Page 30 of 69 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    I know. That's why I'd love to see you come up for a day and have some simple fun. Quick drive free tickets and a friend to ski with.

Speaking of friends...
    right now we got Vets in the house!

And today at DR we pulled the gear box out and hoping to get Chair 8 rolling again soon.

I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Central California

CALTRANS BEGINS CLEARING THE SIERRA PASSES

Stockton — The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) has launched its spring clearing of State Route 108 (SR-108) over Sonora Pass and SR-89 over Monitor Pass, as maintenance crews will be kept busy removing snow, clearing debris, inspecting the roadway and making the appropriate improvements to ensure the public’s safety.

The Department intends to open the closure gates at Eagle Meadows and Kennedy Meadows after reaching those points on SR-108. Caltrans will announce each gate opening as it occurs.

Caltrans’ goal is to open Sonora Pass to Kennedy Meadows Road in time for the beginning of trout season, Saturday, April 29, 2017.

Caltrans asks that no pedestrians, bicyclists or other vehicles go beyond the closure gates while maintenance crews are conducting snow removal/clearing operations. Safety is our priority, for the public as well as Caltrans’ workers.

To see how Caltrans clears the three mountain passes it maintains in District 10 – Sonora, Monitor and Ebbets/SR-4 (Calaveras County) – check out this video on “Clearing Mountain Passes for Spring Travel” at goo.gl/x8vlP5.

Caltrans is scheduled to begin clearing Ebbets Pass later this month. Tioga Pass/SR-120, which is in Yosemite National Park, is maintained by the National Park Service.

Work is subject to change due to traffic incidents, weather, and availability of equipment and/ or materials. For the latest conditions, call our Road Condition Hotline at 1-800-427-ROAD (7623)

Winter weather and road conditions can change rapidly. Motorists should expect the worst conditions and be prepared when traveling in areas subject to hazardous conditions. All vehicles, including those with four-wheel drive or snow tires, should carry chains when traveling.

https://youtu.be/x6AqlGSL_n4

Central California

I still have one or two or six more free vouchers to bluegroomerland available. Closing 4-16. Pond Skim Saturday. Egg Hunt Sunday - Golden Egg is a free season pass.
    Last edited by ~mikey b; 04-13-2017 at 06:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    I still have one or two or six more free vouchers to bluegroomerland available. Closing 4-13. Pond Skim Saturday. Egg Hunt Sunday - Golden Egg is a free season pass.
    Thanks Mike. I had a fun time playing in the trees off of Prospector.
    I just couldn't talk myself into a memorial ride up the rope tow... I destroyed so many gloves on those ropes in 1969.

I believe you meant the 16th?

Keep the small areas alive.

Yes April 16

Shit, closing Sunday? I'm going to have to try for tomorrow...

It's been dumping since daybreak. Tomorrow will be good. I'm off but I'll be up on the hill out and about. I'll leave a voucher in patrol office for you.

Maybe next year, Mike; this season just flew by.

We did Bear on Monday. I was blown away at how Grizzly Bowl is still utterly blanketed in snow. Sierra@ on Tuesday fun too.

Now I'm sitting around in Truckee while the kid skis fresh stuff with my wife. My lower back is tweaked (from rain gutter repairs, but skiing the past 3 days aggravated it), so I'm going to sit out today and tomorrow in hopes that my back will be ready for the East Side late next week.

We'll see you up on the Pass Bob. I'm headed out to do a multi day snow survey for Hetch Hetchy last week in April.

Awesome. Think I'll do it. Beats painting baseboards...

It's going to be a good day. I'll take you places.

Today was excellent. A foot of fresh and nobody around. Got to ski with GiBo out in YetiLand. Nice to have such phat conditions to show him around.

Closing time at DR looked like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    Today was excellent. A foot of fresh and nobody around. Got to ski with GiBo out in YetiLand. Nice to have such phat conditions to show him around.
    It was a great day. Thanks for showing me the DR side country, Mike! Really cool to finally make turns with you.

Yeti was found.

Fresh shin deep was found.

The last 3pm-sun-baked-mashed-potatoes-run to the truck.

FKNA!
    Buttoned up bluegroomerland Monday. Strange to not be in ski boots last couple of days but I've got the Whites on. OB and I and his friends young Madeline and Old Man Marty will be at BV for closing weekend. Free skiing Saturday. Slush Cup race Sunday.

Wait, what? BV is free this Saturday? That is fkna cool

Central California

No
    Freeskiing
    As opposed to racing and/or training....

I could probably get you a free ticket though

BV just announced plans for a new detachable 6er to replace the Bear chair next season.

Is the Bear chair the front side lift? Does it really need that capacity? I've been to Bear once this decade, and mostly on Grizzly, but I don't recall the front top being much of a place to lap. Maybe with a high speed no lift line that area would be fun, but it can't be much more than 500' of vert.

BTW, thanks for that offer. We had plans with friends at Heavenly, which worked out much better than I anticipated.

A fast sixer could be more than what's needed, but Bear/Kuma does serve a fair amount of terrain; it's Bear's main front-side lift (particularly when Griz isn't running early to mid-season).

Have also heard that the mechanicals of the old triple will be moved over to Koala.

Hi I am roadtripping from Canada visiting through Bridgeport and Bishop or looking to find any cool places really, does anyone want a ski mountaineering partner? I am visiting next weekend.

fun cold slop out by BV today
    chilly blustery weather

The FS says Spicer Road sustained heavy damage last winter and will be closed until Dec 31, 2018.

Headed up to tour out of BV with Krystal and Owen tomorrow