Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    BV was excellent today. A new foot of very light snow on a deep base. Snowed all day, but almost no wind with excellent visibility. And nobody was there, didn't wait at the lifts all day. Didn't see the sun at all and I think the high was 24, so should still be some good snow off piste. They should have time to groom things up if thats of any interest. Taking relatives to the airport tomorrow, so give us a TR if you go up. Enjoy.

word is that SAC Facebook mentions an avalanche incident at Dodge Ridge. I am a patroller at Dodge Ridge and I can say that unless there was a SAR that we were never informed about, there has not been an avalanche incident at Dodge Ridge.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyadolescent View Post
    BV was excellent today. A new foot of very light snow on a deep base. Snowed all day, but almost no wind with excellent visibility. And nobody was there, didn't wait at the lifts all day. Didn't see the sun at all and I think the high was 24, so should still be some good snow off piste. They should have time to groom things up if thats of any interest. Taking relatives to the airport tomorrow, so give us a TR if you go up. Enjoy.
    thanks for the update. hoping for things to clear a little and minimal lines. only been there once, and get to 'entertain' a local there for work.......so hopefully he can show me the goods. any word on Grizzly opening? the site said its not scheduled, and im not optimistic considering the unfortunate incidents around the lake.

Grizzley opening does not seem imminent. There's a decided lack of optimism about it anytime soon.
    There appears to be a good amount of snow down there.

It takes more snow than you might think down there. They need to be able get the road in so cats can get in and out, as that it the way they bring folks out if lift stop turning.

Patrol has not been down in there yet, but will start working down there very soon. They'll be digging pits on various aspects and elevations to get a good idea of what's going on with the snow before they start blasting their way down. They are cautiously optimistic about getting it open soon. They want it open just as bad as all of you do. Be patient.

you guys should be looking at BV's webpage - ski patrol does a daily weather and info vid - the one from yesterday might interest you...

BV GM blog

Category Archives: GM’s Blog
    ← Older posts
    The Lower Mountain is Happening

The ski patrol has been performing their due diligence on the lower mtn for the past couple of days. Things are shaping up nicely, some minor activity here and there, but with at least 3 avalanche related fatalities in the state, we are taking every precaution including using time to our advantage.

That being said, the lower mtn will be officially open on Sunday, however if you happen to be around the top of Griz on Saturday afternoon you just may be in for a treat as we are considering a “soft opening” sometime after noon on Saturday the 29th!!

It is still fairly boney at the bottom and there are no shortage of stumps rocks willow and free flowing streams – sooooo please be careful and don’t forget to ski with a partner/buddy/friend.

Last but not least – the village side should be open (no longer soft boundary) on Monday & there might even be a groomed trail on Saturday or Sunday.

We are off to at great start to the season, yes we have had some hiccups along way, but all in all its appears to be an awesome start to the season. Cheers – GM

and Dodge has been wonderful - I had a couple days off with a sick kid - but came back with still quite a bit of good untracked snow to ski if you know where you are looking - look me up if you want a tour

sounds like BV opened a bit today...

as Mattly says, if you have any questions, ask a patroller

GiBo

I will be skiing and/or working Jan 456
    Last edited by ~mikey b; 12-31-2012 at 12:41 AM.

Finally made it to Bear Valley- to ski this time. Nice little mountain. With respect to vibe, reminded me a little of Ski Bowl (Mt. Hood) and Mt. Baldy (SoCal). This was my first day skiing in over four (4) years, so I mainly stuck to the groomers and kinda played around a little. Bought a 1/2 day pass from a totally hot, blond mountain girl-type (Wouldn't mind going all-mountain with her). Snow was still nice in the trees, although schralped a bit. They've got a solid base, so, hopefully, a few more storms come this way. Not at all crowded, but still had to take avasive action a couple of times from gapers and out of control jibby-kids. Afterwards, food and beer at Snowshoe Brewpub.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Viva

I didn't know you were out of the game so long. Did you get hurt or something?

Come visit us at DR if you want some fun mellow groomerage. I might be able to hook you up.

Dodge Ridge tomorrow for the first time in a decade.. Stoked Love the CC love on TGR.

6" new yesterday!

Skiing should be excellent today.

Mike, I'll be up Friday. You working?

Not working, but likely skiing a bit in the morning. Gone Sat-Mon.

Great couple of days at DR. Spring snow, no crowds, mellow vibe. Requires a little creativity to get rad but totally worth it and you'll have the whole place to yourself. Get after it if you're close by. Jackpot still had some nice turns left at last run from day before yesterday, this place holds snow for days.

Surprised by how good the coverage was, I hit way more rocks at Big Sky last week. Love the little hits all over the place, too. Super fun little mountain.

Next time swing by top patrol shack and ask for me. Always into rolling with a maggot.

Sweet! Thanks, will do. Think I might I come through on Thursday or Friday during/after this little dusting.. looks like we're in for the annual thaw after this one, maybe a trace on Sunday. Good thing temps will be really low. I read the survey from Yosemite before the last little system is 134% of normal, so hopefully it'll still stay good out there.

Something possibly brewing at the end of January.. But I don't want to spook it.

Tonight's forecast looks good for tomorrow. But as you know, we'll be holding snow into the weekend.

Mike, you get out today? Is it staying soft? I imagine the low temps are helping...

today was amazing

have funz tomorrow

DR was stellar yesterday. Tbar all day. Fresh boot deep lines in the shots all day!

^^^

and it's still good...

snow holding up quite well for how long we've gone w/o a storm

We got Owen out on his new tele gear yesterday!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1358776252.650136.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	283.2 KB 
ID:	130916