Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FRANKENSTORM!!!!!! (tm) OMG!!

So they say Sandy is about to get a boost from the good Dr. North.

I can still recall the Halloween Storm, later dubbed The Perfect Storm. 12 foot perfect waves at 92nd St in Rockaway. Other spots scored, but most of the NE was in a swampy mess. Reef Road also scored, from what I was told. Who will get some this time. Current projections has me thinking of Ruggles, Green Point and other RI locales.

Media has changed since the 90s, and we now get these things named even before they happen. My guess is this won't happen now. The media has ruined everything.

Anyway, if you wish to speak of FRANKENSTRORM!!!!!!!! (tm) you may do it here.

Obligatory GLOBAL WARMINZ!!!!

DAMN YOU, AL GORE!
    (also witherspoon)

New Jersey needs a bath anyway.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Frankenstorm coinciding with Halloween weekend, Coincidence it is not. Hope my EC friends score

^^^^Um, I think that is how the esteemed media came up with the name. Those folks are pretty sharp.

Where are all the EC posters? Oh yeah, harvesting vegetables, stocking up water, boarding up windows or fixing up those dings so they can get some.

^ or they're all glued to the tv?

Nice Twin storm fronts there .......
    "You damn colonials and your herds of tax write off dressage ponies". PNWBrit

Make eye contact, make eye contact.

do not know how to imbed, but I like the news.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzYhZJq47o8

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Those folks are pretty sharp.
    Those media folks are good, they've probably been saving that storm name for years. The gods just needed to finally deliver the storm as they forecasted it, years in advance using the farmers almanac

And wow, the visual satellites are pretty impressive since I last posted in this thread.

things could be good here by thursday at the earliest and last a coupla days. winds are gonna fuck us anytime before then.

excited? hardly. many better systems lasting longer for better surf have come through this fall. some sand could get moved around which would be nice tho.

actually, next friday looks good: http://www.swellinfo.com/surf-foreca...hampshire.html

till then i chill in anticipation

rog
    Last edited by icelanticskier; 10-26-2012 at 06:56 PM.

I don't think you appreciate the enormity of the situation that is about to unfold. You need to right now turn on the TV and watch the media.

Actually, I know a crew in Maine who are pretty excited about a certain few spots that might go if things set up a certain way. Hope they score.

Dude you didn't know? Rog is hard as fuck!

Rog tugs on Superman's cape
    Rog spits into the wind
    Rog pulls the mask off that old Lone Ranger
    And Rog always messes around with Jim
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

The media will blame Mitt Romney for the storm as a way to keep the less fortunate away from the polls.

I don't think you appreciate the enormity of the situation that is about to unfold. You need to right now turn on the TV and watch the media.

Actually, I know a crew in Maine who are pretty excited about a certain few spots that might go if things set up a certain way. Hope they score.
    i don't watch tv, nor do i vote. i do like waist to overhead surf, light offshore winds, no currents, and light to no crowds, something i get all of the above close to 200 sessions per year. this storm? not too excited. just my deal

rog

And that is why I am so desperately trying to help you here. Turn on that television. You need a little jolt of hysteria.

Wait a second. Are you missing the sarcasm? Do I need an icon like this: Are you sure you are from New England?

And why don;t you vote? Is that all a part of the hard as fuck stuff? Like you're too hard to vote? Or are you just too lazy to participate in your citizenship? Or is part of the cuz it ain't fucking cool club?

So confused here.

Now can we all just get focused back on OMFG!!! Its FRANKENSTORM (tm). Please, focus folks.

Quote Originally Posted by iceclimberx15 View Post
    The media will blame Mitt Romney for the storm as a way to keep the less fortunate away from the polls.
    Dude, please keep it appropriate. That is the kind of talk that must stay in Pollyass. Please see this thread for more information about how to post. Thank you.

This thread is about: FRANKENTSORM (tm). Other appropriate topics would be surf on the east coast, GLOBAL WARMINZ, snow in the Mid Altlantic (but actually please Xpost that here) and I am sure we can work our way up to FULL BLOWN AIDS!!!!

Thank you, please return to hoping for mayham and destruction so we can have a profitable news cycle.

And that is why I am so desperately trying to help you here. Turn on that television. You need a little jolt of hysteria.

Wait a second. Are you missing the sarcasm? Do I need an icon like this: Are you sure you are from New England?

And why don;t you vote? Is that all a part of the hard as fuck stuff? Like you're too hard to vote? Or are you just too lazy to participate in your citizenship? Or is part of the cuz it ain't fucking cool club?

So confused here.

Now can we all just get focused back on OMFG!!! Its FRANKENSTORM (tm). Please, focus folks.
    new england all the way!

why vote if it's all rigged anyway? scam is all the shit is.

now lets see some sand get moved around!!!

rog

Actually Frankenstorm was coined a few days ago by a NOAA forecaster in his morning discussion and everybody ran with it from there.

Caption this:

It must be great being so naive. Seriously, the super secret group of media conspiracy Masons have found the ark, and, and, they came up with this name years ago, kept it under wraps, an then made it look like some weather nerd spontaneously came up with it during morning coffee talk.

Wake the fuck up America!!! There is no difference between the choices. Whether it is FRANKENSTORM!!!! (tm) or Sandy, shuts gonna get fucked.

And seriously rog, I the hell do you know it's rigged if you don't watch TV. How do you know anything. That I where the knowledge I provided. Plug in unless, of course, yes, I get it, your one of those guys running the whole thing! The pieces all fall into place.

Fuck, surf is crap this morning. Time to get some eggs.

^^^^

rog

NECN just showed some surfers in Hampton, NH. Any mags out there?

Ottime -
    Does the group in Maine have a guy named Jeff B.? I know his wife.

Given the diversity of the Maine coast, I have no doubts there will be somewhere scary during this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by snowmonster View Post
    NECN just showed some surfers in Hampton, NH. Any mags out there?
    Depends if you call rog a mag. He is on his couch typing away until Friday, cause the surf website says there won't be good surf until then.

South Beach got some surf. I think jayfrizzo is down in them parts. I don't know, though, Florida is a big state.

In another note, please do your thing Sandy, cause we can't get snow until you get done.