Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I discovered thirteen years ago that I had a teenaged daughter. Man, when I found out, I shit, pissed, and had a heart attack at the same time. It took a few years, but everything turned out all right.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    You never know, sometimes leaving well enough alone is the right move. I have an adopted niece that found her birth parents who gave her up for adoption when they were in college. They later married and had three other children. He was an executive, her a school teacher so she not only found her parents but three siblings. She lived in Chicago, they lived in Richmond VA. She made contact, flew out to meet them and found out they wanted nothing to do with her. Unfortunately my niece suffers from insecurity and this did some damage.

Seems like they could have told her that when they first made contact instead of after she flew there to meet them. That's some cold-blooded shit.

You never know, sometimes leaving well enough alone is the right move. I have an adopted niece that found her birth parents who gave her up for adoption when they were in college. They later married and had three other children. He was an executive, her a school teacher so she not only found her parents but three siblings. She lived in Chicago, they lived in Richmond VA. She made contact, flew out to meet them and found out they wanted nothing to do with her. Unfortunately my niece suffers from insecurity and this did some damage.
    When I saw this was an old thread, I started at the OP and read forward. You actually posted this same story earlier in the thread, so you are at least consistent.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    I don't know either of my biologic parents. I do know that they are in Colombia and are upper middle class....potentially politically connected (based on the last name alone).

My bio mom reached out to me about 10 years ago. Pretty sure she was fucked up on booze/drugs and the family had cut her off. She didn't have any contact with me for almost 30 years then hit me up for money. Fucked. Zero clue about my bio dad.

In my opinion they are just random people who exited my life at birth essentially. No desire to meet them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    When I saw this was an old thread, I started at the OP and read forward. You actually posted this same story earlier in the thread, so you are at least consistent.
    Not totally consistent. The first time it was 4 siblings and then the second time it changed to 3.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Bit random isn't it?

Good luck. The Lord loves a working man, don’t trust whitey, see a doctor and get rid of it.
    Cat juggling.

Forget him. I wish I had ended it with my Dad in college. He basically lived two lives and booted my Mom and I out when i was 15. Taking care of her the last two weeks she’s only now telling me some of the fucked up stuff.

When I got out of college and started doing well he took me on some trips and my brother refused because he knew the truth. I Wish i said no.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    I discovered thirteen years ago that I had a teenaged daughter. Man, when I found out, I shit, pissed, and had a heart attack at the same time. It took a few years, but everything turned out all right.
    I often expect to find out the same thing one of these days! I'm glad things are working out with it!!

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Yeah shaggy at least you know it's over, just keep on moving man.
    Yeap I just keep on keeping on!

Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    Not totally consistent. The first time it was 4 siblings and then the second time it changed to 3.
    I don't remember if it was three or four, it was 1995, 96. I had some minimal contact with her father (birth) as we worked for the same corp, him in Richmond, me in WI. He seemed to be an ok guy but when we talked about it in hindsight he acted rather shall I say uninspired. He did have money as he was a VP, me a peon.

Some pretty heavy stuff in this thread. Take care guys.

Interesting timing on the bump. My dad sat me down the other day and told me I had a 57 year old half sister he had just barely found out about. She found him through Ancestry.com via one of his cousins who is mormon and really into that stuff. She provided this lady, without consulting my dad, with my dad's email address. Until she contacted him, he had no idea she existed. Sounds like she lived a good life with a mom who cared about her, but had five kids with five dudes. Probably why she didn't say anything to my dad when she found out she was pregnant, didn't know who the father was. This lady is reaching out via facebood and some of my aunts and cousins are connecting with her. My brother and I are so far lukewarm about the whole situation. She seems normal enough, just not sure I need any drama in my life. This pregnancy happened right before my dad met my mom, so no cheating issues with it (not this event anyway). Parents are divorced and still attend family gatherings together, and I can tell my mom isn't too keen on this lady being around, and even though it doesn't really have much to do with her, I get it.
    Not sure this fits here, but here as good as any. When my 79 year old dad told me he was coming over with some news, this wasn't anywhere near what I thought he was going to say. At least he doesn't have cancer-that's what I though he was going to tell me.

well I hope you decide to do whats best for you.. It might be worth getting to know her and she if she turns out to be too much drama you can just cut ties with her. Hows your dad handling it?

Yeah, I'm going to ease into it for sure. The rest of my family (aunts and cousins from my dad's side) are throwing her a goddamned party at my aunt's house. I have to work so no pressure to go, I'll probably meet her while she's in town. Probably the least I can do since she took the time to come out here. She better not try to sneak in on the inheritance, not sure how you divide $400 and a 2004 BMW convertible three ways instead of two. haha

I talked to an ex-gf recently, and she just found her father via a DNA test that put her in touch with an aunt. She's 37 and literally knew nothing but a name that her mom had given her at 18. This woman was a pink-clad, chihuahua-owning, sorority president, Elle Woods-lite. Most of our clashes were over her belief in prescriptive social normalcy and my much more libertarian love of weirdness. Turns out that her dad is a biker. It completely made made my day.

It actually makes me really happy in general. He seems like a good guy and was really surprised to learn at ~65 that he was both a father and grandfather. They both seem really excited to get to know each other.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    I talked to an ex-gf recently, and she just found her father via a DNA test that put her in touch with an aunt. She's 37 and literally knew nothing but a name that her mom had given her at 18. This woman was a pink-clad, chihuahua-owning, sorority president, Elle Woods-lite. Most of our clashes were over her belief in prescriptive social normalcy and my much more libertarian love of weirdness. Turns out that her dad is a biker. It completely made made my day.

It actually makes me really happy in general. He seems like a good guy and was really surprised to learn at ~65 that he was both a father and grandfather. They both seem really excited to get to know each other.
    A patch wearing 1%er, a weekend poseur biker, or just someone who likes to ride a bike?

When my mom was dying, she and my dad did the DNA thing.

I was interested, mostly in the heritage stuff but they were super secretive about it and it makes me wonder about potential siblings I might have, and I'm tempted to do it to see.

Seems like with healthy boundries you would just treat it like a new friendship, and let it develope however it does.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    A patch wearing 1%er, a weekend poseur biker, or just someone who likes to ride a bike?
    Maybe a hell's angel?!?

This is why I am always pre-disposed to wearing a connie. I love my GF, but the fear of popping one in the oven is enough to scare the Jesus in us both.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Don't know exactly. But he's got a shaved head, bit goatee, tattoo covered arms and as far as I can tell is one of the organizers of motorcycle events. So very much engaged with the biker lifestyle even if not a 1%.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    Don't know exactly. But he's got a shaved head, bit goatee, tattoo covered arms and as far as I can tell is one of the organizers of motorcycle events. So very much engaged with the biker lifestyle even if not a 1%.
    These guys helped my brother out with a fund raising crawfish boil to help cover his medical and living expenses (cancer). They look pretty much like Banditos or Angels, but happen to be really nice guys.
    https://m.facebook.com/warriorsb4c/