Page 48 of 69 FirstFirst ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1706
    we fly patients up from the back side on the platform
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Cool. Thanks!

yeah no worries

this is what BV is saying today

//////\\\\\\

———-

A MESSAGE TO OUR GUESTS:

The comfort, safety, and enjoyment of this beautiful part of the world is our number one priority for our guests, not only in times of concern like this with the Covid19 virus, but always.

During this time of heightened concern, at Bear Valley we are:

Increasing the frequency of disinfecting in all of our common spaces.

Increasing access to hand sanitizers in all locations.

Implementing a communication strategy to ensure everyone is reminded of taking these precautions themselves.

Continuing to communicate with our employees and guests as new information becomes available or as new
    requirements become necessary.

If any of our employees are not feeling well they are asked to stay home and, if experiencing flu-like symptoms, would be advised to contact their doctor or public health facility by calling ahead.

Our team places the utmost importance on caring for our guests and this only better prepares us in times of concern like this. We are committed to providing you with a healthy, comfortable, and safe place to play in the mountains.

See you Monday.

great

and GiBo Tuesday

the storm skiing was fun today - I had a day off but tomorrow and Monday and Tuesday we will be booming early

The last runs of the day today were the best, completely refilled and no icy bottom. I feel like it’s Christmas Eve, can’t wait to wake up tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Is BV staying open Mike? Tahoe just shit down.

so far yes

Diamond Peak, Homewood still open too

I may have to daytrip to BV this week, seeing as how Tahoe shut down (as I mentioned in the Tahoe topic, Homewood, if they stay open, is going to be too crowded to be worth it, what with all the North Tahoe based powder seekers, and worse yet, Ellis chair, which serves up Homewood's best goods, has been closed for the season due to maintenance issues). Thanks for the updates, Mike.

Bear Valley announces Closed 3/15 to 3/19.

See you Friday, instead.

Killer day today, if you have to go suddenly have a last day of the year for lift served access this was a pretty good one. See you in the skin track

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I’ll be touring this week for sure.

We set a nice skintrack up bloods ridge today, HMU if you want to get some turns. Prob be in the village tues/wed

will do

Was tempted to go up to Dodge today. Still can't figure out why they're opening (other than the obvious- $$$). The website says, "We will have a limit on lift tickets, available until we reach our visit capacity. Once we have reached our visit capacity, we will be turning guests away." Not sure I wanted to drive up just to get turned away.

Central California

they’re doing it to provide great skiing

it would be easier to stay closed -they’ll actually lose $ today

I would think this will go a long way with building credibility among pass holders

China Peak says they’ll open this weekend

Badger Pass is closed

Bear Valley is closed through Thu and will reassess after that

the mountain does not allow uphill travel even on days we are not open

some thoughts from BV ski patrol director Mattly Trent

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

❄️❄️❄️

So...................
    I just wanted to throw this out there and I'm sure it will jam a few people up but it is what it is.
    People have been asking me if they can tour this week up at the resort. Follows is a few reasons why it's not possible.

1st: Despite the closure this week through Thursday we still are technically open under our use permit. So our no uphill travel policy is still in effect. Once we truly close for the season that ability is open to all to tour.
    2nd: 69" of new snow fall in the last 4 days coupled with high winds makes for some serious avalanche conditions. No control work has been done since Sunday 7am and since closing Sunday 4pm we have received 31" of new snow, winds in the 30's( high snow transportation/redistribution factor going on there and the current status of BC conditions is still a 3/Considerable.) The lower mtn has had no control work for this whole cycle so that's 69" of BC style conditions down there and absolutely similar to any BC area outside of our Boundary.

Lastly I will add in that if you feel the need to go touring today or in the next handful of days I suggest that because of the copious amounts of new snowfall that you all consider the real possibility of your own experience with dealing with Avalanche burials and your tribes experience with route selection, avalanche terrain experience, beacon use and avalanche rescue. All of which everyone should be versed in before heading out. Now having said that, I know folks are jonesing hard to ski/ride but please take precautions, check the daily avalanche forecasts and use sound judgement.
    Ask yourselves, can I or my touring partners manage an avalanche rescue with such deep conditions, cipher where and where not to go safely or are you just casting those elements aside to get your pow fix in.
    I am available to anyone who wants who wants to reach out and have any questions answered regarding conditions, options and general questions about safe travel habits.

Again, it's a bummer no touring at the resort currently but I believe most will understand where we are coming from from an operators standpoint.
    Feel free to inquire.
    stay safe everyone
    Peace Out
    Mattly

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    they’re doing it to provide great skiing

it would be easier to stay closed -they’ll actually lose $ today

I would think this will go a long way with building credibility among pass holders

China Peak says they’ll open this weekend

Badger Pass is closed
    Well good on them, then. That is seriously cool. My son's buddy went up.

I was up at Dodge yesterday and posted a longer post but (maybe because I included a picture?) it got stuck in "Waiting for Moderator Approval."

The TL;DR was "EPIC."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6106.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	320992
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6127.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	996.7 KB 
ID:	320991
    Last edited by StickyFingers; 03-18-2020 at 05:58 PM.

BV is done:

Bear Valley Resort Closure
    March 18th, 2020
    Dear Valued Bear Valley Resort Guests and Team Members,
    After careful consideration and recommendations provided by the United States government and public health officials in regard to the spread of COVID-19, we have made the difficult decision to suspend all operations until further notice, effective immediately. Our winter operations are now closed for the remainder of the 2020 season.
    We realize that this news will be disappointing for many of our guests and team members, but we truly believe that it is the right decision to make as the situation continues to evolve. The health and safety of our guests, team members and community remain our top priority.
    Our Reservations team will be reaching out to all guests that will be affected by the resort closure and will be issuing refunds or credits to those who have booked accommodations during the coming weeks. Refunds will also be issued to those who have pre-purchased lift tickets, rentals and ski school lessons.
    We ask for your patience and understanding over the coming days, as we anticipate a high volume of calls and emails. Our team will do their best to respond as quickly as possible.
    Thank you to all of our guests and team members for an incredible 2019-2020 winter season. We appreciate your understanding and support during this difficult time and look forward to seeing you out on the mountain next season.
    Sincerely,
    Jonathan Reid
    Vice President - Ski Resorts Bear Valley Resort

yep

Can people still access the area by skinning up?

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

yes now that we are officially closed

snowmobile traffic will be big