as well as some friends of mine from NorCal.what a fistful today!!!
    MFI, MssBlondeXX, Treskow & the rippinMrs. Cantdog & a buddy, boarderline & the "unofficial spokesman of Solitude" BOB MC!.

lost our NY friends on the way to Summit (bob waited) then ir was on. Bob, CD, & I travesed out for some fresh in Headwall forrest & scree slope,
    saw Steve L shooting with Binger & hopefully Alitatude or chic.

then I got smart & followed Treskow into the drops & trees & sheltered snow of the trees by corner chute.

SAWEET!
    boys retired to Discuss safety & I dragged my boarder buddy around till he was spent.
    back at work with a big ol Grin
    woo hoo what a day, did not even go in Honeycomb. lappin trees off the summit was a hoot, fresh fast & FUN!

Blue bird, soft & delicious

NICNESS!

at the bottom of the worst air in the USA
    I went to Brighton on Friday with my boarding 13-year-old nephew. Got there at 11AM, thinking the place would be tracked out. Acutally made the decision to go there after checking the temps on the web and talking to Frizzo. Said Snowbird had rain in the early AM while Brighton was 32 degrees. Off to Brighton...was tough to pass up El Coulier de Woodsy. But, never had been to Brighton, and thought the monoplanking nephew might enjoy the boardin bonanza said to be there.

Patroller siad there 13'' at 6AM...

To my surprise, I found a great little area, devoid of the crowds one canyon south. I also think the Brighton crowd thinks the trees are off limits...we lapped run after run of untracked pow (did have a bottom to it but still very nice) off Snake Somethingorother Express and the Great Western Express. Very fun day...

Methinks there needs to be a BCC all inclusive pass.

I like them thar BCC areas...no hordes like at the adjacent 'hood.
    Last edited by Lumpy; 03-28-2004 at 05:14 PM.
    Not soliciting business through casual internet associations

Originally posted by Lumpy
    Methinks there needs to be a BCC all inclusive pass.
    Amen.

$59 bucks gets you a SolBright day pass, but you are totally correct, a season pass connecting the two would be very cool...or maybe even an AltaSolBrightBird pass? However, I'm pretty confident that will never happen...

Whew, Woodsy hit the nail on the head. It was a damn fine day!

Last thing I remember about last night was seeing the sun come up. I really need to get away from that damn video game. Alas, I felt pretty chipper when my alarm went off at 10. It's amazing what 17 or so beers and less than four hours sleep will do for you.

The ride up was pretty uneventful, I had gotten up early enough to even get McD's.

As I poled up to the Eagle lift I spot two people apparently waiting for someone. I say hi and how's it going, they don't really respond much. Oh well, I pass the turnstile and about fall on the snow. Woodsy!!! Damn it was good to see him out on the snow, as many times as I've been to Solitude this season this was my first skiing with him. (This season of course.) Accompanying him were Cantdog and his friend Cameron. We waited a few minutes for MFI and MssBlond, eventually I just started hollering "Nickle!"

Turns out the two people I had said hello to were indeed MFI and MssBlond. We took a ride up Eagle and headed down Rhapsody. It was decided MFI and MssBlond needed some warm up time, so I headed off after the rest of the crew.

We lapped the Headwall a few times and met up with Tresckow and the Missus. Boarderline showed up soon after. Like Woodsy has said, the Headwall Forest and Evergreens were a mix of creamy goodness.

Eventually guilt began to fill my head, I left the group after a quick safety meeting, in search of MFI and MssBlond. My timing couldn't have been better, I spotted them just as I got to the bottom. I took them for a few laps on Eagle, Powderhorn and then headed up to the Summit. I think they had quite a good time, perhaps a little nervous at times, but all in all a good time.

The day ended with a run down Honeycomb. The lower skiers left traverse is situated perfectly, easily accessing the goods.

Whew, I'm wore out.

I did manage to take a couple pictures.

Woodsy:

This is why I love Solitude, this picture was taken at 12:30 in the afternoon.

BobMc
    Last edited by BobMc; 03-28-2004 at 06:32 PM.

Thanks for the report BobMc. I hope to be out closing weekend.

at the bottom of the worst air in the USA
    Originally posted by BobMc
    Woodsy:

BobMc
    Woodsy thinking-
    "So this is what all those people do here? This is cool!!!"
    Not soliciting business through casual internet associations

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BobMc
    [B]Whew, Woodsy hit the nail on the head. It was a damn fine day!

Last thing I remember about last night was seeing the sun come up. I really need to get away from that damn video game. Alas, I felt pretty chipper when my alarm went off at 10. It's amazing what 17 or so beers and less than four hours sleep will do for you.

The ride up was pretty uneventful, I had gotten up early enough to even get McD's.

As I poled up to the Eagle lift I spot two people apparently waiting for someone. I say hi and how's it going, they don't really respond much. Oh well, I pass the turnstile and about fall on the snow. Woodsy!!! Damn it was good to see him out on the snow, as many times as I've been to Solitude this season this was my first skiing with him. (This season of course.) Accompanying him were Cantdog and his friend Cameron. We waited a few minutes for MFI and MssBlond, eventually I just started hollering "Nickle!"

Turns out the two people I had said hello to were indeed MFI and MssBlond. We took a ride up Eagle and headed down Rhapsody. It was decided MFI and MssBlond needed some warm up time, so I headed off after the rest of the crew.

We lapped the Headwall a few times and met up with Tresckow and the Missus. Boarderline showed up soon after. Like Woodsy has said, the Headwall Forest and Evergreens were a mix of creamy goodness.

Eventually guilt began to fill my head, I left the group after a quick safety meeting, in search of MFI and MssBlond. My timing couldn't have been better, I spotted them just as I got to the bottom. I took them for a few laps on Eagle, Powderhorn and then headed up to the Summit. I think they had quite a good time, perhaps a little nervous at times, but all in all a good time.

The day ended with a run down Honeycomb. The lower skiers left traverse is situated perfectly, easily accessing the goods.

Whew, I'm wore out.

I did manage to take a couple pictures.

Woodsy:

This is why I love Solitude, this picture was taken at 12:30 in the afternoon.

BobMc

MssBlond called last night to tell me what a rippin time they had with you Bob. Yes, she got a little spooked with some of the shit she was looking at She said they had a great time...loved the place and definately recommended it to me and my family if and when we ever get out there. She did mention the pictures you were taking....cant wait to see them

Kristine
    Snow?

Originally posted by Lumpy
    Woodsy thinking-
    "So this is what all those people do here? This is cool!!!"
    Looks to me like he's thinking "if I drag my knuckle a little more I can get perfectly perpendicular to the fall line. Aw, I wish I was a snowboarder."

J-
    Last edited by jayfrizzo; 03-29-2004 at 08:04 AM.

d-day------------->so gaping right now!

Well folks, this weekend is it, the end of the season. I'll be up on Sunday, Eagle at 11.

The real reason for the early thread bump is to get Woodsy to roll on up to marketing and tell them the damn Solitude website is down.

BobMc

we know,
    server is down, prolly til tomorrow.

I will be on the stix on sun a bit but bailing early to lock down my property & catch a plane to Alberta

Saturday night bump hoping Tresckow updates me on the weather.

Release, you around? Hoping I'll at least see the Tresckow two and Woodsy.

BobMc

I rock at harmonica!!!!!

Originally posted by MacDaddy
    I rock at harmonica!!!!!
    You coming bitch?

BobMc

Tresckow Guest
    BobMc,

It was hammering up near Silverfork on my drive up tonight, but not much up here in the village.

Couple inches as of 11pm

Give me a call if your still up

Ned

yea bitch i'm there if it snows foot

Tresckow Guest
    I hear you've been spreading rumors MD

wow

did you see how big my font was??

that was cool

I bet I have the biggest lung capacity next to tresckow
    for smoker on this board!!!!!!!

my lungs used blow 7.6 liters I bet i'm stilclose.... I dont smoke tabaco now I just blow.......

hockey is fun at 12:32am

Tresckow Guest
    That is all heresay and innuendo. Hey crack a beer and pound one for me, I'll be testing my lung capacity on this end.

I already craked a few beers tonight if tits not obvious!!!

Last edited by MacDaddy; 04-18-2004 at 09:37 AM.