Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by weasel1 View Post
    I have them mounted up, but with current conditions, no time on the snow yet. I posted up my first impressions elsewhere in TT. I have to say, I am stoked to see how they ski. I really like the fact that ALL of the touring mechanism pieces are metal. I like that the tour switch is not underfoot, and accidental tour-mode engagement (auto-tele) seems to be all but impossible, given the short lever, it's placement and its design. My only nostalgia so far for the Duke? I really liked the heel piece of the Duke, felt a lot like the Look heel. I am not as keen on the run-of-the-mill heel on the Adrenalin, but then I don't think it is any different really from the Guardian, in most respects. More later this week when I should have a run or two and a short skin on them at least.
    Cool. Thanks for the quick note! I'm leaning heavily towards this binding but since there is so little out there, in terms of real world use by the skiing public, it's hard to get a gauge on it. Anyway, eager to hear what you think after you've had a chance to ski/tour with them.

Thanks!
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Anyone have any more time on the adrenalin? Reports?
    "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will..."

Adrenalin footprint is extremely long - so long it only has 7mm screws at the rear. It's also not compatible with QK/BF inserts. Attachment 129007

Skis great, feels better balanced than the Duke. The touring switch works, but the system does get enough snow and ice build up to be no less a pain to switch than the Duke. For me, at this point, I feel like they are even with the Duke, all things considered. I would be happy with either, the Adrenalin is more convenient for my purposes because of the size range and on the (stopped and fiddling) fly tour switch.
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

....the Adrenalin is more convenient for my purposes because of the size range and on the (stopped and fiddling) fly tour switch.
    Thanks for the quick update. The tour-mode switch design on the Adrenalin seems much more user friendly and might be the differentiator for me with respect to the Duke or Marker Tour. Good to hear the overall positive experience you're having with this binding!
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

At least with the Adrenalin the required whacking of the bindings to clear the ice and snow from the tracks can be done by stomping your feet, so less numb finger crunching. But the ice and snow build up is still an issue. Works best with really stiff poles. Mine have some flex, so have to have them directly above the switch to put enough force on it to engage the lock down when it is fouled up with frozen detritus. On the up side, I didn't lock it all the way, didn't realize it and skied hard all day with no release of the mechanism. Bonus...I think? :-) Yes, on balance, I am still pleased. Others who are more picky will no doubt hate on it some, but I think it does a good job at doing its job.
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

Touring capability?

Yes, on balance, I am still pleased.....
    How does it tour? Seems like it would tour similar to a Fritschi?

Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    How does it tour? Seems like it would tour similar to a Fritschi?
    I have only taken it on short jaunts, as the lift served terrain has been so good. But so far no complaints. The action is smooth and clean.
    Last edited by weasel1; 01-03-2013 at 05:44 PM.

More time touring on them now, here's the latest. The climbing bail is outstanding. Easy to deploy and move between settings with even a soft pole basket, but mostly, it's incredibly stable on the bail. MUCH better than the Duke and Fritschi bails, IMHO. Laterally VERY stable in the toe through the stride. They climb really well. On the flat setting, however, the heels catch on the locking plate when the tail flexes. This creates a brief grab that is more annoying than problematic, but it would dissuade me from long, flat approaches. Then again, I don't do those anyway, so not really a problem for me. I do wonder if this will wear on the tabs over time. It wouldn't surprise me if the heelpiece tabs (not the plate tabs) develop some rounding or other wear over time, but there is enough tab length and purchase that I don't think any wear that developed would affect the lock down. Still, seems like this is something that ought to have been readily apparent in testing, so either they decided it wasn't a big deal, or didn't care to fix it. Given the thought evident elsewhere, I will go with the "not a big deal" assessment for now, but time will tell. Overall, I remain very pleased.
    Last edited by weasel1; 01-06-2013 at 05:55 AM.

To those who own a mounted Adrenalin themselves, could you do me a favor? I've been riding mine for a week now and must say I'm positve on the performance. However from day one I noticed some serious lack of lateral (sideways) stability in the heelpiece construction. Basically there are 2 components on the heel piece that allow lateral movement while forcing the shoe from left to right over the edges.
    First there are the 2 seperate integrated metal parts where the screws are in and connects to the ski. Those parts allow the system to slide while moved from 'walk' to 'ski' position. Althoug not a huge amount of space (and it needs room to allow sliding anyway) it does leaves space while laterally moved.
    The biggest clearance however is given by the 2 x 3 tabs that lock the heelpiece to the actual heelplate. Also here you need glide to have the freeflex system work but the lateral movement possible is just too substantial in my opinion. Not even taking into account any future wearing out of the tabs.

From day one the lateral movement is for sure more that with my Marker Duke.

Anyone wants to check with his or her own binding?

On a side note, the binding is mounted correctly and I must admit I don't really feel it while skiing ....
    But referencee is only 1 week now and mostly pow. It just showed during apres ski at the end of day one.

Quote Originally Posted by cheesehead View Post
    To those who own a mounted Adrenalin themselves, could you do me a favor? I've been riding mine for a week now and must say I'm positve on the performance. However from day one I noticed some serious lack of lateral (sideways) stability in the heelpiece construction. Basically there are 2 components on the heel piece that allow lateral movement while forcing the shoe from left to right over the edges.
    First there are the 2 seperate integrated metal parts where the screws are in and connects to the ski. Those parts allow the system to slide while moved from 'walk' to 'ski' position. Althoug not a huge amount of space (and it needs room to allow sliding anyway) it does leaves space while laterally moved.
    The biggest clearance however is given by the 2 x 3 tabs that lock the heelpiece to the actual heelplate. Also here you need glide to have the freeflex system work but the lateral movement possible is just too substantial in my opinion. Not even taking into account any future wearing out of the tabs.

From day one the lateral movement is for sure more that with my Marker Duke.

Anyone wants to check with his or her own binding?

On a side note, the binding is mounted correctly and I must admit I don't really feel it while skiing ....
    But referencee is only 1 week now and mostly pow. It just showed during apres ski at the end of day one.
    Do you mean that you can wiggle it with your hands while not clicked in? I haven't seen that in mine or either of my brother's pairs, but I haven't looked for it. I will check ours and let you know. Did a shop mount them?

Thanks for checking.
    I mounted the binding myself with a jig and it's not the first binding I did so I do not expect that to be the problem. I double checked the mount already.
    With my binding it shows just by wiggling the heelpiece with one hand and holding the ski with my other. It shows even better with the boot in.
    However one binding seems to have more room to move than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    Adrenalin footprint is extremely long - so long it only has 7mm screws at the rear. It's also not compatible with QK/BF inserts. Attachment 129007
    This I find interesting, especially since the MFDs have a long (er?) footprint but still use 9mm screws in the heel.. is the thought that the Tyrolias are drilled so far back on the ski there isnt enough material there for a full penetration? Seems suspect...

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    This I find interesting, especially since the MFDs have a long (er?) footprint but still use 9mm screws in the heel.. is the thought that the Tyrolias are drilled so far back on the ski there isnt enough material there for a full penetration? Seems suspect...
    The footprint of the binding itself is actually pretty standard. The rear-most holes are just for the tour switch lever, which also does not need the full 9.5mm of catch, as there is no structural stress on that piece. I mount my skis pretty far rearward, and there was easily enough depth to have used a 9.5 bit and standard length screw, but it's unnecessary.
    Last edited by weasel1; 01-06-2013 at 02:23 PM.

i've skied a few days on the adrenalins, no problems so far. never had dukes (only dynafits) so can't compare.

I just took the Liberty Skis version of the Tyrolia AAA Adrenalin binding out for the last two days at the resort. These are the exact same binding, but with Liberty graphics. I wanted to see how their downhill/hardpack/groomer/resort skiing performance was. I loved the way they ski. They feel extremely stable and I didn't notice any difference than my straight up alpine bindings on the exact same skis. I did not notice any side to side play and really railed some hard fast turns on them. The edge grip was great. That might be due to being higher off the ski than I am used to, similar to what you get when you use dorky ass riser plates from back in the day. The feel was great. I'm really fired up on the burly-ness of these and downhill performance. Even though I have not taken them out for a skin yet, the release to touring mode is amazing. You just stick a ski pole in the back and voila, you are touring. I like the look of the different climbing bar heights. Overall, I think this is a way better option than the Duke or Baron in terms of downhill performance and ease of going to touring mode. It just feels like a really solid downhill binding that hopefully tours very well.

^^^ I would echo that assessment on the down. The tour mode has a few niggling quirks, but no more than any other. The climbing bail system is outstanding, period.

Does the bottom of the binding have this open pattern or have they covered the holes in the production version? It seems like it would pack with snow instantly.

Bumping this up. Anyone have any more time on these? If so, how are they holding up?

The more I use them, the happier I get.... Ditto for my brother. Ease of BSL length adjustment makes sharing super easy also.

I'm blown away there is not more buzz about this binding. It seems way more solid than the Duke or Guardian. All I hear about the Guardian is the heel slop. This has no heel slop. I think I like the way it skis better than my alpine downhill bindings. it's a burly ass binding that is light and skis well. What more can you ask for? Took a quick skin last weekend, and found no problems with the up. The climbing bar positions are pretty well thought out. Hit a couple mild 10-15 foot drops and purposefully tried to stomp the landing pretty hard. No issues. This is probably the only binding I would put on my skis at this point. I also took some mogul laps to see if i could find a problem. No issues. I only have about 8 days on them so far, but i am extremely happy and feel sorry for those still on dukes and guardians.

Quote Originally Posted by d542east View Post
    Does the bottom of the binding have this open pattern or have they covered the holes in the production version? It seems like it would pack with snow instantly.
    Apparently not till the 13/14 model year: "Tyrolia -
    "The opened celled plastic frame of the beta version shown last year has been sealed for this year.""
    http://www.earnyourturns.com/15367/o...gs-for-201314/

Quote Originally Posted by cheesehead View Post
    Thanks for checking.
    None of the three pair we have currently have this. May want to check in with a dealer to see if there is something awry with your pair.

Quote Originally Posted by angler99 View Post
    It seems way more solid than the Duke or Guardian. All I hear about the Guardian is the heel slop.
    This has been covered many times before, but... The heel slop on the Guardian/Tracker is part of the design to let the ski flex more naturaly and eliminate the flat spot underfoot. You can't feel it when actually skiing.
    VICTORY!

Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    That said I have some adrenalines on order I like the idea of the lower stack height.
    The stack height is identical to the Dukes/Barons/Tours.