Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    I have had that green 95mm 184cm version for a few years. They are now backup as I like the Head Monster 98 more. To be honest, the Stockli isn't as stable as the Head. Its good to 95% of terminal velocity, but not old skool Legend Pro or Head Monster 98 speeds. These are all 18x sizes I'm riding and I'm 5'9" 160ish. The Stockli is super smoooth and damp. Likes high edge angles. More tip rocker than a Monster and more versatile than the Monster if there is any new snow because of that tip rocker.
    Good beta, thanks. I've been wondering about the 191 monster 98, but people only seem to spew objective drivel about it, rather than providing a comparison.

Per the stocklis, I'm all about high edge angles, should be right up my alley. I picked them up for a quiver slot to replace a pair of LP's I haul around on in bumps/chop/corn/coral. Should fit the bill.

191 Monsters are super burly. Planks really, but have a tight enough sidecut that they can I handle some tighter stuff. I have 191 108s, but I heard the 98s are slightly tighter carving.

I am interested in those 192 Stormrider 95s. One pair left on ebay.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    191 Monsters are super burly. Planks really, but have a tight enough sidecut that they can I handle some tighter stuff. I have 191 108s, but I heard the 98s are slightly tighter carving.

I am interested in those 192 Stormrider 95s. One pair left on ebay.

Anything comparable as far as overall flex? Pretty one-dimensional, or able to vary turn shape? All I have heard, here and elsewhere, is "burly", I don't doubt that, just trying to find a reasonable comparison.

I have negative dollars for any more gear this year, but if they're still making them next year I may have to obtain a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    Anything comparable as far as overall flex? Pretty one-dimensional, or able to vary turn shape? All I have heard, here and elsewhere, is "burly", I don't doubt that, just trying to find a reasonable comparison.

I have negative dollars for any more gear this year, but if they're still making them next year I may have to obtain a pair.
    They are extremely stiff. 10 out of 10. Much stiffer than most other new skis in their category too. Stiffer than Legend Pros. Stiffer than Rossignol Experience or RC112. Stiffer than Moment Garbones. I dont really have much experience with older (2000s)traditional-style skis, I am sure there are stiffer skis..but I have yet to come across anything new that is this burly.

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    Skied on those before settling on the laser cross pro; same core and construction but the cross has a wider tail (+~8mm). It worked better for me skiing the late line in the backseat.

I would compare it more closely to elan or head cheater skis from back then, not their real race stuff. They're quite a bit softer in the shovel than most gs ski, closer in flex to Salomon's equipe 2V from the same era, but insanely quiet on the snow, damped like a SG Ski until you come out of the end of the turn. Plenty of edge grip, but in a more user-friendly package.
    Skied those 2006 laser GS today and this was exactly my feeling. Very quiet, locked in feeling, kinda like the blizzard GS ski I demoed 2 years ago. But the tip felt a bit soft, and therefore weird in shorter turn initiation. But insane grip once on edge.

Quote Originally Posted by smooth operator View Post
    Skied those 2006 laser GS today and this was exactly my feeling. Very quiet, locked in feeling, kinda like the blizzard GS ski I demoed 2 years ago. But the tip felt a bit soft, and therefore weird in shorter turn initiation. But insane grip once on edge.
    I feel like that's common with stockli in general; if you just tip it over and stand on it, it makes a beautiful turn, but if you truly drive into the tip, it can feel unbalanced. The laser cross pros I have will ride railroad tracks through anything, but the sweet spot is about 15 cm in front of the binding, definitely not out in the tip. Even the 201 DP pro felt like that: it was a beast, huge radius, super damp, but the first 10% of the ski was almost noodly in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Last night, I heard that, although there is a Stockli US distributor, (which is a different guy/entity) from last year, not one new 2013 Stockli ski has made it to the USA. Draw whatever conclusion you want, but I don't think that any skis were sold to the US market this year.
    I'm learning a lot of interesting things here. I think that if the right person takes over Stockli USA, very interesting things can happen.
    Americans love to spend top $$$ for top quality Euro goods. LV, Porsche, Miele...I see no reason why Stockli would be different. I could see DV, Aspen, Sun Valley, etc. full of Stockli product. It just needs to be managed right.
    Sorry to exhume this thread but was this good advice or what?

Quote Originally Posted by utagonian View Post
    Sorry to exhume this thread but was this good advice or what?
    They were at the WWSRA demo at Mission Ridge this year and last. Lots of them on the hill at Sun Valley and Deer Valley this year . . .

Very popular with the 70 year-old groomer zoomers in Sun Valley. Not sure why. That bright yellow ski really stands out.

Quote Originally Posted by Beder View Post
    Very popular with the 70 year-old groomer zoomers in Sun Valley. Not sure why.
    The skis rip and they can afford them.