Page 6 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 1316

Thread: Solisunday?

  1. #126
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Behind the Zion Curtain
    Posts
    3,028
    Bluebird doesn't begin to describe it. Today was one of those "how is the sky so blue?" days. There was still snow to be found hidden all about Solitude. Days like today remind me why I love this little resort. The skier participation was back to normal, no lines and an easily parked lot.

    I arrived at Eagle on time and waited for Frozen, no sighting. So, I headed up to the Summit and listened attentively to my radio (those things are fucking annoying). Eventually I heard Tresckow paging my name, we all hooked up at the top of Summit and the game was on.

    I proceeded to putz around with Kristen's parents, and let Ned and Kristen ski by themselves. Yes folks, I am getting old. Well, that and the fact I was running on about 4 hours sleep (that damn video game). I definitely noticed where Kristen gets her skills, her Mom can tear it up.

    Kristen's parents are fine individuals, I enjoyed putzing around with them. Plus the fact we retired about 2 and drank beers in the sun, that's gotta count for something.

    Once again, a fantastic Solisunday,

    BobMc

  2. #127
    Tresckow Guest

    Anyone?

    Kristen and I just got in from Tahoe and will be up here at Solitude in the morning.

    The weather station above the pooderhorn lift shows 49 as of 4 am, so no need to wait for things to corn up.

    I'll be walking out of work around 8 at the Inn, give me a call up here if anyone wants to rip around.

  3. #128
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Behind the Zion Curtain
    Posts
    3,028
    Tomorrow should be good! I'll be at Eagle at 11, anyone else in? I'll be meeting MFI and MssBlondx there as well.

    I'm hoping for a Tresckow/Kristen, Woodsy, and MacDaddy sighting.

    C'mon up and join us,

    BobMc

  4. #129
    Tresckow Guest

    See ya in the morning

    Kristen and I will be here and there tomorrow. Maybe bottom of Summit at noon?

    Mac Daddy, you gotta rally for this. I'll drag Woodsy out as well. See you fools in the powder.

    Oh, and it's 130am and there is this white shit falling from the sky. Lots of wind and snow driftage, meaning there will once again be some deeeeep turns in the woods.

    Time to go burn one, later.










    Just messing with you Woodsy, I hope your maxing and relaxing right now. Take another shot for me.

  5. #130
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Babylon
    Posts
    10,176
    you aren't getting funemployment that easy T!


    as well as some friends of mine from NorCal.what a fistful today!!!
    MFI, MssBlondeXX, Treskow & the rippinMrs. Cantdog & a buddy, boarderline & the "unofficial spokesman of Solitude" BOB MC!.

    lost our NY friends on the way to Summit (bob waited) then ir was on. Bob, CD, & I travesed out for some fresh in Headwall forrest & scree slope,
    saw Steve L shooting with Binger & hopefully Alitatude or chic.

    then I got smart & followed Treskow into the drops & trees & sheltered snow of the trees by corner chute.

    SAWEET!
    boys retired to Discuss safety & I dragged my boarder buddy around till he was spent.
    back at work with a big ol Grin
    woo hoo what a day, did not even go in Honeycomb. lappin trees off the summit was a hoot, fresh fast & FUN!


    Blue bird, soft & delicious

    NICNESS!

  6. #131
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    at the bottom of the worst air in the USA
    Posts
    1,824
    I went to Brighton on Friday with my boarding 13-year-old nephew. Got there at 11AM, thinking the place would be tracked out. Acutally made the decision to go there after checking the temps on the web and talking to Frizzo. Said Snowbird had rain in the early AM while Brighton was 32 degrees. Off to Brighton...was tough to pass up El Coulier de Woodsy. But, never had been to Brighton, and thought the monoplanking nephew might enjoy the boardin bonanza said to be there.

    Patroller siad there 13'' at 6AM...

    To my surprise, I found a great little area, devoid of the crowds one canyon south. I also think the Brighton crowd thinks the trees are off limits...we lapped run after run of untracked pow (did have a bottom to it but still very nice) off Snake Somethingorother Express and the Great Western Express. Very fun day...

    Methinks there needs to be a BCC all inclusive pass.

    I like them thar BCC areas...no hordes like at the adjacent 'hood.
    Last edited by Lumpy; 03-28-2004 at 05:14 PM.
    Not soliciting business through casual internet associations

  7. #132
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Fart Louderdale
    Posts
    640
    Originally posted by Lumpy
    Methinks there needs to be a BCC all inclusive pass.
    Amen.

  8. #133
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,847
    $59 bucks gets you a SolBright day pass, but you are totally correct, a season pass connecting the two would be very cool...or maybe even an AltaSolBrightBird pass? However, I'm pretty confident that will never happen...

  9. #134
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Behind the Zion Curtain
    Posts
    3,028
    Whew, Woodsy hit the nail on the head. It was a damn fine day!

    Last thing I remember about last night was seeing the sun come up. I really need to get away from that damn video game. Alas, I felt pretty chipper when my alarm went off at 10. It's amazing what 17 or so beers and less than four hours sleep will do for you.

    The ride up was pretty uneventful, I had gotten up early enough to even get McD's.

    As I poled up to the Eagle lift I spot two people apparently waiting for someone. I say hi and how's it going, they don't really respond much. Oh well, I pass the turnstile and about fall on the snow. Woodsy!!! Damn it was good to see him out on the snow, as many times as I've been to Solitude this season this was my first skiing with him. (This season of course.) Accompanying him were Cantdog and his friend Cameron. We waited a few minutes for MFI and MssBlond, eventually I just started hollering "Nickle!"

    Turns out the two people I had said hello to were indeed MFI and MssBlond. We took a ride up Eagle and headed down Rhapsody. It was decided MFI and MssBlond needed some warm up time, so I headed off after the rest of the crew.

    We lapped the Headwall a few times and met up with Tresckow and the Missus. Boarderline showed up soon after. Like Woodsy has said, the Headwall Forest and Evergreens were a mix of creamy goodness.

    Eventually guilt began to fill my head, I left the group after a quick safety meeting, in search of MFI and MssBlond. My timing couldn't have been better, I spotted them just as I got to the bottom. I took them for a few laps on Eagle, Powderhorn and then headed up to the Summit. I think they had quite a good time, perhaps a little nervous at times, but all in all a good time.

    The day ended with a run down Honeycomb. The lower skiers left traverse is situated perfectly, easily accessing the goods.

    Whew, I'm wore out.

    I did manage to take a couple pictures.

    Woodsy:




    This is why I love Solitude, this picture was taken at 12:30 in the afternoon.




    BobMc
    Last edited by BobMc; 03-28-2004 at 06:32 PM.

  10. #135
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Creekside Deck
    Posts
    335
    Thanks for the report BobMc. I hope to be out closing weekend.

  11. #136
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    at the bottom of the worst air in the USA
    Posts
    1,824
    Originally posted by BobMc
    Woodsy:






    BobMc
    Woodsy thinking-
    "So this is what all those people do here? This is cool!!!"
    Not soliciting business through casual internet associations

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    145
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by BobMc
    [B]Whew, Woodsy hit the nail on the head. It was a damn fine day!

    Last thing I remember about last night was seeing the sun come up. I really need to get away from that damn video game. Alas, I felt pretty chipper when my alarm went off at 10. It's amazing what 17 or so beers and less than four hours sleep will do for you.

    The ride up was pretty uneventful, I had gotten up early enough to even get McD's.

    As I poled up to the Eagle lift I spot two people apparently waiting for someone. I say hi and how's it going, they don't really respond much. Oh well, I pass the turnstile and about fall on the snow. Woodsy!!! Damn it was good to see him out on the snow, as many times as I've been to Solitude this season this was my first skiing with him. (This season of course.) Accompanying him were Cantdog and his friend Cameron. We waited a few minutes for MFI and MssBlond, eventually I just started hollering "Nickle!"

    Turns out the two people I had said hello to were indeed MFI and MssBlond. We took a ride up Eagle and headed down Rhapsody. It was decided MFI and MssBlond needed some warm up time, so I headed off after the rest of the crew.

    We lapped the Headwall a few times and met up with Tresckow and the Missus. Boarderline showed up soon after. Like Woodsy has said, the Headwall Forest and Evergreens were a mix of creamy goodness.

    Eventually guilt began to fill my head, I left the group after a quick safety meeting, in search of MFI and MssBlond. My timing couldn't have been better, I spotted them just as I got to the bottom. I took them for a few laps on Eagle, Powderhorn and then headed up to the Summit. I think they had quite a good time, perhaps a little nervous at times, but all in all a good time.

    The day ended with a run down Honeycomb. The lower skiers left traverse is situated perfectly, easily accessing the goods.

    Whew, I'm wore out.

    I did manage to take a couple pictures.

    Woodsy:




    This is why I love Solitude, this picture was taken at 12:30 in the afternoon.




    BobMc

    MssBlond called last night to tell me what a rippin time they had with you Bob. Yes, she got a little spooked with some of the shit she was looking at She said they had a great time...loved the place and definately recommended it to me and my family if and when we ever get out there. She did mention the pictures you were taking....cant wait to see them

    Kristine
    Snow?

  13. #138
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Fart Louderdale
    Posts
    640
    Originally posted by Lumpy
    Woodsy thinking-
    "So this is what all those people do here? This is cool!!!"
    Looks to me like he's thinking "if I drag my knuckle a little more I can get perfectly perpendicular to the fall line. Aw, I wish I was a snowboarder."

    J-
    Last edited by jayfrizzo; 03-29-2004 at 08:04 AM.

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Babylon
    Posts
    10,176
    d-day------------->so gaping right now!


  15. #140
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Behind the Zion Curtain
    Posts
    3,028
    Well folks, this weekend is it, the end of the season. I'll be up on Sunday, Eagle at 11.

    The real reason for the early thread bump is to get Woodsy to roll on up to marketing and tell them the damn Solitude website is down.

    BobMc

  16. #141
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Babylon
    Posts
    10,176
    we know,
    server is down, prolly til tomorrow.

    I will be on the stix on sun a bit but bailing early to lock down my property & catch a plane to Alberta

  17. #142
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Behind the Zion Curtain
    Posts
    3,028
    Saturday night bump hoping Tresckow updates me on the weather.

    Release, you around? Hoping I'll at least see the Tresckow two and Woodsy.

    BobMc

  18. #143
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Sandy UT
    Posts
    3,412
    I rock at harmonica!!!!!

  19. #144
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Behind the Zion Curtain
    Posts
    3,028
    Originally posted by MacDaddy
    I rock at harmonica!!!!!
    You coming bitch?

    BobMc

  20. #145
    Tresckow Guest
    BobMc,

    It was hammering up near Silverfork on my drive up tonight, but not much up here in the village.

    Couple inches as of 11pm

    Give me a call if your still up

    Ned

  21. #146
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Sandy UT
    Posts
    3,412
    yea bitch i'm there if it snows foot

  22. #147
    Tresckow Guest
    I hear you've been spreading rumors MD

  23. #148
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Sandy UT
    Posts
    3,412
    wow

    did you see how big my font was??

    that was cool


    I bet I have the biggest lung capacity next to tresckow
    for smoker on this board!!!!!!!

    my lungs used blow 7.6 liters I bet i'm stilclose.... I dont smoke tabaco now I just blow.......


    hockey is fun at 12:32am

  24. #149
    Tresckow Guest
    That is all heresay and innuendo. Hey crack a beer and pound one for me, I'll be testing my lung capacity on this end.

  25. #150
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Sandy UT
    Posts
    3,412
    I already craked a few beers tonight if tits not obvious!!!


    Last edited by MacDaddy; 04-18-2004 at 09:37 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •