Kids' Race Gear and skis

x-posted in 'keep kids skiing' thread.

Anyone out there a race parent in need of something other than brand new, retail priced rich-kid gear? We're finally done racing and I have a good supply of skis and gear for kids probably between the ages of 8-13 depending on their size percentile.

3 race suits, couple SL helmets, bunch of smaller race helmets (covered ears but no mouth guards), at least two pairs each of shin guards and pole guards. There are several pairs of slightly older (non FIS probably) but not ancient and fully serviceable junior race skis both slalom and GS, sizes from about 125-178 (178's are GS's that were used for J4 Super G and probably have a total of 10 runs on them). Skis have been well taken care of and kept in good tune with 1/3 bevels, lots of wax - a good bit of it flouro. They all have decent clamps, some of them are junior clamps.

Basically way too much to list but if you have a kid in that age range in racing and need some stuff let me know what you need. Prices will be very reasonable. Really.

If you're in Seattle that's even better so I don't have to ship.

Partial list.....

3 padded race suits: sizes Jr S, JR L (Karbons), 6-8 (Spyder)
    1 Spyder non-padded suit: JR M

3 pairs Spyder zip-off (these convert to training shorts. indispensable), insulated pants: sizes 12, 14, 16

1 Spyder padded upper-body shirt: JR S

4 pairs shin guards, 2 suitable for pre-teen, 2 suitable for teen

9 pairs of JR race skis with bindings (yikes) I'll get a list and pics up soon-ish.

Any new Rossi radical rsx skis (or similiar) in size 120?

thanks

Very interest in a small race suit for my little guy. I'll have to wait until he gets home from school to measure him.

Quote Originally Posted by asland View Post
    Any new Rossi radical rsx skis (or similiar) in size 120?

thanks
    all skis are a few years old as I steadfastly refused to pay for new gear unless the deal was ridiculous. my kids still did great. that said, I have a couple of pairs of Radicals but not new.

I just meant the newer models that have more sidecut. The ones I am looking at have a sidecut near 111-67-97 so they have a pretty good turning radius (7-8m). Do you have anything like this available in size 120?

matt
    Last edited by asland; 10-15-2012 at 11:02 AM.

Could definitely use the shin guards, shorts, helmet and maybe some skis. Sent you a PM.
    "Don't tease me about my hobbies, I don't tease you about being an asshole"

shin, check your pm's.

so in full disclosure shin is local and if he can move fairly quickly will have priority so I don't have to hassle with shipping. He won't take it all, and I will keep everyone posted.

Oft, I might need a pair of teen guards, maybe the stealth padded top?
    Maybe the 178's?

damn kid(s) just keep growing.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Any foearm guards?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TGR Forums
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Tuckerman, no forearm guards.

Mofro, the 178's are pretty sweet and fast. The padded top will be too small for your son, but maybe for your daughter.

To all, thanks for your interest. Shin's coming over tonight so will update later.

OK Here's what's left and more details and a pic of everything. Left to right. First, skis mostly race but not all. All items + shipping and OBO. Really.

L-R in the picture:

160 Atomic Pow Plus w/Salomon 877 DIN 10 - $75
    170 Nordica FF w/Salomon 977 DIN 12 - $50
    167 K2 Moto w/Salomon 797 Driver DIN 10 - $150 Lots of prep and maybe 10 runs on them. Fast.
    147 Dynastar Course 66 Team w/race plates. $75 Great GS ski for lighter kid. Well prepped and fast.
    138 Fischer RC4 R10 WC w/race plates, Tyrolia 7 DIN Jr's $100
    138 Fischer RC4 R10 WC w/race plates, Fischer FR 11 (not shown, not mounted). $75 This pair is fast but has a 1x2 cm core shot mid-base that needs repair.
    140 Salomon 3V Equipe 10T Race w/Salomon 910's $100
    140 Salomon Verse w/Din 9 Demo clamps. We used these for loaners for the kids' friends. $40 with any other ski purchase.
    143 Dynastar Course 64 w/Look NX 10 $100
    145 Rossi Radical SL w/Look 100 9DIN $150
    150 Rossi Radical SL w/Rossi Axium 9 DIN
    155 Scott P2 w/Marker Speedpoint Demo 11 DIN $30 with any other ski purchase. These were our park loaners and utility skis. Kinda beat but useful. Good for park beaters.
    159 Blizzard GS WC Magnesium w/ Head SL 70. $200. These are bad-ass-fast jr GS boards. Really nice race skis.

Other

1 pair pole guards $10 (not shown)

Last edited by oftpiste; 11-07-2012 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Oft, I might need a pair of teen guards, maybe the stealth padded top?
    Maybe the 178's?

damn kid(s) just keep growing.
    I screwed up. Not 178's. 167's.

I'll take the Spyder Padded GS suit size 8-10.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    I screwed up. Not 178's. 167's.
    Ah, never mind then- too short. The boy is moving up to 183's for GS (already have them ) so a 178 would be the fall back if he can't turn them.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

bump for updated list. skis still available. reasonable offers welcome.

and again! if you have racer groms make me an offer I can't refuse. this is good gear, well tuned and fast. you want your kid to win, right?

pm sent on race suit???

Suits got sold off a while ago. sorry, but thanks for the interest. still have some skis left.

if you send me an email with pic and list of skis and prices I'll distribute to our local race team - it'll be a couple years before Owen needs any of that - I kneep thinking I oughta buy now and put them away for a bit, but $$ is an issue
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Any kneepads?

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    Any kneepads?
    no, i need those for when you come over.

damn, just noticed you've got a lot of posts dude! when you coming to the hill?

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    no, i need those for when you come over.

damn, just noticed you've got a lot of posts dude! when you coming to the hill?
    Wow, I'm probably looking to change my daughter's skis. I was according trying to see what the best deal was new with a friend of him that own a shop.

Daughter's GS or/and Slalom might have to be changed (I've been on the fence due to the cost) - she didn't to ski much all year, she broke her leg in February.

I need to figure the size she needs. When I raced in university, it was all height oriented, but now, it would seem that weight is the factor to determine the length.

At 85 lbs, she is lightweight for a 15yr old. According to the spec, she would need a 155 GS skis, however that is her current height.

She was using a 140 combiSL and 155 GS for the last 2 seasons. Looking to maybe pass the combi at her younger sister starting pre-comp.

Are the Rossi 145/150 SL still available?
    Ski Mad World
    A blog of MadPat's World: A History of Skiing Geography
    http://madpatski.wordpress.com

yup. one pair of radicals left. the longer ones.