Found an old bus

And had my pentax. Above Pony Montana.

Duh that's the bus from Into The Wild, lets go do shrooms in it...
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

Nice work! Love #3. The quality of those images is unreal, can't imagine how buttery that film looks in person. What are you shooting with??

I think I see a ghost.

-Cool pics!

Great series. Makes me want to look around for an old pentax + bus. What were you using, a 50mm?

Quote Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
    Nice work! Love #3. The quality of those images is unreal, can't imagine how buttery that film looks in person. What are you shooting with??
    Thanks dude! I actually cross processed the hell out of these in the B+W conversion, and added film grain for texture on a couple. The color is even smoother. And thats only on my epson v500 (crappy scanner).

Its all with my pentax 67. I almost sold it last week to fund a fuji XE1, but I am now realizing digital still has yet to catch MF. Guess I am going to have to own both...

And Super, its a 105mm f2.4, which is about a 55mm equivalent on 35mm. The 2.4 is so narrow, and this whole camera kit costs less than any piece of L series glass.

#3 indeed! These are beautiful.

radness. #2 and 3.

Can't believe someone took a bus on that road. Stolen then abandoned by some school kids on a joy ride 30 years ago?

Those even look dope on my phone. Solid work!
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Love 'em, and it's fun to speculate how the hell that thing got there.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

ah, the Pony Bar. Walked in there in 90 or 91, mid afternoon, screen door slammed behind us. One little old lady sitting behind the bar, chain smoking Camel straights. 'What you boys want'? Oh, bud light's fine. 'Here ya go, might as well join ya' and she poured a bunch of whiskey into a glass. Had in her will that when she went that they threw a party and drank every bottle of booze in the place. Heard that was quite a party...

[/threadjack]
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

I like these pics I've come back several times to look at them again.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    ah, the Pony Bar. Walked in there in 90 or 91, mid afternoon, screen door slammed behind us. One little old lady sitting behind the bar, chain smoking Camel straights. 'What you boys want'? Oh, bud light's fine. 'Here ya go, might as well join ya' and she poured a bunch of whiskey into a glass. Had in her will that when she went that they threw a party and drank every bottle of booze in the place. Heard that was quite a party...

[/threadjack]
    The place has been for sale off and on for years. I've always kind of dreamed of buying the place. That bar and a couple sleds and you'd be all set ...

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com...a4bcf887a.html

Wow, thanks for the kind words! I was pretty stoked while scanning this set.

And I would guess someone drove it into the forest to use as a hunting camp, or just to live in during the summers. Looks like there may have been a stove in it at one point, but no signs of insulation.

great work man

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Hmmmmm..

well they could be better I think, particularly if you used a certain model of digital camera- but hey at least you arent shooting canon..

/jk

Very haunting... you really captured a timeless sense of abandonment. 2 & 3 really rule, but I love 4, the way the rounded boulders resemble the bus's roof. Props man.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!