Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hellojello74 View Post
    Extremely

Glad I could help out to get a few of you to connect
    Well done. By the time I posted up, you'd already sent him to PBB and he connected with my friends.

That is a mild understatement, there is a reason the wife has restricted me to skiing for a few years....hopefully I can get back into it as the truck is just sitting waiting to be resurected
    Shit, I'd rather be boating. The Lochsa hooked me like crack cocaine last year. I'm probably going to part out my Runner. Interested in a D44/5.38's with Alloy shafts, Long 300M joints, locker and a 14bSF/5.38's/welded/discs, Marlin duals/4.7's, hydro assist, and 37" MTR's?

Quote Originally Posted by davieboot View Post
    Can wait for this. Ditto on the video. I almost hope it takes extreme measures, but I have a feeling those guys are going to be able to make it seem easy.
    They'll air down, put it in low and run the rev limiter up the hill. That will be the hardest and most interesting part. Then they'll hook onto him with a strap and pull him back down. :lol:

Wow thus is awesome. Stoked for the recovery!!

Reading along and looking forward to the recovery pics/vid

Waiting in anticipation... True 4 wheel'n is fucking rad. Hoping like everyone else for lots of pics. Probably gonna learn something.

This thread is worthless without pics.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

They got him out.

From Carson (Red 4Runner):

Quote Originally Posted by MTMudpuppy View Post
    Just got it out. Very uneventful. There was no snow. Basically after a small tug he drove it out. Kinda bummed it was so easy. Pictures to come in a few hours.

He owes you guys big time. Nice work!

Glad to hear it worked out.

MT4runner
    Sounds like you got a great build, mine is coming along good, pretty basic 81 toy, 35's duals, 5.29 ect was ready to fit 40's but killed the engine. I even have a donor and am going to go to efi but currently have no place to work on it so until that time it sits and the student loans get paid off.

Lots of pics posted here
    http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/usa-n...cier-mt-2.html

Pirate can sure make this place look small at their 230k members to our 99k members.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by skiing-in-jackson View Post
    This thread is worthless without pics.
    Tony gets the credit for throwing the pics up so quick over on the pirate, http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/usa-n...lacier-mt.html

Here are some highlights

Big thanks to Carson, Jake and Tony for hauling my ass out! The lack of snow came as a surprise seeing as how there was a foot or more just last Saturday. I know they were hoping for a little more snow as it was like childs play to their rigs. Just a little tug got me going and was enough to step off into the other trail and continue down. It was definitely a step up in my 4 wheelin' department

Strangely now I want to drop money into a pit and go 4 wheeling again (of course with a friend )

That first pic is so goddam badass.

Those pictures make it look easy. I've gone over bigger bumps pulling a trailer but I had friends around to heckle and [maybe] help if I got stuck.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

That Taco is sick! I hope you go out and get some real tires so you don't have that problem again

nothing like an adventure...fucking awesome. reminds me of the time I drove my sled into a sinkhole/pond the 2nd day out and had to be pulled out by a snowcat before a storm blew in later that night.

Alright!

Props to the 4xers for helping out a stranger. They are good people.

i feel like i just read a novel. and i don't normally have a decent enough attention span to make it through the whole book.

the suspense! the casual, and necessary insults! more suspense! the failed attempt in snowy weather! and all lived happily ever after....except bryanthebold, who will be forever shamed (but at least he's got his truck back!).

good read. will there be a sequel?

Good job guys. Maybe you can rescue this high-centered Jeep next?

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...JhIZYbm7FLlbGw

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	53015c2f-ed87-44b9-bfd6-acd87c9d8b3c-big.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	124416

nice work. glad that went well.

Quote Originally Posted by bryanthebold View Post
    Absolute beasts! Truly badass. Glad you got your truck back safe and sound. The internet sure is great sometimes!

Awesome, glad to see you got the truck back, and great to see the guys from Pirate 4x4 stepping up to help out!

Any damage to the underside of the truck?

nice work dudes. this was an awesome TR.

Quote Originally Posted by bryanthebold View Post
    lodged it sideways (high sided).
    Could be a regional thing but I was confused from the beginning cuz looking at the picts I would call this truck high centered not high sided

IME high side is more of a motor cycle term " I was in a power slide & I got high sided " which means goging over the high side (ouch) ...the opposite of the back end sliding out

glad the OP made it out

how much $ did this cost?

Lucky fuckin you, Bryan. This is a late snow year for that place.
    Props to dudes that help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XXXer, you're right, I was really wondering how you high-side a truck, without it rolling over. Then pictures showed it was high centered.

Four wheelers rock

Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    Alright!

Props to the 4xers for helping out a stranger. They are good people.

Thank you for saying that. That means a ton.
    It irks me that we're often portrayed by non-motorized peeps as mouth-breathing motorheads. There are mouth-breathers in every sport.

Most of us just like to get out and play with our friends and families, and it's fun to occasionally have the challenge of getting someone unstuck!