Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    thank you for finally adding some substance. pc is the last thing on my mind. the only people i know who even use the term "pc" are the ones who are hostile to the issues raised that interfere with their "honesty." very similar to libertarians. dull-witted antagonism toward anything perceived to encroach on "freedom."

absolutely correct about what? it doesn't appear from the responses that there is some universal agreement about the advice or the product.
    There I a difference between "can be done.", "should be done.", and "different DIN standards".

In your rush to show how Smug and self righteous you can be you seem to have missed those points.
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    absolutely correct about what? it doesn't appear from the responses that there is some universal agreement about the advice or the product.

He is absolutely correct in claiming that is irresponsible for a reputable dealer to put a beginner skier in a non DIN boot.

21" by the way

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using TGR Forums

i hope someone's skinning up today; it will be gone Tuesday

i am working

Backcountry Help

Hi, I just moved to Oregon and want to do some backcountry skiing around Mt. Hood. Anyone know of some decent spots? Or know if any resorts allow skinning before first chair? I can't seem to find info on forums and as far as I can tell, Mt. Hood Meadows doesn't allow up-hill travel once ski season starts. Thanks!

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    There I a difference between "can be done.", "should be done.", and "different DIN standards".

In your rush to show how Smug and self righteous you can be you seem to have missed those points.
    my rush to show how smug and self-righteous i am had nothing to do with your content it had to do with your compulsive need to call everybody jongs, which is pretty smug and self-righteous in its own right, but i'm not surprised you don't get that.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Spook you are one of those fringe elements of society. A free think if you will. Stop it! This will drive you mad. Take more drugs it is the only answer. Now back to skiing.
    i apologize. an interruption in delivery of my medication caused a recurrence of quixotic assholitis. i gave up the obituaries last season. this season i will not make any negative commentary about anything in this thread. i reserve the right to be as stupid as naturally possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate6794 View Post
    Hi, I just moved to Oregon and want to do some backcountry skiing around Mt. Hood. Anyone know of some decent spots? Or know if any resorts allow skinning before first chair? I can't seem to find info on forums and as far as I can tell, Mt. Hood Meadows doesn't allow up-hill travel once ski season starts. Thanks!
    see--->http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...Mt-Hood-skiing

know if any resorts allow skinning before first chair? I can't seem to find info on forums and as far as I can tell, Mt. Hood Meadows doesn't allow up-hill travel once ski season starts. Thanks!
    Timberline doesn't care as long as you stay off to the side and aren't an ass.

Meadows will probably put you in prison.

Rumors of a Turkey Day opening at Meadows. Anyone have any inside info? NoParking?

BTW

Paging TNThor, and Sgt. Skidmark! Time to check in.
    Training for Alpental

spook Guest
    I LUV TRKY DAY OPENINGZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!

It sounded like it was 38 and pissing rain up there all day. Not great prospects for a t day opening I feel like

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfield View Post
    It sounded like it was 38 and pissing rain up there all day. Not great prospects for a t day opening I feel like
    Should be plenty of snow by Thursday, 3-4 more feet of it by then, hopefully.

Hm. Temps back down to 31 at 5800', 28 at 6500. 6 inches at Tline in 4 hours. Hrm.

You are still fine to skin up meadows atm. Bring a poncho.

EDIT: Never mind. Sounds like they are bringing the cats out today. Fingers crossed!
    Last edited by astralboy15; 11-20-2012 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by astralboy15 View Post
    You are still fine to skin up meadows atm. Bring a poncho.

EDIT: Never mind. Sounds like they are bringing the cats out today. Fingers crossed!
    Opening sometime Thanksgiving Weekend likely! Announcement expected Wednesday. No uphill traffic as mountain prep work is underway!
    Training for Alpental

Anybody want to go skin around White River tomorrow? No guarantee that there will actually be skiing. Perhaps only skinning and some pit digging.

in the middle of a Norman Rockwell painting
    would love to if the folks weren't in town. my time is, unfortunately, occupied through the next few days, but keep me in mind. down to get out as soon as I can!

i'm out of town this week/end

but i'll be up for a equipment shakedown tour soon

Meadows announcement at 10. But patrol is going up and prepping, and word I got yesterday that there was a pretty solid chance of Thursday being the day. AND they have said in the past that they need a 30 inch base to open. We're there now.

Too bad they have to be so cunty with delaying their announcements to try and build artificial hype.
    Training for Alpental

Bachy cone delivering the day before opening. Should be the deepest opening day that I can remember since 2003.

Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

MHM, opens Thursday with BC, ER and Daisy...weak...

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    MHM, opens Thursday with BC, RED and Daisy...weak...
    Express is going to.

EDIT: And I fixed those lift names for your
    Last edited by astralboy15; 11-21-2012 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by astralboy15 View Post
    Express is going to.

EDIT: And I fixed those lift names for your
    I hate the new names, always be red blue and yellow for me, they added blue, (express) after the initial announcement.
    Last edited by k2skier112; 11-21-2012 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    I hate the new names, always be red blue and yellow for me, they added blue, (express) after the initial announcement.
    Blue is still blue and not Express.