Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11
    one time at band camp I saw nobis kick Tanner Hall in the nuts
    Or was it Darren Rahlves?
    Last edited by Shin-to-Win; 02-17-2005 at 04:23 PM.
    "Don't tease me about my hobbies, I don't tease you about being an asshole"

Quote Originally Posted by hev
    I disagree. I think there is a valid ethical debate about selling gear that your sponsors hooked you up with.

My personal opinion is that you should not sell gear that your sponsor gave you for free at a reduced price. If you do so you are cutting directly into your sponsor's business and they're the folks who are backing you to do what you love. Think about this way, if splat spanosred MD9 with a pair of bros for free, and then MD9 came on here to sell his bros for cheap, he'd be outcast.
    The skis aren't "free". They're part of his compensation. Just as the skis MD9 received were payment for the fine work he did. I wouldn't hold it against him at all if he decided to sell them here.

Or to me directly.

For, say, $150.

My personal opinion is that you should not sell gear that your sponsor gave you for free at a reduced price. If you do so you are cutting directly into your sponsor's business and they're the folks who are backing you to do what you love.
    On the other hand that may be one way for a spancer to kinda pay you more than they can in cash; knowing that you'll be selling off surplus gear if you're lucky enough not to break it all and stuff. Also to a certain extent pro's selling cheap/good stuff to certain people (trickle-down spancership of sorts) might, if done properly, actually help boost the brands image among hardcore skiers. It is my belief that most spancering brands know perfectly well that not all spancered skis are broken on shoots and then tossed.

That said I think the thread should be in Gear Swap and that the seller should have spent just the five minutes it'd take to realize that.
    self unemployed?

im with telepath.. but i do have an objection to non-sponsored athletes/groupies/etc. selling stuff they were given as gifts/or whatever on the board or otherwise. If someone does you a favor, you shouldnt turn around and sell it. that said, who am i to tell someone else to stop being a dick. maybe the companies dont care?

Whatta thread. You guys rock.

One thing to keep in mind about guys like Kreitler or Moles or alot of the other superskiers is that they DO NOT get paid humungous sums of money by their spancers (yes, I know exactlt how much- no, I won't tell). For all the balls lines these guys ski and injuries they sustain, not to mention the risks they take (comparable to Earnhards or Pettys), they don't make SHIT.
    And that is a pity and a shame.

So, no matter what your take is on selling their gear, IMHO, they deserve to make whatever they can however they can because they train their asses off year round to do some of the coolest shit I'll ever drool over. And even though they do it for themselves, sometimes I feel like they're doing it for me to live vicariously in their boots for one steep ass deep powder huck line somewhere on the white planet.

FREESKI ATHLETES GET LITTLE RESPECT FROM THEIR SPANCERS OR NONE FROM THE USA IN GENERAL - BUT THEY SURE AS HELL HAVE MINE!

edit: forgot about top racers, freestylers, etc.

I'd agree that the trickle down sponsership idea is an acceptable way to make a few bucks and still promote your sponsor, but I don't think that's what going on here. I have done this before and the sponsored athlete was very adiment abuot me not telling anyone where I got the gear. Besides this is the internet, and Kent is going to sell the skis to the highest bidder, not a bro that he knows NEEDS them. The fact that skis aren't publicy available is only justification for what I think is kind of a shady process. Kent should be encouraging rossignol to put the ski in their line up if he thinks it is suitable for the public.

The fact that Rossignol probably doesn't pay Kent much cash is a more vaild point, and a probably poor judegment on Ross's part. Kent is a true rock star in our sport and really should not be needing to sell gear to make a buck.

What started as a cool thread, has completely gone gat.
    HI THERE!

My apologies if I gatted your cool, slim.

Quote Originally Posted by splat
    My apologies if I gatted your cool, slim.
    It wasn't your fault. I'm in agreement with you. You can gat my cool anytime.
    HI THERE!

Quote Originally Posted by Shin-to-Win
    Or was it Darren Rahlves?
    actually it was the bishop from caddy shack
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Kent should be encouraging rossignol to put the ski in their line up if he thinks it is suitable for the public.
    For all I know maybe he did. At least someone told (and someone else finally listened) which results in the Squad 91 coming out now; closer to the B4 than anything Rossi released uptill now.
    self unemployed?

words
    I'm quite certain that K posted these skis for sale on the Teton Gravity Research and BigLines.com websites knowing that there is no way Rossi would ever find out, because if they did, hooboy! He would be in serious trouble.

Actually, I'm not, because that's retarded.

He's a big boy and he can police his own actions and decide how, where and for how much to sell the gear that he gets as compensation for representing Rossi.

Let's not treat him like he's some 19 year old douchebag abusing his shop's proform program.

Do the chickens have large talons?
    Last edited by stump832; 02-17-2005 at 05:33 PM.

Angry

Last time I checked we weren't chained up in some Soviet Gulag camp or working hard with a gun on our backs for a bowl of rice a day.

Viva Capitalism. Supply & Demand. Free markets for all. If anyone, rock star or not, has something to sell to meet the demand, then power to them.

Not interested in the goods? Then don't buy it!

All you fucking whiners can FUCKING SHUT THE FUCKING FUCK UP!

How much for the birds? Are they twin beaked?
    "Don't tease me about my hobbies, I don't tease you about being an asshole"

Quote Originally Posted by Shin-to-Win
    How much for the birds? Are they twin beaked?
    Once we're through with the heat-gun they will be.

How can Kent not chime back in here, knowing that Bad Roo wants to smell his arm pit?
    If it weren't for serendipity, there'd be no dipity at all

Splat, can you get Micah Blacks number for me?
    Avoid employing unlucky people - throw half of the pile of resume's in the bin without reading them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ski Beaver
    Splat, can you get Micah Blacks number for me?
    No , but somebody wanted me to get his 187 B3s.

...that's still on my 'to do' list.

Last edited by Ski Beaver; 02-17-2005 at 05:49 PM.
    Avoid employing unlucky people - throw half of the pile of resume's in the bin without reading them.

Funniest skis I ever sold.

Quote Originally Posted by stump832
    I don't understand a word you just said, boy.

Quote Originally Posted by stump832
    No, but the gyrfalcon/falraffe does.

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

WTF is wrong with you people? Offering up an extremely rare, highly coveted ski in essentially mint condition for $450 is not spam, its the hookup of the century.

As for the ethics of reselling sponsor gear, Rossi knows he blew his knee out and that the skis were never used, but they gave him a new pair anyway. Something tells me they know he's not going to make a coffee table with them.
    Last edited by Dantheman; 02-18-2005 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11
    if i were kreitler, i would have more respect for guys who give a good natured ribbing, rather than a bunch of star struck ninnies licking his ass.
    In what category would you put the eight posters who felt compelled to JONG him after VTSkibum had done so already?