Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by natty dread View Post
    And Busta, while I know you despise and do not want an SUV, considering the limited options in the US, I still think you might want to consider the porsche cayenne with the 6 cyl/6 speed manual.
    By the numbers, it handles and brakes better then most of the wagons we lust after, really defying its mass. If you want to totally bust the budget, you can upgrade the suspension and the brakes to the carbon ceramics and it will handle/brake like a sports car.
    And it's a frickin stickshift!
    Probably not too many pre-owned out there though and new would be pricey.
    There are quite a few of them used on CL here, any idea on reliability?
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    Not sure on this model specifically, but Porsche has been up there with the japanese brands in reliability from what I've read over the last few years. I know you want to look at 2011 or later when the Cayenne was redesigned.

Bean- there's a reason there's so many on CL. We've known multiple Cayenne/Toureg owners around Tahoe, every single one has sold or is in the process of selling their vehicle. Don't ask about reliability or suggest looking at consumers. One tried to trade in their Cayenne and several dealers turned them down cold. No reason given.
    Others experience may vary...
    "if you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind..."

I didn't find any Cayennes like the one I referred to in CO on CL--2011 or later with the 6 cylinder/6 speed manual. They are rare, only about 3% are ordered that way.
    Last edited by natty dread; 03-23-2013 at 05:19 PM.

You can get a Dodge Magnum with AWD and a Hemi I believe. Not sure about the MT, or mileage, but it would be a pretty capable station wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Most people don't need a truck. And who the fuck wants a Cadillac truck or one with fancy ass wheels let alone an automatic transmission?
    Why would you NOT want an auto? Not manly enough for you or something? Genuine question.

What's wrong with a nice interior? If I'm gonna be sitting in a truck working for 12+ hours a day, I want it to be damn comfortable.

No need to be bitter because you cant justify 60-80k for a truck.

Some people like nice stuff.

I chose manual 6-speed in the taco for Teton Pass downshifting. Works great, but never tried auto, it might also rock.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Old Toyotas are the shizz.
    Converting this one to the 3.4, wish it was easier to do a diesel!
    I saw one of these parked in a field and started to wonder about doing a SBC swap
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Hugh Conway Guest
    I didn't find any Cayennes like the one I referred to in CO on CL--2011 or later with the 6 cylinder/6 speed manual. They are rare, only about 3% are ordered that way.
    It's a tarted up VW towrag

Just the older ones that would actually fit the budget, and I now understand why they're so cheap.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."

throughpolarizedeyes.com

I've always been curious: can you get skis in the bed of the quad cab Tacoma, particularly the older smaller ones?

My dad used to have a quad cab small truck (from GMC) and while it was nice for tossing small numbers of haybales, feedbags and big rocks in the back, it wasn't much use for anything very long with the tailgate up.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    I've always been curious: can you get skis in the bed of the quad cab Tacoma, particularly the older smaller ones?

My dad used to have a quad cab small truck (from GMC) and while it was nice for tossing small numbers of haybales, feedbags and big rocks in the back, it wasn't much use for anything very long with the tailgate up.
    the quad cab in auto comes in the 6' box so even 194 fit on an angle. The manual with a quad cab has the 5' box. I have a manual with little seats/suicide door so can get a 6" box. I'd say 95% of new Tacos i see have quad cab.
    Last edited by DougW; 03-25-2013 at 02:00 PM.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by karpiel View Post
    Why would you NOT want an auto? Not manly enough for you or something? Genuine question.
    Mostly, I like the feel of participating in driving I guess. An automatic is an awful lot like a condom on the driving experience.
    On snowy roads, I want the control of a manual that one cannot get from an automatic.

Plus, I will get better gas mileage out of a manual and prefer prefer driving them even in stop and go traffic.

Manuals are lighter(so get better mileage) and cheaper to repair.

What's wrong with a nice interior? If I'm gonna be sitting in a truck working for 12+ hours a day, I want it to be damn comfortable.

No need to be bitter because you cant justify 60-80k for a truck.
    Hey' it's up to you and your hemorrhoids. I don't sit in my truck when I use it except to drive generally short distances.

You can take my rant personally if you want, but the point is that the options I want in a car are not available. I don't need the features of a truck and I still think that most of the people driving sparkly trucks with pretty wheels don't really need a truck.

I just want the features of the kinds of cars available to the European market: a diesel awd station wagon with a stick.
    Some people like nice stuff.
    Some people have shitty taste or pooor reading comprehension:

For those of you who drive trucks, kudos. I hate the things and would just prefer something that drove reasonably well.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Holy shit. Are you really discussing a Porsche Cayenne as a ski car ? (with ceramic brakes, no less).
    Last time I went skiing, I rented a Skoda Yeti at the train station. I would have said it was a sweet ride, but now I feel so inadequate.
    (BTW, the DSG gear box from VAG is awesome)
    "Typically euro, french in particular, in my opinion. It's the same skiing or climbing there. They are completely unfazed by their own assholeness. Like it's normal." - srsosbso

Quote Originally Posted by philippeR View Post
    Holy shit. Are you really discussing a Porsche Cayenne as a ski car ? (with ceramic brakes, no less).
    Last time I went skiing, I rented a Skoda Yeti at the train station. I would have said it was a sweet ride, but now I feel so inadequate.
    (BTW, the DSG gear box from VAG is awesome)
    Quelquechose, mais pas moi.

And Natty, thanks for the thought, but that's not us either. I may not be able to actually buy another awd splortvagon mit der bitchen dieselen und leder seaten, but I will ranten ad infintem about em.

Mais j'aime le nom: VAG.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Hugh Conway Guest
    Just the older ones that would actually fit the budget, and I now understand why they're so cheap.
    It's amazing the different perceptions of the Cayenne/Q7/Towrag for what amounts to the old Chevy/Olds/Pontiac badge engineering

we could use some of the cheap skoda vag over here

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    It's amazing the different perceptions of the Cayenne/Q7/Towrag for what amounts to the old Chevy/Olds/Pontiac badge engineering
    Yeah, I wasn't aware it was the same vehicle and now that I do, I've got zero interest.
    Prove me wrong."

throughpolarizedeyes.com

You can take my rant personally if you want, but the point is that the options I want in a car are not available. I don't need the features of a truck and I still think that most of the people driving sparkly trucks with pretty wheels don't really need a truck.

I just want the features of the kinds of cars available to the European market: a diesel awd station wagon with a stick.

:
    ok but are you everyman and can toyota take that to the bank?

or do you just want a pony like most of the people who posted?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

You can get a Dodge Magnum with AWD
    ...used.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Eh, what Buster wants is an AWD Skoda Superb Combi, with a stick shift and a 170 hp Tdi. Now, that's a sweet vag, like an Audi A6 but with more space and for (much) less €.
    "Typically euro, french in particular, in my opinion. It's the same skiing or climbing there. They are completely unfazed by their own assholeness. Like it's normal." - srsosbso

The Cayenne has the MT.

A looooong time ago, when I thought it might matter, I wrote emails, (maybe they were letters), to assorted execs about the demise of the car Buster wants, and it fell on deaf ears. I have a MT AWD BMW wagon, (prolly the last one, a 2011), and a VW MT Golf AWD, because I prefer an AWD MT hatchback thing above all else. Keep ranting here, Buster, it's funny to read, but a larger AWD MT wagon is not coming to the States in any foreseeable future.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I was picking up some crushed rock for a backyard project last fall. As the loader was dumping the half ton of rock in the bed of my truck, I observed a couple shoveling crushed rock into 5 gallon buckets, and tehn laoding into their station wagon. I guess you does whatz you needz to do.

Not too mention all the shitheads I see trying to turn their sedans into pickups and strapping down shit on their roofs or out the side window at the local HD or lumber yards.

But on the downside, everyone is always asking to borrow my truck.

Before AWD station wagons, I put the family boat in more than one snow bank. Nothing like driving a 2 ton 400 Cubic inch V8 on all season tires on refrozen roads.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    I was picking up some crushed rock for a backyard project last fall. As the loader was dumping the half ton of rock in the bed of my truck, I observed a couple shoveling crushed rock into 5 gallon buckets, and tehn laoding into their station wagon. I guess you does whatz you needz to do.

Not too mention all the shitheads I see trying to turn their sedans into pickups and strapping down shit on their roofs or out the side window at the local HD or lumber yards.

But on the downside, everyone is always asking to borrow my truck.

Before AWD station wagons, I put the family boat in more than one snow bank. Nothing like driving a 2 ton 400 Cubic inch V8 on all season tires on refrozen roads.
    You mean the one time every couple of years they need to do that? I should drive a uhaul by that logic.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Why the fuck doesn't a roof rack work if you aren't doing it for a living?

Why the fuck doesn't a roof rack work if you aren't doing it for a living?
    Because you just ain't a real manly man if you don't own a massive truck to carry 2x 2x4's home once a year.