Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by dipstik
    Fact is, if your forward pressure is set correctly, your bindings and boots are clear of snow before you click in, your boot soles aren't torn to shit, and your DIN is set to accomodate the terrain you will be skiing, there should be no problems.
    Do you want to repeat that while I am beating you with the cast on my broken arm - caused by the low-speed pre-release of a binding whose condition and settings were checked in a shop the previous day and which was used w/ new boots? Would that help you realise that you are wrong and binding malfunction does occur - repeatedly in the case of certain models? Just because it has not happened to you does not mean that it is bullshit on everyone else's part.

For anyone of the persuasion that some bindings do have pre-release problems I recommend avoiding Tyrolia FreeFlex D8 bindings.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletizer
    For anyone of the persuasion that some bindings do have pre-release problems I recommend avoiding Tyrolia FreeFlex D8 bindings.
    FWIW I had two prereleases in two days in La Grave on my FreeFlex D10s but this had more to do with the fact that my boot sole length seemd to fall midway between two rather coarse adjustment gradations and there seemed no way of adjusting the toes of the binding at all.

Or I could just be a binding retard.

Almost all the racers on my team run Markers, some of whom consistently have pre-release issues on the race course, despite running their DIN 1-2+ the shop setting. I took a single free-run on them, set to 10.5(I weigh 140lbs) and pre-released popping off a small roller.

I have Looks on my skis, and can run them at 6 and not pre-release at all. I simply choose to run them at 8 and still feel safe. BTW, my boot soles are clean and reasonably new. Markers suck ass, go with Look/Rossi.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster
    Almost all the racers on my team run Markers, some of whom consistently have pre-release issues on the race course, despite running their DIN 1-2+ the shop setting. I took a single free-run on them, set to 10.5(I weigh 140lbs) and pre-released popping off a small roller.

I have Looks on my skis, and can run them at 6 and not pre-release at all. I simply choose to run them at 8 and still feel safe. BTW, my boot soles are clean and reasonably new. Markers suck ass, go with Look/Rossi.
    Get your hair cut.

Quote Originally Posted by bad_roo
    FWIW I had two prereleases in two days in La Grave on my FreeFlex D10s but this had more to do with the fact that my boot sole length seemd to fall midway between two rather coarse adjustment gradations and there seemed no way of adjusting the toes of the binding at all.

Or I could just be a binding retard.
    Pull your goggles down from your helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by Upstate Steve
    Why buy 'em when I already got 'em.

And faggot is so 90's.
    Exactly,
    These days, the more politically correct word for these lovely rear-entry boots is:

"Rock Hudson's"

Even with Markers on them, these skis did not suck!! Thanks for the demo yesterday mr stormday

For the record, no pre-releases . . .further evidence that I'm a total pussy on skis.
    "Don't tease me about my hobbies, I don't tease you about being an asshole"

Quote Originally Posted by Shin-to-Win
    ...further evidence that I'm a total pussy on skis.
    I'm going to go ahead and agree with your statement here. I think the first thought I had when I saw you at Gordy's camp was something to the tune of, "damn, this guy sucks... He must be from Minnesota or something." It got even worse when you started complaining about your goggles "fogging" up and giving you problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletizer
    Would that help you realise that you are wrong and binding malfunction does occur - repeatedly in the case of certain models? Just because it has not happened to you does not mean that it is bullshit on everyone else's part.
    I'm not saying I don't believe in binding malfunction, there probably are a number of marker bindings that have mechanical problems, but there are probably the same amount of look, rossi, salomon, and atomic bindings with the same issues. The same logic goes for you too...just because you've had a problem with them is not reason to say that they all suck.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster
    How is this an even remotely accurate test? I'd have a hard time believing that you went out and bought a pair of markers for your skis, took one run, pre-released, and then returned them. This is what I think happend: you wanted to take a free run on one of your friends skis, so you either just clicked into them without adjusting the forward pressure and skied off, or did a poor job adjusting the forward pressure, and on the way down popped out. There would have to be a major issue with the binding if a 140lb guy is popping out at nearly double his reccomended DIN.

Until I see hard evidence that says Markers pre-release and cause more injuries than any other binding, I won't look at them any differently.

I'm not saying you shouldn't use Markers, I'm just saying I disliked them and would avoid them at all costs. The binders were on skis that belonged to a friend of mine, they had been mounted professionally and tested in a shop 3 ski days earlier. We both wear Lange Comp 120's with a 317mm boot sole length. Something was wrong with them(the binders).

I'll stick to Looks for now, but I say to everyone, go with what works for you.

Oh, and BTW, I have an almost identical story about Atomic binders.

Quote Originally Posted by Shin-to-Win
    Even with Markers on them, these skis did not suck!! Thanks for the demo yesterday mr stormday
    too bad you couldn't stick around and ski the pow today. 10" reported at Alpine. Lots of fun in the trees.

Lets bump this back up, cuz these skis DEFINITELY DO NOT SUCK! Perfect for yesterdays bluebird pow day at Snowbird. They have found a nice loving home here in the beehive state.... Full report on the skis to come later. Got to work so can ski more pow tomm
    "I dont hike.... my legs are too heavy"

Prof,

Glad to see that you are happy w/ them. Sounds like they will get a little more love in your quiver.

I might be taking out their replacements, 194 LPs, this weekend if we get a little more snow.

stormday

ps Had a little seller's remorse and did some shopping.

Yeah they may get TOO much love. I dont see myself skiing my M103s much anymore. The Rossis are just way easier to ski and float better. Did you find some LPs with the 97mm waist? I think those would be a riot. Anyway, guess I will have then Rossis back out tomm since Little Cottonwood is getting hammered

Yes, the LPs are 194cm 97mm waist ones.

There will be a few coin toss days between the LPs and my new Mantra(184).

Good to hear you got the "good" LPs. Pretty hard to find right now in a 194 too. But I am already shopping for another pair of the Team B3s. I am really not sure there is a ski that can replace them and that is after only one REAL day on them. "Yes" I like them that much. Must go home and work more now since it "appears" to be snowing in the Wasatch