Another REALITY ski video. Kyle's concussion.

Okay, hopefully you enjoyed the video of me being scared on top of Pyramid gap from almost a decade ago:
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...pressure-VIDEO

While digging through the old clips, we found another gem from the same era almost a decade ago. This one shows my brother-in-law with a major concussion. He botched a Misty flip and hit his face on the blunt end of his ski pole. Every 45 seconds Kyle's brain would reset. It was like he just woke up from being knocked out with no recollection of anything between the crash and that moment. Listen how many times he says his left knee hurts, that he is now feeling okay, asks if we built the jump etc. Not all were caught on tape; but, he got surprised and asked how the ski patrol got there at least 3 or 4 times.

BTW, big thanks to Alta patrol. We were not at the resort. We were up Grizzly Gulch. Within about a minute of Kyle getting banged up, a patroller coincidentally happened to be skiing down the cat track on the south side of the gulch and stopped to help. When we first saw Kyle, his face was bloody, he couldn't see and we thought he may have somehow gouged his eye out. In the end Kyle got some stitches, concussion and a torn ACL.

hahahahaha thats really funny. Glad you ended being fine and everything is good. That had me laughing though. good times.

Wow, that's sobering. That crash didn't even look very hard. Props to the patrollers!

"I'm coherent now."

"That's a matter of opinion" - hahahaha.

Oh man. That must have been simultaneously hilarious and terrifying. I love the bit with the head shake to the camera.

Wow he was pretty out of it. Crazy. It sounded like he didn't remember where he was or what happened. Did he forget his name at all?

Quote Originally Posted by regct View Post
    Wow he was pretty out of it. Crazy. It sounded like he didn't remember where he was or what happened. Did he forget his name at all?
    He never forgot his name or anything from long term memory. He just lost everything that happened that day up to each moment where he would feel like he was coherent. Every time he thought he was good, his brain would reset. He would forget everything that had happened a minute earlier... like he was just waking up for the day.

An hour later, he was all good mentally. No issues. Just the stitches and ACL. However, I don't know if he ever regained a memory of that morning and the crash... I should ask.

At least he didn't seem to be in too much pain. Wild.
    An Evolutionary Rider

www.PeaksforPeace.com

My wife was on a 30 second-ish reset after hitting her head on a botched landing in the park. Fucking scary and I work EMS...never phases me when it's some one else but it being my wife was freaky. She was missing several weeks and kept realizing that she was in Canada and not Austria. The poor couple on the gondy while we were downloading looked fucking terrified thinking she was going to pass out or some thing lol. She had lingering symptoms from that for months afterwards. Head injuries are freaky.

The that's a matter of opinion comment was gold lol.

Quote Originally Posted by powder4breakfast View Post
    Every 45 seconds Kyle's brain would reset. It was like he just woke up from being knocked out with no recollection of anything between the crash and that moment. Listen how many times he says his left knee hurts, that he is now feeling okay, asks if we built the jump etc. Not all were caught on tape; but, he got surprised and asked how the ski patrol got there at least 3 or 4 times.
    It's called perseverating!

"After Kyle botched pyramid gap he hit his head and proceeded to perseverate."
    If you can't dig it, you ain't got no shovel

Quote Originally Posted by time2clmb View Post
    My wife was on a 30 second-ish reset after hitting her head on a botched landing in the park. Fucking scary and I work EMS...never phases me when it's some one else but it being my wife was freaky. She was missing several weeks and kept realizing that she was in Canada and not Austria. The poor couple on the gondy while we were downloading looked fucking terrified thinking she was going to pass out or some thing lol. She had lingering symptoms from that for months afterwards. Head injuries are freaky.

The that's a matter of opinion comment was gold lol.
    I can relate to that. I was 9 or 10 skiing with my dad in Killington. He decided go off the side of a jump doing like 40, landed totally flat way down hill and backslapped so hard his helmet cracked in half. He was doing the reset thing around every 30 seconds too, He didn't really know what was going on for a good 24 hours. He had to spend the night in the hospital obviously. It was pretty shitty to experience something like that at such a young age.

Ahh, so that is why the park kids use short poles now!
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Head injuries suck. I smashed my noggin off ice in a park at a hill 2 hrs from home. I was alone and was like that dude. Somehow I managed to get in my truck and drive home. Thank god for straight farm roads!