Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Solisunday?

Tresckow Guest
    Good effort Bob.

Anyone for SoliMonday? I'm thinking about asking for hazard pay for having driven up the canyon tonight. I couldn't see either side of the road, which of course translates into a pow day tomorrow. Get after it, as it should be real good.

So, here we are again, Saturday evening. Time for my weekly Sunday call out.

I talked to MacDaddy and he said it was a bit busy up there today. That aside I'm guessing we'll still be able to find some fresh snow. Anyone who wants to come along is more than welcome.

Tresckow, I'll try to make it to Summit at 10. But, don't wait for me too long. MacDaddy's calling me in the morning, I plan on drinking all night, so I'm at his mercy. As an alternate there is always the standby, Eagle at 11.

Hope to see some others out as well!

BobMc

Bob- We pulled a SoliSaturday today; MacDaddy's right, the mountain was busier than I've ever seen...they were using cats to build parking as more and more cars showed up. The whole front face is tracked out, we found some deep fresh off the summit chair as late as 3:30pm, and with tonight's snow, I'm sure more is filling in.

FYI, Honeycomb was open, took one run through and it was ok, not great, though. The traverse out below Fantasy Ridge was closed and there will be some great stuff once that opens up, that whole side of the canyon is unskied as of now....

I'm working Sunday, so have fun.....

Tresckow Guest

It's on

Kristen and I will be out all day. We will look for you at the bottom of Summit at 10am. You'll see us, trust me.

Man, I wish I was boozing right now. Tuesday eve is my first night off since last weekend, and I'm going to tie one on with abandon. Anyone looking to go big?

BTW, it was all good today. Most everything was open, and when we finally quit a 3pm, every line we had hit was untracked. Fear not, some will be gotten.

Anyone else?

Man, I love skiing with you guys! Another great day at Solitude. Got up there about 10 or so, no hard night of drinking last night. I missed MacDaddy by a few minutes, so I lapped Eagle till 11. Right at 11 Tresckow, Kristen, MacDaddy and MacDaddy's buddy Keets showed up.

We proceeded up Eagle and over to Sunrise. In between Sunrise and the Summit lift we stopped off for a little break, then headed up Summit. After a bit of fun in the Evergreen's and a traverse out to Scree Slope (very creamy) we headed into Honeycomb. The wind and new snow had pretty much erased all of yesterday's tracks. Sinking in over the knees was pretty much the rule of the day.

We even made a run from Powderhorn down to the Summit lift. MacDaddy played tour guide and kept us from getting cliffed out. He found us deep untouched all the way down.

At that point I had to meet up with a friend at my truck. We decided to make one last run through Honeycomb. Just before the final bump field we took the gate to skiers left. A traverse through the trees opened up into thigh deep shots, very nice.

MacDaddy and I decided to call it a day, Kristen and Tresckow carried on without us.

As I said, I love you guys! The Solitude crew skis well together, we all ski the same pace and love the same terrain.

BobMc

T-minus two days. I'll be there Wednesday through Sunday. I'll check in later to see about meeting up.

wow

Tresckow Guest
    Macdaddy and Bob, we will be doing that again soon.
    Actually, I'll be doing that the rest of the week. Bob, see you Thurs. MD, call us when your ready to travel or return those boards. Cheers, today was the tits and It was good to see you all. 'till next time.....

Unhappy

I wanna play...........

Tresckow Guest

Roll Call?

Anyone down, up, here, or there?

MacDaddy, check you voicemail.

Woodsy, it's ok. At xx%, you shouldn't have a problem getting out all week.

BobMc?

Call me in the morning for a report if ya'll are having a tough time getting motivated.

I'll be out there today - hopefully staying warm. It will be a short day for me, having to head in about 1:00. I'll be wearing the usual green mountain hardwear jacket and silver Briko helmet. I'll be hanging out on the Summit lift mostly. Come on out!
    Last edited by release; 01-04-2004 at 07:51 AM.

Hey BobMc, did you make it out on Sunday? It turned out to be a great morning. Plenty of fresh lines still to be found. There is something magical about bundling up and staying toasty warm on a 0 degree sunny morning. Breathing the bitterly cold air with the sun on your face really opens up your lungs and you can almost taste the frigid air.

Cathedral was still plenty deep and soft. I hit it first after scoping it out from the Summit lift. After Cathedral I hiked to Crystal Point for the first time and again found plenty of deep untracked powder. It is a long, easy hike that does not necessarily have any better lines than other areas in Honeycomb, but with the sun shining it was a great day to finally explore this area.

Sunday wrapped up 4 1/2 days of great skiing for me. Thursday, Friday and Saturday were some of the best powder days I can remember. It is amazing to me how much variety Solitude offers for a relatively small resort. The runs may not be the longest, but the steeps are not hard to find and they are long enough for my 43 year old legs.

I'll be back out Jan. 24th - 27th and Feb. 14th - 17th with more dates to follow.

Release, sorry I didn't make it out last weekend. Football interfered with skiing time.

Anyone going to be there tomorrow? Tresckow/Kristen? Woodsy? Chester?

I went to Powder Mountain with a buddy of mine today. We took two runs on lightning ridge. The first time up it took me a while to figure out a good hanging on technique. My hands and arms were killing me by the top. You have to hang on to a rope dragged by a snowcat. The snow was variable, nice powder to be found in the trees off Big Kash. The second run we hit Waterfall, the snow on it sucked, sunbaked two inch crust.

Anyways, I'll try to get to the Summit by 10, if not, Eagle at 11.

BobMc

Alta for me tomorrow. Any chance of you making it over there?

You're not going to miss the Packes/Eagles are you?

Originally posted by Chester

You're not going to miss the Packes/Eagles are you?

Bob? miss the Packers big playoff game?

Me thinks Bob may not be skiing tomorrow, unless he goes early, and well not so sure thats gonna happen

Tresckow Guest
    Were in, see you all at Summit at 10 or eagle at 11. I understand someone has a new pair of longer Explosives to dial in, so should be good times.

Tresckow Guest
    Bump for BobMc, Boarderline, Woodsy, ect... 'cause it's beautiful up here this morning. Get out of the smog and come on up, I'll supply the party favors. That, and I'm ready to punch out and walk out the door. Hope to see ya all out here today.

Originally posted by Tresckow
    . That, and I'm ready to punch out and walk out the door. Hope to see ya all out here today.
    eat me I'm stuck here until 7pm

Originally posted by Tresckow
    Bump for BobMc, Boarderline, Woodsy, ect... 'cause it's beautiful up here this morning. Get out of the smog and come on up, I'll supply the party favors. That, and I'm ready to punch out and walk out the door. Hope to see ya all out here today.
    N,

Once again I'm a complete loser. That damn video game kept me up till 4 AM. Me and my buddy Doug arrived at Eagle at about 11:30. I looked for you and Kristen all day to no avail.

Sure was nice out there, sun shining all day. There was still soft snow to be found here and there. All in all a great day!

Hopefully I'll see you guys next Sunday.

BobMc

at the bottom of the worst air in the USA
    Interferring with skiing? Time to kill the video game Bob.
    Not soliciting business through casual internet associations

Originally posted by Lumpy
    Interferring with skiing? Time to kill the video game Bob.

I concur

Hey Bob are you on? why are you hiding dude?

Tresckow Guest
    BobMc, that figures. We were just getting out of Honeycomb around then and figured it was pointless to go down to Eagle to meet with you when we were the one's who were late.

It was fun out there today, blue and sunny, kinda took the sunny aspects a little while to soften up. The stuff off the top of the ridge above Evergreen was still soft and powder-like. We called it around 2 cause I'm expected to sleep occasionally.

I'll be out mon and most of the week, and if any of you want to meet up here and tour out for some turns, get ahold of us on the phone. I'm net-less during the week. Or get ahold of Woodsy, I understand he might have our number.

Anyone for Blackalicious this friday?

Not much snow lately, but what the hell. I'll be at Eagle at 11. Maybe earlier depending on when MacDaddy calls me.

Hope to see some folks out there tomorrow.

BobMc

Tresckow Guest

7:30 and all's well

Bob or MacDaddy, give me a call up here. I'm out at 8

It's Saturday night and time for the callout. Tresckow, Kristen, MacDaddy, Woodsy, Chester??? Anyone going up tomorrow? I'll be at Eagle at 11.

BobMc