Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Rented the big Yurt at Bohemia for Friday and Saturday night. Anyone heading up?
    "Shit, I'll choke her while she's cleaning, and I'll do it wearing a helmet cam mounted on a full-face helmet.
    I'll have meatdrink9 do the lighting for the shot. He'll make it artsy as fuck."
    - Phunk

Man, a guy gets hip surgery and then it starts nuking EVERY FUCKING WEEK thereafter. I am the butthurt, I am jacks jealous rage, I hope you guys have an awesome time...coverage shouldn't be an issue, ripley is still blanketed nicely (and it's S facing). Okay, okay...end rant. :\

Thinking about Bohemia. Just signed severance release from work, no future plans outside of eBay'n a bunch of old motorcycle parts, a couple dollars, a season pass, and lots of beer...

Lutsen instead of Bohemia. If anyone is out, look for a group of tele nerds and boarders in neon.

Lutsen got a foot last night. The lifts will be spinning for a couple of weekends.
    If the shocker don't rock her, then Dr. Spock her. Dad.

Do you have to pick up your Mt Bohemia pass in person or will they mail it to you? I'm not sure I'd get there before Xmas and maybe not at all. It's not exactly convenient to my Ohio location.

They have some pretty good resort swap partners.

http://www.mtbohemia.com/index.php?o...d=51&Itemid=78

This thread is so 2013...
    "Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."
    - Bradley Schiller, Prof. of Economics, Univ. Nevada - Reno.

lame.....................
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

You purchase your bohemia pass online (first sat in december is $99 + some transaction fees) but you never receive a physical pass you have to check in and provide your ID then your get that days lift ticket.

2013 Midwest Chatter Thread

So you don't get a traditional pass with your pic?

At the partner resorts you just flash your driver's license from what I gather.

This is what it says for each partner (or a similar statement depending on the resort): "Please present your drivers license at the ticket window to redeem your three day lift ticket."

It seems you could visit a partner before Bohemia.

yea, I'm planning on getting to Bohemia in early-mid april, been up there last 2 aprils, and the base is western like! Hopefully I will be using the "pass" at partner resorts before that! It all depends, If they get an early base, then the lake effect snow that falls in late december/early jan is the most desirable "cold smoke" a unique experience!

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    lame.....................
    Yeah, not my best effort.
    "Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."

I did the Bohemia pass last year and used it for a day at monarch plus 2 up north, great deal for 99.00!. All you do is go to guest services at monarch and they look up your name on a master list and give you a day pass. BTW if anyone ever wants to carpool from the Milwaukee area this season hit me up!

Been hoping for a true old school Midwest mini@ boho for years... I'm down if there's interest.

And by interest I mean at least one other troll maggot along the I75 corridor to ride share with...

Gahghhh it's so far away. Jay Peak is only 18 min further from me with most other Vermont areas closer. I could also hop a plane to Utah and be skiing in less than half the time. I just can't get up there. More for others I guess.

Boho would not beg s regular for meet forty the reasons above, but I would liked to hit it once...

lake effect snow machine has been crushing the UP. Any yooper folk have updates? Heading up, was going to go to deer camp but thinking skis and skins might be a better idea. Boho rumors of opening after T-day if this keeps up.

Paging yoop to the white room stoke phone, yoop to the white room stoke phone please...

I've been skiing a few times so far. Ski Brule will have most of their runs open this weekend. Marquette Mountain is opening on November 28, but there is plenty of snow there already. LOTS of people have been hiking and skinning up, including me.

Bohemia says they need 2 or 3 more feet before they can open, but that could add up quick. This year there is more snow on the ground than I have ever seen this early. Gonna be a great season!

Check Bohemia's website for updates.... The $99 pass sale is supposed to be December 6th only, but if they open earlier than that, it will run from opening day till December 6th.
    "Shit, I'll choke her while she's cleaning, and I'll do it wearing a helmet cam mounted on a full-face helmet.
    I'll have meatdrink9 do the lighting for the shot. He'll make it artsy as fuck."
    - Phunk

The first time I skied powder was at Bohemia. A legit spot for sure.
    I used to ski "laps" (although I didn't know it at the time) on various dunes along Lake Michigan after serious lake effect events. Good times.
    Last edited by Tahoe Bromide; 11-18-2014 at 08:12 PM.

Is there anyone on here anymore that skis at Perfect North?

If so, anyone thinking about going out this weekend?
    Nobody listens to a fkn word fat chicks say. Nobody talks to them long enough to notice they're crazy

Yo mittenites, how are things looking @Boyne Mtn? ...And, as an extreme long shot, how's the off piste coverage?

I haven't been to boyne to ski yet. Was up there Christmas day, and skied schuss. Groomers are good, but there is virtually no snow in the trees.

Hitting Indianhead on Friday if there's any UP maggots up for a few turns
    Five minutes into the drive and you're already driving me crazy...

I skied Granite Peak over the weekend...super duper icy (duh) on Friday, then 2" fell overnight and it skied waaay better Saturday. Also, they opened up 3 more runs from Friday to Saturday - the far ones off to climbers left. They were marble-y, but hey, it's more runs. I'm going back next weekend to pick up my new skis from Shepard & Schaller (Salomon Q-98s w/Griffons), and I'll report back with new conditions. Also heading to Brule on the 24th. Any word on conditions there? I assume it's better since they've had more snow.