Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Paging Kidwoo - Woo 2.0

Have you skied it?

Has anyone skied it?

Loving the new graphics.

I'm curious what folks have to say about woo 2.0 as well. I'm on a pair of 1.0? and love em, but I'm confused about all this tail rocker/stability talk. My understanding is that woo 1.0 has less tail splay than than the protest, however when I compare my woo to my protests there is definitely more tail splay on the woo, its plainly obvious. Anyone else actually have current protests and woos to verify?

So I to answer your question...no I haven't skied it. My guess is that it is very similar to the 1.0, which is VERY similar to the protest minus whatever percent float and whatever percent better for walking.

Whoa. Talk about timing.

Keith just got in touch with me yesterday and it sounds like he was getting a few pairs pressed. They might be ready today. But no, I haven't skied them. It's still dirt season.

But I'm pretty much vibrating with anticipation. I don't want to quote any numbers before he gets the pdf up. The rough idea is:

1) more tapered tip, IE: less squared off

2) tip contact point/wide point slightly more forward

3) more tail splay/rocker
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

It sure does look sweet. I like the look of the new tip, kind of like the ehp.

Yeah, those are looking good. What's the beta on getting them lighter. I remember some people in the Woo thread saying they were getting ones in the sub 9 pound range, with light top sheets and such. Can he go full carbon?

What's the new graphic look like?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

Never mind, google works.

1+ the new graphic is sick!
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

Quote Originally Posted by JRainey View Post
    Yeah, those are looking good. What's the beta on getting them lighter. I remember some people in the Woo thread saying they were getting ones in the sub 9 pound range, with light top sheets and such. Can he go full carbon?
    I think mine from last year were about a cunt hair shy of 9lbs with the glass topsheet. Nothing special or particularly 'weight savings' about the layup.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Praying for 4lbs per ski Woo Twos.
    Life is not lift served.

I'll weigh them as soon as I can. A 'lighter than advertised' praxis ski isn't unheard of.....

4lbs may be pushing it but everyone involved in this project wants a bomber ski before a rando racer.

I'll post up the finished weight when I get them.

I just looked at the updated pic on the praxis site. New tip shape & top sheet look awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    everyone involved in this project wants a bomber ski before a rando racer.
    yeah well.... I didn't want to be part of your gang anyway. So there.

[8.5 a pair would be ok].

[[new top sheet is one of the best art topsheets I have seen]].
    Life is not lift served.

So how would the woo be different than my ON3P Billy Goats?

Quote Originally Posted by Climber Joe View Post
    So how would the woo be different than my ON3P Billy Goats?
    Have you looked at the dims? Really a completely different concept.

I think mine from last year were about a cunt hair shy of 9lbs with the glass topsheet. Nothing special or particularly 'weight savings' about the layup.
    Are you getting some big ones, or little ones? I'd be interested in both weights.

I might be missing something, but this seems like the closest thing we'll get to an EHP replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Have you looked at the dims? Really a completely different concept.
    other than a few less mm underfoot, and a longer turn radius, they seem pretty similar to me. What did I miss exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Climber Joe View Post
    other than a few less mm underfoot, and a longer turn radius, they seem pretty similar to me. What did I miss exactly?
    145mm tip versus 124mmm tip?

One is an evolved 5 point ski and one is evolved from a reverse sidecut with modifications to make it more skiable.

^^ Yup, well put. Now that the BG is incorporating RES (Reverse Elliptical Sidecut), it's worth saying clearly that the WooTest was the one evolved from the reverse sidecut ski (PowderBoards -> Protest -> WooTest). The BG evolved from the "fun" shaped skis -- even though the current model has a fairly long turn radius, it's not close to reverse sidecut (RES aside).
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Love the graphic. The woo 2.0 will bring a new way of looking at touring skis I think. I have an OG and while I lust after the new 2.0 I feel privileged that I was in a small way part of the conversation that got the ball rolling on a consumer pushed product. I feel a huge brand loyalty towards praxis because of how you can beat on their skis and they just want to keep going. This years iteration of skis makes deciding on what I want to own even harder. The 196 protest is the best soft snow ski I have ever been on and have to tear them back from my friends when I let them have a go. The powboard is in a class by itself in the trees and makes you feel like god because the faster you go the faster they want to go. 4frnt lost an icon with the ehp and while the hoji is a new direction why change what is not broken. A new pair of protests are in the books for me but the 2011 has never let me down so seeing how the shorter Radius feels is exciting one never really looses that love for your fist pair of praxis skis. Keith is doing right by the ski community. Much luck on the coming year and deep turns for the praxis fanboys.

I am looking at the specifications page on the Praxis website and had a few questions. Tip/Tail Taper and Tip/Tail Splay are both in cm. Can someone explain to me what they are? Which correspond to Tip Rocker Length and Tail Rocker Length on the DPS website?

Also, has anyone seen any reviews of the Yeti?

The splay is the length of the rocker, so that should correspond to the rocker length on the DPS website. Everything in between is the camber contact length. The tip splay plus tail splay plus camber contact length should add up to the length of the ski.

The taper is how far back from the tip/tail the widest portion of the ski lies. Everything in between is the side cut length. The tip taper plus tail taper plus side cut length adds up to the length of the ski.

docknowswhatsup

Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    yeah well.... I didn't want to be part of your gang anyway. So there.

[8.5 a pair would be ok].

[[new top sheet is one of the best art topsheets I have seen]].
    8.75 bitches!!!!!!!!!

That's with the plastic, some masking tape with notes and a praxis sticker in the shrink wrap. I knew that 9.5 would end up being high.

What length is that, K?

8.75 bitches!!!!!!!!!

That's with the plastic, some masking tape with notes and a praxis sticker in the shrink wrap. I knew that 9.5 would end up being high.