Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7
    I would love a small-ish diesel pickup truck.. currently have a 2011 Frontier and its 16mpg is killing me; I'm paying over $300/mo in gas. Working on moving closer to work, but still...

Wish the new Ford Ranger was coming to the States. That's a helluva truck. And 30mpg. Fuckmeyesplease.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    diesel is a lifestyle?
    in the US... definitely.

the US beats off over UK tractors like a Defender 90, rich euros beat off over US pickup trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    in the US... definitely.
    ^ The oracle has sneered.... we have a ruling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    diesel is a lifestyle?
    It is if you're addicted to the exhaust fumes.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

So I am obviously a dumbass and just got a Taco with a 60 inch bed...what length of skis will fit diagonally?

Thanks
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Seems like this shot from yesterday belonged here:

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    comes in the 6' box so even 194 fit on an angle. The manual with a quad cab has the 5' box. I have a manual with little seats/suicide door so can get a 6" box. I'd say 95% of new Tacos i see have quad cab.
    Its long board week so I found my 223 DH just fit in a 6ft box, the thing with a 6 foot box is I found a used cap for only $200 and there are lots around but if you have one of those shorter boxes you might be paying a lot more for a new cap

Isn't diesel way more expensive down in the US, so don't you need to do more math than how many MPG?
    Last edited by XXX-er; 03-25-2013 at 09:02 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by DRZ1050i View Post
    Wish the new Ford Ranger was coming to the States. That's a helluva truck. And 30mpg. Fuckmeyesplease.
    I thought ford stopped making Rangers last year or the year before?? Or do you mean the UK version... that's been diesel & 4 door for years?

I have a Nissan frontier with a 60 inch bed and I can fit my 196cm Bodacious diagonally no problem. I can fit a few other pair of skis along with them so not really a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesp View Post
    I thought ford stopped making Rangers last year or the year before?? Or do you mean the UK version... that's been diesel & 4 door for years?
    Yeah, they stopped offering them in the States, but the version we were offered was WAY different than the global market.

It recently won "Pickup Truck of the Year" by a huge margin. I'd provide links and whatnot, but on my cellphone. Search up Global Ford Ranger and you'll see.

yeah friends in Scotland have/had a 2009 or '10 Ranger & said it was good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Ra...rth_America%29

For 29 yrs ford milked that line for every truck they could but there was no way to justify 800million for retooling so they killed the line because in spite of every truck thread where somebody whines that they want a small pu declining sales figures show there is no market in north america for a small PU ... Ford does seem to be selling lots of f-150's

I have a 2010 Ranger its a great cheap truck but its a pretty dated design but only 19 k for a brand new but stripped 4.0 5spd 4x4 ex-cab rubber mats kinda of wish it had cruise but I don't drive much nowdays

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Isn't diesel way more expensive down in the US, so don't you need to do more math than how many MPG?
    Diesel is currently about 10% more than RUG nation wide, about the same as premium. Diesel was actually cheaper than RUG for a while last summer and could be again soon.
    Diesel is about 15% more efficient as a power source. Diesel engines cost more, but hopefully this can be offset with lower maintenance and higher resale.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    So I am obviously a dumbass and just got a Taco with a 60 inch bed...what length of skis will fit diagonally?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Diesel is currently about 10% more than RUG nation wide, about the same as premium. Diesel was actually cheaper than RUG for a while last summer and could be again soon.
    Diesel is about 15% more efficient as a power source. Diesel engines cost more, but hopefully this can be offset with lower maintenance and higher resale.
    I ran a VW TDi for business did the math its very close, I needed to drive LOTS which I did, and for diesel to be cheaper than RUG (usually 12 cents a liter cheaper than RUG up here) which mostly it was up here BUT the figures would not add up if I could buy RUG for 10% cheaper than diesel, it would have been cheaper to buy a gasser sedan capable of high milage, so mine was strictly a business decision but we buy cars for other reasons and to its credit the VW TDi was a nice place to spend a LOT of time

if you need a truck for hauling a lot of weight diesel is the way but in north america for a small truck carrying not much, when RUG is usually cheaper I suggest you do the math if you really care about the $ but most people are repeating what they heard and/or want to think a diesel will be cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    You mean the one time every couple of years they need to do that? I should drive a uhaul by that logic.
    That's what I was thinking too. Either that or ask to borrow the friends p/u truck...

But still it is scarey to watch what people try and haul that has no business being loaded onto or sort of into a car.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    Sounds like what you really need is a VW Transporter 4Motion. Seating for 8 or 9. Then you wouldn't need to make the snowboarders sit in the truck bed.
    I think you're thinking of a Subaru Baja. Can't believe they brought that POS back to life. What were they thinking? But it's nice to have seats in the back for the kids instead of making them hang off the side with their tails waging and their tongues hanging out...While the dogs sit up front.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

That was the brat, not the baja. I don't think the baja had the jumper seats with grab poles like the brat.

Hugh Conway Guest
    no, the baja bed err pnwbrit wasn't big enough to fit people with their legs straight

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    ... The dollar is the consequence.
    YES!

truer words were never spoken
    Sent from my Timex Sinclair using TGR Forums

how has this not yet been posted?

I'm no fan of the 60" PU beds for a number of reasons that matter to me, but if others are happy with 'em, that's fine with me.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.