Anybody ever use Carmax?

Selling, buying, just appraisal?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Selling, buying, just appraisal?
    Test driven cars and gotten appraisal. Appraisal was fair not great. Cars were very dirty in and out and the sales representatives are not knowledgeable about specific models. The website pictures are typically poor and also doesn't list options in detail. Good place to visit and drive cars and prices are good.

I never thought their used prices were that good. But I bought a new Toyota 4Runner through the internet, from the one in Kennosha, WI and save a couple of grand off the IL prices?

The real reason to use Carmax is because they make it so easy to get out of your vehicle and into a new one. The trade off is that your not going to get a great value for your trade and may pay a little higher than you could for the new car.

I used them once and was happy with the entire process. I had alot going on at the time and I just needed it to be easy and it was.
    I resolve PC issues remotely. Need to get rid of all that pr0n you downloaded on your work laptop? Or did you just get a ton of viruses from searching for "geriatic midget sex"? Either way I can fix them. PM Me for maggot prices.

Follow me on Twitter
    Facebook - Become a Fan

I tried to sell a car to carmax, they offered $2,000. I eventually sold it on craig list for $4,000.

I hear that they sell some great former rental cars

I still call it The Jake.

Couple experiences. Went to them for an estimate one time, was seriously low-balled. They offered $1,300, went to the dealership where I bought my car, and got $4,000.

Second time worked out much better. Went to them with a car that had a blown transmission - got blue book value and a "wow, your car is in such great shape." Ummm...ok.

Would never buy from them, though. Not "dealing" on pricing? Come on!

Went to school with a kid who was rumored to be the heir to carmEx http://mycarmex.com/default.html . Maybe they meant carmAx?
    No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

Just sold my truck to them. Totally no hassle. Had a couple dealers offer me $4k trade in. Kbb was $5200 good condition private sale. Truck needed about $1k in work (neither the dealers or carmax knew this as I reset the check engine light). Carmax gave me $5k and i was out the door check in hand in an hour.

Its worth taking the 30 min to get an appraisal. I don't like random people coming to my place and driving my car. If you don't like their offer you simply walk out. No high pressure sales or anything. Quick and easy. At best on a private sale I think I may have gotten $4500.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using TGR Forums