Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven S. Dallas View Post

This dude posts a lot of useless shit, but this might be his best work to date.
    So subtle, yet so revealing at the same time. The douche is strong in that one.

Second on the Eccos. I got a nice pair of driving Mocs from Ecco, and a pair from Sperry. The Sperry ones are super comfy, but not sure I would want to wear them in that environment, everyday. Maybe just a Friday shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    Get some Ecco's. You will be set.
    Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Second on the Eccos.
    Thirded. I have worked in large animal vet hospitals on my feet on concrete all day. Ecco's have lasted forever (I eventually have to retire them due to funk, NOT due to them wearing out at all) and are comfortable to wear all day. I currently spend about 3/4 of my day on my feet in barns or on farms, and they stay waterproof forever and are still comfortable enough to climb a 14er if, for some reason I NEEDED to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

You BASTARDS!

So now I am going to try and find a Pair of ECCO Mens World Class GTX

I am probably going to like them, how can I pay 400$ for Golf Shoes SHIT!

Tell me they are made in China so I can move on
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    You BASTARDS!

So now I am going to try and find a Pair of ECCO Mens World Class GTX

I am probably going to like them, how can I pay 400$ for Golf Shoes SHIT!

Tell me they are made in China so I can move on
    My Ecco golf shoes are the most comfortable pair of shoes I own.

bump. are all blundstones built around the same last?

my needs are not specific for a boot that meets astm quals, but for a durable (leather) and not too expensive (e.g. something off STP) boot for tromping around that is easy on and off and will function well for the wintertime wetness and mud madness where i live. i already have high-calf rubber rain boots (wellies). i'm partial towards zero degree sole angle as most of my shoes have flat soles, but am not married to the idea of flat soles for these boots.

cheers and tia

blundstones have a relatively low heel
    i'm tall and don't like a heel particularly
    they work for me
    easy on/off
    can be dressed up or down
    no idea on last sizing

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    AFAIK.

Bestest shoes in the world. Get them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I bought the squarer toe "dress" version 063 and they are narrower than the typical/traditional 500/510 blundies. They do look dressier.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

The john deere pull on boots on stp are pretty burly and nice soles. Def worth it with another 35% off.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/joh...colorFamily=01
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    AFAIK.

Bestest shoes in the world. Get them.
    Not even close. I'd take a wellington or romeo from Weinbrenner every time. Better made and usually less expensive. Blundstone quality has declined greatly. You pay a premium for the name, like Red Wings that are made in China, and get shitty quality.

I was going to suggest Ecco, so good to see others have recommended them, too. Comfortable and durable.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    made in China, and get shitty quality.
    I have four of maybe five pairs of blundys the wife has some too.

AFAIK none of them are of the type much lamented and hand made by virgins in Tasmania.

But honestly I've beat the shit out of them wear them almost always for everything and They just won't die. A couple of pairs have had vibram resole by a mail order cobbler down in Oregon (come back almost better than new).

These other boots you speak of must have magical properties..

And I'm not saying this out of Aussie patriotism.

...virgins in Tasmania.

You're obviously not talking about sheep...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    You're obviously not talking about sheep...
    Tasmania: where the men are men and the sheep are frightened.

I'm done with red wings. Most of their boots are made in Indonesia not even China anymore. I've been wearing them on construction sites for years now, they just don't cut it anymore. A lot of guys I work with have moved onto Thorogood boots. They are made in the USA I hear nothing but good things about them. Though they don't make many with vibram soles. If you get any good advice from here, use the VIBRAM SOLES!!!!!!!!! They last much longer than normal cushion soles, concrete for some reason destroys soles on boots. When the heels start to round is when you will start to get back and hip pain. All because you're not standing flat. Also invest in a good pair of orthotics your feet will thank you

Quote Originally Posted by NmbrdDays View Post
    I'm done with red wings. Most of their boots are made in Indonesia not even China anymore. I've been wearing them on construction sites for years now, they just don't cut it anymore. A lot of guys I work with have moved onto Thorogood boots. They are made in the USA I hear nothing but good things about them. Though they don't make many with vibram soles. If you get any good advice from here, use the VIBRAM SOLES!!!!!!!!! They last much longer than normal cushion soles, concrete for some reason destroys soles on boots. When the heels start to round is when you will start to get back and hip pain. All because you're not standing flat. Also invest in a good pair of orthotics your feet will thank you
    Thorogood's are made by Weinbrenner. I'm wearing a pair of their 6" moc toe work boots right now. Very comfortable and the quality is equal to or better than Red Wing 875s. The sole they have on them, Thorogood MaxWear, is just as good as the Vibram sole they used to have but lasts longer. It's super comfy and grippy. The best part is that they are about $150 instead of $275-300 for Red Wing, Danner or Chippewa of the same style and quality.

id also throw danner in the mix. they're having a rare 'outlet' sale on hitthebreakroom.com right now, though it's limited.

I just snagged a pair of Trasks, made by Rancourt for ~$140 shipped on STP. Goodyear welt, lugged vibram sole. $350 off retail, sounds good.

I have four of maybe five pairs of blundys the wife has some too.

AFAIK none of them are of the type much lamented and hand made by virgins in Tasmania.

But honestly I've beat the shit out of them wear them almost always for everything and They just won't die. A couple of pairs have had vibram resole by a mail order cobbler down in Oregon (come back almost better than new).

These other boots you speak of must have magical properties..

And I'm not saying this out of Aussie patriotism.
    Do you work a trade for a living? Blundstones are fine for the casual wearer but the thread is about work boots/shoes. I have a pair of Keen's that have withstood abuse but I wouldn't recommend them as work boots. Having the soles cut off an injection molded boot soles and new soles glued on wouldn't hold up to most of the use a work boot would be exposed to. There is a reason that most quality work boots still have a Norwegian/Goodyear welt construction.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    Blundstones are fine for the casual wearer but the thread is about work boots/shoes.
    Thread started:

Landed a job a couple months ago where I'm working as engineering support in a factory environment and am on my feet for the majority of the day. So up to this point I've just been wearing tennis shoes, but I'd like something more professional. So I'm basically looking for something loafer-ish that would be comfortable enough for me to stand on for 7hrs every day and also looks professional. So far I've been thinking Merrell would be a good choice, but looking to see what you guys have to suggest.

I'm a GC and blundstones are my daily drivers.

All the guys in my cabinet shop have been in them for years, too.

It's remarkable how the soles stand up I'm over a year into my current pair with no rounded heels at all. Usually go through shoes in six months max.

Thread started:
    Even so, I take a Thorogood wellington or romeo over Blunstones any day. Better quality and less expensive.

I picked up some blundstones from STP ~$45 a while ago and really like them. So bought a second pair. a few pairs left in size 9 us 10. They say they are factory seconds, but I can't tell why.

Quote Originally Posted by NmbrdDays View Post
    A lot of guys I work with have moved onto Thorogood boots.
    Are they bad to the bone?

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    answering one of my own question: the 490 is definitely a different last than the 500 blundstone.

do people find that the elastic lasts on this type of shoes. It's currently starting to die on my slip-on office shoes.

those weinbrenner slip-on boots look nice. they seem to be a higher price point over the blundstone. there are no dealers near me, according to their website. Are there online dealers that do the zappos thing, i.e. try on for free?

cheers