Page 25 of 52 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Suddenly my wife is a beginner skier.

http://www.skihood.com/Store/Product...And-Glen-Plake

spook Guest
    trying to talk my wife into it, too, but she's like "why would i spend $85 to get a lesson from a world class skier only on buttercup? i'm going to call and find out if she can use her own pass and equipment.

she has no idea who glen plake is.

Have her watch Licsense to Thrill or Blizzard of Ahhs

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using TGR Forums

spook Guest
    haha. i hardly know who glen plake is. i know about the movies, but i've only seen youtube clips. what little i know of him is the last 8 years working my way back. of everything i've read about him, the most recent avalanche tragedy is one of the most compelling. all the rest is historic and skillful and crazy or whatever, but how does he wrap his head around what just happened. i think it would be interesting to watch him teach beginners. and i can barely imagine the sight of my wife and all that she is taking lessons from glen plake.

Glen Plake is coming to town! Psyched! Last time he was here my husband skied with him on Broken Top and I went to work. I won't make that mistake again!!!

PSA--If you are considering the Hood BC, DON'T. Absolute suck. There is a reason why Heather, PR, etc. have been closed. Windslab, breakable crust, boiler plate ice, heavily wind affected snow. Pick your poison it is there. Way to many days on the skinny skis this season.

[QUOTE=Tap;3875920]Sunny, cold, and layed up niiiice Eastside.

Dude!!! We were skiing Bachelor on Friday... the best snow on the lower mountain was off Rainbow and I was looking up the mountain, longingly, wishing I was doing THAT!

I did manage to find a pow stash or two, however... and don't give me any shit about the bottom-left photo! I skied all day yesterday with my pole straps tied together

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	705216_10151407917832122_681048928_o.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	226.8 KB 
ID:	130298  

When is Plake here? Can he stay for VertFest next weekend?
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

no thanks to you jerks, i decided on my own to hit white pass.

i think the drive wasn't bad when considering the snow, lack of crowds, price, etc.

fuzzy screen grab from the mini backside.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	white pass.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	253.0 KB 
ID:	130361
    fine

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tuffy109 View Post
    no thanks to you jerks, i decided on my own to hit white pass.

i think the drive wasn't bad when considering the snow, lack of crowds, price, etc.

fuzzy screen grab from the mini backside.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	white pass.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	253.0 KB 
ID:	130361
    that doesn't appear to be anything to be upset about

Quote Originally Posted by Patarero View Post
    PSA--If you are considering the Hood BC, DON'T. Absolute suck. There is a reason why Heather, PR, etc. have been closed. Windslab, breakable crust, boiler plate ice, heavily wind affected snow. Pick your poison it is there. Way to many days on the skinny skis this season.
    I think we're in the January doldrums ... I bet this is the way it (mostly) is until February.
    Sent from my Timex Sinclair using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SgtSkidmark View Post
    Always trying new stuff but every other brew is an imperial IPA because its my favorite to drink. We have a 8.5% Jubelale clone on tap right now, as well as a cream ale on nitro (for the ladies), and a thoroughly unexciting Irish Red that I'm going to dump. Once we get running with the new setup and ferment a batch, I'll be packing growlers up to the hill. 2012 red outback, change for a nickel sticker, HRM lot on weekends. Come grab a cup!

Yeah I know there's a homebrew thread. Sorry
    Whoa Whoa Whoa ... Stop All clock.

So... You realize that all of your beer brewing posts have no business in this thread, yet you do it any way.

Whatever Duuuuuuuude!
    Eat drink and be merry, for tomorrow you may be in Utah...

Quote Originally Posted by drdevon View Post
    I think we're in the January doldrums ... I bet this is the way it (mostly) is until February.
    "The models continue to push moisture into far northern Canada keeping the West dry for the next 12 days (Don’t panic yet and keep reading). The East Coast might see some light to moderate snow by next weekend! As you know we always look for good powder news so please turn your powder thoughts towards the last week of January. The models are trending a much wetter pattern beginning on January 24th. The moisture charts show a high trend towards the Pacific northwest, Southern BC (Coastal and interior) for the last week of January. The Sierra is also in the action at some point as well. The Rockies will be a wild-card however I have confidence for some snow depending on how far these systems dig south. Models beyond 5-7 days are only marginally reliable however my confidence for a return to wet weather in many areas of the West is high."
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    "The models continue to push moisture into far northern Canada keeping the West dry for the next 12 days (Don’t panic yet and keep reading). The East Coast might see some light to moderate snow by next weekend! As you know we always look for good powder news so please turn your powder thoughts towards the last week of January. The models are trending a much wetter pattern beginning on January 24th. The moisture charts show a high trend towards the Pacific northwest, Southern BC (Coastal and interior) for the last week of January. The Sierra is also in the action at some point as well. The Rockies will be a wild-card however I have confidence for some snow depending on how far these systems dig south. Models beyond 5-7 days are only marginally reliable however my confidence for a return to wet weather in many areas of the West is high."
    I don't care from where that info came. I'll take it!

Yep - end of January ... the goods might/should show up. I love February/March the most around here.
    Sent from my Timex Sinclair using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post

i just wanted to repost this shot.

is that cascade concrete you're stuck in? give this man a hand!!

I for one think that March will be cold and wet for PNW. Keep the brew posts coming. Nice shots as usual Tap. I am on the sidelines for a week or so. Hyper-extended the gastrocnemius.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by Patarero View Post
    ^^^yup, i skinned t-line and it skied very crusty...beautiful views tho!

and it's not getting better near future
    freezing elevation rising sky high for the foreseeable long range forecast
    http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?zoneid=ORZ011

although I like PhiberAwptik's weather post better
    Last edited by acinpdx; 01-14-2013 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drdevon View Post
    Yep - end of January ... the goods might/should show up. I love February/March the most around here.
    ^^^^^ +1

Quote Originally Posted by TNThor View Post
    Whoa Whoa Whoa ... Stop All clock.

So... You realize that all of your beer brewing posts have no business in this thread, yet you do it any way.

Whatever Duuuuuuuude!
    i think i prompted that with a question to him

sorry about that!!!

This does and doesn't bode well for my weekend of coastal steelheading the 25th....

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Forgot Board at Hoodoo

A friend of mine somehow forgot his board at Hoodoo. Is anybody heading there sometime that could pick it up and send it to him? Will definitely pay for shipping and a bit more for the effort.

Thanks.

Probably wasn't used to the strength of our beer...

That is the only reasonable explanation for forgetting yr board.

Quote Originally Posted by AlpineDuty View Post
    A friend of mine somehow forgot his board at Hoodoo. Is anybody heading there sometime that could pick it up and send it to him? Will definitely pay for shipping and a bit more for the effort.

Thanks.

spook Guest
    not used to the strength of our weed?

Quote Originally Posted by Count Fantismo View Post
    Probably wasn't used to the strength of our beer...

That is the only reasonable explanation for forgetting yr board.
    I don't think there is a reasonable explanation for forgetting your board.