Page 40 of 69 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1706
    What is BVs closing day? Can’t seem to find it on the inter web. Google keeps directing me to 2017.

April 21
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Ah dammit. Was hoping they would extend their season. Wanted to get the boy up there, but we are looking at the next weekend. Maybe next season.

Girl’s Stuff was very good. Lots of big piles of snow moving. I might have been a little late for the best.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9328.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	357.0 KB 
ID:	274272

Name:	IMG_9330.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	360.8 KB 
ID:	274273

Name:	IMG_9332.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	361.5 KB 
ID:	274274

Name:	IMG_9336.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	314.5 KB 
ID:	274276

Name:	IMG_9343.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	291.5 KB 
ID:	274275

Name:	IMG_9341.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	307.8 KB 
ID:	274277

Mt Reba tour tomorrow.

China Peak going to Fri-Mon operation. Closed Tu-Thu.

I’d think that would annoy local pass holders.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    China Peak going to Fri-Mon operation. Closed Tu-Thu.

I’d think that would annoy local pass holders.
    For the rest of the season, or for regular operations next season? I'd be fine with that was just for spring. It would be tough to stomach for regular operations.

is Cohee still running that place?

Central California

Just the spring.

Yeah Tim Cohee is still there.

It’s tough to stomach for locals. Imagine if you couldn’t surf T-Th. People that bought a pass might have expected 7 day/week operation.

Eaglecrest in Juneau has run on a 5 day/week schedule for years. They just don’t have the staffing for 7 days. They are closed T-W and many people plan on Thu off since the mtn hasn’t been skied and the pow piles up.

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    The Friday-Monday schedule sure makes it more difficult for those wanting to use a pass from a Powder Alliance resort.

Central California

Is CP part of Powder Alliance? I didn’t know that.

I can get you a cheap/free ticket and I’ve got a place in BV for you to crash Vets.

Unannounced, I feel for them. Especially if it was your daily morning or afternoon session getting interrupted.

Yup. They are powder alliance. We are considering SAT passes next year and looked at their list of resort partners. If we could have used reciprocal days on the w/e I think that would have moved us away from KW for at least a few years.

My family would save $550 moving from KW to SAT. That is significant. Gotta day tho the Ops and Patrol teams at KW are still top notch despite cruddy upper management.

When Royal Gorge XC went to 5.5 days/week (except holidays), during the few years when they were owned by the guys famous for creating Foster City, and then while owned by the bank after the developers skated on their loan, I thought the mid-week closures were a pretty significant factor in undermining the credibility of the place. But late-season I can kind of see it making sense for an smallish out-of-the-way place like CP.

Royal Gorge is where I started patrolling in 1992.

That explains your 3 pin need.

I ski AT now

I didn't know that! The place is doing well again, BTW (and my kid's racing in tomorrow's Gold Rush 15K). This has been a killer season for them, and Sugar Bowl now has enough years under its belt to know how to run the place. Also helps that their main competitor, TDXC, has jacked up their prices quite a bit in the last couple of years.

Tell him to ski fast!

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    Mikey b,
    Thanks. I had a great time when I visited a couple of years ago. However, I'll be heading to Southern Colorado for my spring break this year.
    I hope to see you up at Sonora Pass, Ebbetts Pass, or elsewhere later this spring/summer.

Funny to see Royal Gorge and X Country talk in the mix. Working the Sports Basement Ski bus, we had the first XC skier come up on the bus to XC ski over at Squaw Creek's facility this weekend. SB rents the XC gear out of the Berkley location, but you can arrange to have it sent to any store for pick-up. I think there is an effort to use this model for touring equipment and splitboarding stuff in the future. Last week in my two evenings at the rental shop people rented bikes and camp gear... so confusing that people want to change the seasons already.

Mike... I have been planning a little Family three day Easter vacation at Bear April 13-16. I would dig it if you wanted to connect. We are planning on RVing in the Employee lot in my Parents Toy Hauler. Keep you eye out for the dogs having a blast in the snow.

I look forward to seeing you

We're (family) thinking about skiing BV on Monday & Tuesday; still watching the weather. I would have liked to come up for fresh snow on Friday, but tax appointment, grrrr.

Friday is the day. I'm trying to steer my group to Bear, but a couple have Epic passes and want to go to The Wood. I really hate driving to The Wood. I know it's technically only 25 minutes longer, but it feels so much longer than that.

$1 ticket waiting for you

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    Friday is the day. I'm trying to steer my group to Bear, but a couple have Epic passes and want to go to The Wood. I really hate driving to The Wood. I know it's technically only 25 minutes longer, but it feels so much longer than that.
    Where are you coming from. I thought it was more like a 15 minute difference, but I’m coming from SC. The bigger difference I always noticed was less traffic and what traffic was there flowed better. Some people get gripped on 88, and others grow impatient. Hey seemed like a mellower drive up 4.

Have fun Friday.

I too am skiing next week during spring break (at that other resort) and am watching the weather. Don’t really want to drive up for rain showers.

Right on Mike. I'm in negotiations with my Epic friends. I may just ditch them. Why Motown locals buy a Tahoe pass is beyond me. It's annoying.

Ottime: Modesto. Ya, google says 15, but I've never had that experience. We go the back roads. And 4 just doesn't get the Bay Area folks. Makes a huge difference. And if it snows low and a lot, forget it. I'm going to Dodge. Mike and I have had this conversation- it may not have to gnar and vert of The Wood or Bear (if Snow Valley is open), but no resort gets less tracked out than Dodge does.

today’s storm was a dud