Page 123 of 163 FirstFirst ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,075 of 4075
    Quote Originally Posted by wboarder View Post
    Has anyone heard about KW throwing together a huge jump on the backside after April 15th so that Bobby Brown can do a photo shoot to jump over chair 4?
    More Corn Please!
    Heard something about it, no details yet,

Sent from my DROID4 using TGR Forums
    Snow Flake Killer

I heard something about that too...

Anyone maybe up for CP Friday? I have the day off and might be able to make the drive for a day trip.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuthon View Post
    Heard something about it, no details yet,

Sent from my DROID4 using TGR Forums
    Here's what i've heard.....rumors and speculation. "Apparently" RedBull is paying Kwood a large amount of money to have a Bobby Brown/RedBull session at Kirkwood (kinda like the Simon Dumont Cube Pipe at Squaw). "Apparently" Kwood will be utilizing the entire backside with Chair 4 for this huge park build. It's my understanding that the backside will be closed to the the public for this event (21-24 days to build and film).

1) Everyone goes to Kirkwood for the Park!
    2) There's not enough snow in Tahoe to build anything anyways!

Quote Originally Posted by dhklauer View Post
    "Apparently" Kwood will be utilizing the entire backside with Chair 4 for this huge park build.
    Sounds very similar to SuperPark idea thay have at Mammoth most springs. Usually on their backside, but it does move around. Huge features, closed-to-the-public, with a slow lift. And just snowboarders it seems.

Cinders & me (and the SkiBus) will be up tomorrow (Weds).

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by dhklauer View Post
    Here's what i've heard.....rumors and speculation. "Apparently" RedBull is paying Kwood a large amount of money to have a Bobby Brown/RedBull session at Kirkwood (kinda like the Simon Dumont Cube Pipe at Squaw). "Apparently" Kwood will be utilizing the entire backside with Chair 4 for this huge park build. It's my understanding that the backside will be closed to the the public for this event (21-24 days to build and film).

1) Everyone goes to Kirkwood for the Park!
    2) There's not enough snow in Tahoe to build anything anyways!
    sounds like it will be time for a carson to kirkwood party crashing tour!
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    ^
    I hope that this rumor is not true. Some of the best snow I found this weekend required a ride on chair 4. However, often at the end of the season Kirkwood will close the backside a few weeks early (usually this coincides with at least a two-foot powder dump.)

Another disappointment from KW. Pass prices going up over 33%.

Such the suck from them this year. Closing terrain to the public to keep it pristine for a contest and then realizing they are not going to use it. Huge increase for pass price even after We were told they were going to keep an affordable KW only pass. So now we can pay more to ride the same lifts that still break down. Awesome.
    Last edited by Ottime; 03-13-2013 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vets View Post
    ^
    I hope that this rumor is not true. Some of the best snow I found this weekend required a ride on chair 4. However, often at the end of the season Kirkwood will close the backside a few weeks early (usually this coincides with at least a two-foot powder dump.)
    they usually keep 4 going til easter

^. Oh you mean the Ol Kirkarood...yah I mentioned the Dumont/Squaw and he was perty sure same group
    "Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it"- Mark Twain

www.entisys.com

I'm totally shocked that Vail waited a year and then raised prices. It's almost like they care more about money than skiing. Didn't see that one coming.

I guess I'll see more of you @ sierra next year.

I was amazed at the lines @ the bottom of every lift on sat. Chair 2 was backed up past the motor house & I've never seen that in 15 years. It seems that the ticket checkers are the problem (or lack there of). I saw 1 ticket checker @ 6 & 10. Not one on 2 or 4 controlling the maze. So many unfilled seats on chairs with a full maze. @ Sierra there are always a minumum of at least 2 ticket checkers & 1 controlling the maze especially on a weekend.
    Seems like Vail's plan is to make you wait around long enough for you to get tired of waiting so you go buy food, beer, gear etc. They don't actually want you skiing because then your not purchasing anything.

I was sorely disappointed with my experience on Sat. The mountain was just as amazing as I remembered though. God I love that mountain.
    Snow Flake Killer

I give the Wood's ticket scanner devices a D- grade. The eventually work, so I cannot give them a F. It is not the Checker's fault that they have to work with an inferior system.

Last Wednesday, I had three people in front of me at TC. Six empty chairs go by (yes, I counted them) as the poor checker tried to get the scanner to read the ticket and 2 passes. Once the scanner finally reads, the processing time for the unit kicks in. Their wireless connection is terrible on storm days, better on clear days... And then they have to look at the picture.
    The only times I have seen the checkers keep up with the lift is when they have a scanner in each hand. Hopefully they go to a different system. This one is not working.

Let it Snow!
    Please.

Interesting Nuthon. I have found since Vail took over that bluebird powder days are not really worth more than a few runs inbounds. Various reasons, but too small of a maze for too big of a crowd I part if it. It is not so much the wait, but all the flying elbows and shuffling that kind of sucks. And this past Saturday was not even a powder day. Glad I spent most if my time outside the ropes. Best run by far was my first one. And it was not lift served.

But maybe I'm just grumpy this morning as my skiing bill just went up considerably but our income is stagnant.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    I give the Wood's ticket scanner devices a D- grade. The eventually work, so I cannot give them a F. It is not the Checker's fault that they have to work with an inferior system.
    Having skied at the Heav, Kwood, Keystone and Breck this season - the scanners were all the same at those 4 resorts. Probably a crappy wifi system at Kwood.

One possible way to alleviate the mess at each lift is to fence or redesign the base area so there are only several access points. Scan at the access point only, not at each lift. Most lifts at Keystone and Heav don't have scanners because you were scanned lower on the mountain. Kwood's layout isn't so good in that respect. Only chair 2 and the backside don't need scanners at the lift line.

I didn't experience any problems at Breck. But that may be because Breck makes Kwood look like a pimple, not a resort.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    But maybe I'm just grumpy this morning as my skiing bill just went up considerably but our income is stagnant.
    sounds like a crisis. but as was pointed out this morning, crisis = danger + opportunity.
    opportunity you say. why yes. you take the hit for your family and just buy the cheaper tahoe local pass while getting them the no blackout kirkwood pass. still come up for holiday periods, but unfortunately you will just have to tour during blackout periods while the misses and mini(s) ski together inbounds.

the danger you ask. the misses finds out about your ulterior motive.

So no KW only pass next year?

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    So no KW only pass next year?
    It's the same price ($439) as the Tahoe Local pass on their website at the moment. The Tahoe Value Pass ( $389) is cheaper but doesn't get you Saturdays

WITH blackouts...

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    they usually keep 4 going til easter
    True. Once again I have the week after Easter off. Please pencil in a big storm for Easter Sunday.

and once again I probably have the season off after Easter

So you K-Wood fans are basically saying you miss having Cohee running the show.

So how high do the pigs fly around that place these days?
    # # #

"...You must be a big skier then." I said "no, I'm a petite size 2." Awkward silence.... - Parvo

Heard Hugh lost a testy in the tram line at Kitzbühel via altercation with the local monoboard team circa '93. Has been bitter about game theory since.- Klauss

^^^I actually miss about a decade ago. Never too sure that any particular lift would run, no heated plaza or ice rink, closed down with just a bit of wind, poor plowing efforts when it did snow. Cohee was around, but not too much was yet built, and pretty much no one ever seemed to be around expect on the best of bluebird days. And sometimes the power would go out and you could have the entire hill to yourself. Ahh, the good old days.

I can fly!

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    I actually miss about a decade ago...
    it's funny how much we miss Alex at squaw, too...

everybody used to complain around the clock, but i bet almost everyone would love to have him back.

(except the ten trillion new pass holders who visit twice per year)

open thru may, zero advertising, lift lines only a few days per year, no scanners, etc...
    Still waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by jahroy View Post
    it's funny how much we miss Alex at squaw, too...

everybody used to complain around the clock, but i bet almost everyone would love to have him back.

(except the ten trillion new pass holders who visit twice per year)

open thru may, zero advertising, lift lines only a few days per year, no scanners, etc...
    +1 in the careful what u wish for category.