Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Well we wanna check our spare and smoke the maggot out for a ski off and or parking lot fist fight.

More intel to come

He skis backseat all swagged out.
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Well we wanna check our spare and smoke the maggot out for a ski off and or parking lot fist fight.

More intel to come

Do tell....
    "Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."
    - Bradley Schiller, Prof. of Economics, Univ. Nevada - Reno.

Quote Originally Posted by anemic View Post
    My sympathies BMills. Care to share any details ? Who where how etc?
    Feel free to PM if you want. It's still pretty fresh, not sure if the family wants details out. But thank you nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Staggerwing View Post
    Haven't been around these parts much, but thought the people on this thread might appreciate yesterdays stoke.

Nick Goepper popped in at PNS to help close the end of the season with a couple of slush pit runs at the annual spring carnival. They put a two foot kicker at the pit exit so he show off a little. Didn't quite nail the first landing, and went back for a second.

Not a bad way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

Attachment 152207
    Attachment 152208
    Attachment 152209
    Solid PNS stuff right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    That's great that Nick returns to support PNS. Seems like a really nice kid.
    Ayup.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post

More intel to come

You just described half of the kids that go to Michigan Tech. Maybe it was TurkeyUP, he got mad lean yo!!! J/k, J/k...he was with me last wknd in the backcountry doin hoodrat things with his friends. Surface skis are weird, three-stage rocker would seem like it would be too binary in mixed conditions. Good luck with the search, I would definitely have beef if somebody blatantly did that to my skis... and don't forget to hug it out after you beat his ass. Beaters have feelings too mang!!!!

Went on a nice little walk about in the UP and got to ski the moon
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1395066819.948232.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	178.7 KB 
ID:	152788Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1395066857.108168.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	136.4 KB 
ID:	152789Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1395066871.944612.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	208.9 KB 
ID:	152790

Anyone else running the DH @the Highlands Sunday?
    "Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."

Quote Originally Posted by flatNshallow View Post
    Anyone else running the DH @the Highlands Sunday?
    Yeah, I'll be there. League Championships Saturday too..... Look for my team in the Zoo Bar Saturday afternoon. We'll be the ones with the big fuckin trophy.
    "Shit, I'll choke her while she's cleaning, and I'll do it wearing a helmet cam mounted on a full-face helmet.
    I'll have meatdrink9 do the lighting for the shot. He'll make it artsy as fuck."
    - Phunk

Yoop, sounds good. I'll be the gaper that looks out of place. First round's on me.

Yoop, sounds good. I'll be the gaper that looks out of place. First round's on me.
    That's not going to narrow it down much at the Highlands, but we'll definitely hook up.
    "Shit, I'll choke her while she's cleaning, and I'll do it wearing a helmet cam mounted on a full-face helmet.
    I'll have meatdrink9 do the lighting for the shot. He'll make it artsy as fuck."
    - Phunk

Flat, yooper is easy to win over with a bottle of bourbon to pass around the group. Even if you're gaping it up.

Quote Originally Posted by turkeyUP View Post
    Flat, yooper is easy to win over with a bottle of bourbon to pass around the group. Even if you're gaping it up.
    Correct! I still drink Buffalo Trace thanks to you!!
    - Phunk

Then yoop's in luck as I make frequent trips to Kentucky (don't ask 'cause I won't tell!)

And the Marquette Mafia delivered... they crushed it for as combined margin of victory of 6 f-ing seconds. Had the fastest time of the day- .9 ahead of second place... who was also mm.

Today it's time to eat our cake... And crush it too! Ski fat, take chances!

What a great weekend! Nice meeting you, Flat.... Marquette skiers continued dominance on Sunday for the downhill. 4th, 6th and 9th in the pro division. The coolest thing of the weekend, though?? My WIFE WON THE FREAKIN' RACE!! She literally won a full size chocolate cake on a silver platter (FlatandShallow had some...). AND she won $200.00 prize money. Very cool.
    - Phunk

Quote Originally Posted by yooper View Post
    What a great weekend! Nice meeting you, Flat.... Marquette skiers continued dominance on Sunday for the downhill. 4th, 6th and 9th in the pro division. The coolest thing of the weekend, though?? My WIFE WON THE FREAKIN' RACE!! She literally won a full size chocolate cake on a silver platter (FlatandShallow had some...). AND she won $200.00 prize money. Very cool.
    Good meeting you too Yoop.

Didn't have any of the wife's cake cause I won my own (teeny, tiny,cup-) cake for 2nd place Geezer Lite class on the pussy course. One of these years I'll make a clean run and win it. Lol.

Got pretty boring watching the endless parade of yoopers collecting their hardware, eh?

Was amazed at how good the conditions are- midwinter is worse most years...

Oh yeah, Yoop is being modest here... he was 4th overall and tied with the overall winner for top speed @ 69 mph. Dude crushed it. So fucking fast.

A couple of us Duluth hosers are heading out to skin some laps at the Porkies radio tower Sat. and do a Sunday funday at Blackjack. If any Midwest mags are around, look for three geezer tele nerds. Puffy jackets and pants with duct tape accents, beards and long hair.

http://vimeo.com/m/90403207

Little Boho thing that a buddy did.

Quote Originally Posted by ianjk View Post
    http://vimeo.com/m/90403207

Little Boho thing that a buddy did.
    Sick and well done. Met Joey down here at the nut before he started this project. Sure wish I could have made it up to Bohemia this year.

Just hit up Bohemia yesterday... It seriously cannot be overstated how much snow they have. It is absolutely ridiculous. "Icefall" isn't even really even a cliff anymore. You can almost just ski down it. The Toboggan rack at the top of the triple, that has the trail map on the side? In December, the snow was up to the bottom of it already. When I went back in February, most of the trail map was covered, and the top of the box extended maybe six inches above the snow surface. Yesterday, they had it marked off with bamboo and they had a ramp shoveled down to the entrance of the box so they could access the sled. I would say the top of the box is now 4 feet under the snow surface!!

As for the skiing, it was great for about 2 hours, but the sun was nuclear yesterday and the snow got pretty heavy in the afternoon. Super fun day, though.
    - Phunk

^I had an invite to go up there this weekend from JW but something about a nine hour drive, a job, and soccer prevented me from making it happen. Uggh. I need a small prop plane.

Quote Originally Posted by yooper View Post
    Just hit up Bohemia yesterday... It seriously cannot be overstated how much snow they have. It is absolutely ridiculous. "Icefall" isn't even really even a cliff anymore. You can almost just ski down it. The Toboggan rack at the top of the triple, that has the trail map on the side? In December, the snow was up to the bottom of it already. When I went back in February, most of the trail map was covered, and the top of the box extended maybe six inches above the snow surface. Yesterday, they had it marked off with bamboo and they had a ramp shoveled down to the entrance of the box so they could access the sled. I would say the top of the box is now 4 feet under the snow surface!!

As for the skiing, it was great for about 2 hours, but the sun was nuclear yesterday and the snow got pretty heavy in the afternoon. Super fun day, though.
    Forecast said "... storm totals well over a foot of very heavy wet snow"... how wet was it?

Forecast said "... storm totals well over a foot of very heavy wet snow"... how wet was it?
    Creamy goodness on Friday. Still sugary and nice on Saturday AM (face shots, even, if you dug in).

Stale taters by Saturday PM. Mushy chop today.

How wet? I dunno... Shit was fun.
    focus.

Saturday morning wasn't really wet at all. I would characterize it as dense powder. Creamy. By noon it was pretty heavy. Snowman making weather.
    - Phunk

^^ funny you should say that. I did, in fact, make a snowman with that snow on Saturday afternoon.
    focus.

Was there Saturday, can confirm I had an awesome time. I through a big spread eagle on the main run to try to get some hollering, almost went hard out the front. Good times.

midwest mags! Thought you guys would enjoy this article I did the other day for our Base Camp column on Snowtrekker Tents, a pretty rad little mom n pop operation from Wisconsin that makes some badass canvas tents for winter camping. Our film crew used them in AK last spring. There's some Mt. Bohemia and UP stoke in there too, would love to come check out that hill someday!

Link is here: http://bit.ly/1hcIT7T
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.