Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Seeing as you did not know what he was up against at the time, I can forgive you. Besides, anyone who slags on Bill and Ben on the interweb is a-okay in these books.

But back to the Summit. I'm not going to go into a big trip report because most things have been adequately covered from various sources. As can be gathered it was another rip-roaring rowdy good time for this maggot. As always, reconnecting with interdweebs is a hoot, as is meeting new ones and reconfirming that my daily doses of TGR are not for nothing. There is something inherently cool about visiting a new mountain and never being in short supply of people to ski with, people to hang with, and people to just fuckin' be with.

More specifically, thanks to the roos once again for being so friendly, entertaining and just plain fun to be with (despite the hard circumstances). Thanks to Mit and Lifty McDumb-Dumb for giving in to my suggestion and taking a chance on this Summit. I never really had a doubt, but it was still cool to see it all come off so smoothly (if a little on the phlegmy side).

Thanks to Kellie for the morning rallying and for the sharing of your smile and your time in Jackson even after you were put on the sidelines. Thanks to Cornholio for the idea of bringing the rocking chair outside. Thanks to weibo and shmerham and VTSkibum for the many shared turns and good humour. Low key hard charging skiers are a blast to ski with. Thanks to the Suit for the tour around the mountain. This is going to get waaay to extensive...so thanks to any maggots who made it out and kept spirits high either through skiing or partying.

And, of course, big props to Sherpa and Frozen and Karl for organizational duties. Much appreciated by all.

Anyhow, here's a little, low-key, non-gnar home video souvenior of some of our days. First part is a compilation of Jackson, second is the last Targhee day. Both are around 4 minutes and in the 20-30 MB range.

Jackson:
    http://www.angrywhelk.com/shinjuku/summit/summit05a.wmv

Targhee:
    http://www.angrywhelk.com/shinjuku/summit/summit05b.wmv

(thanks to basom for hosting)

Sick and ashamed and happy (and entering post-summit syndrome),
    d.

nice flava in those gin, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by mildbill.
    the princess is awake before 10am!
    The princess is now driving to class in her DISCO. Man, I wish I could be riding to class in a Jeep without heat or radio and with the extra nice feature of smelling like dog shit mixed with old riding clothes.

you should walk to class, so you can get some money from those dominican guys and you can stop asking me for cash all the time.

but remember, get the money before you sleep with them, mami.
    Last edited by mildbill.; 02-17-2005 at 08:11 AM. Reason: shit, one of my testicles just rolled into the mail room, i gotta go before it gets stepped on

Quote Originally Posted by mildbill.
    you should walk to class, so you can get some money from those dominican guys and you can stop asking me for cash all the time.

but remember, get the money before you sleep with them, mami.
    Oh good Christ, now that Mrs. Bill is on the board I'll never be rid of her

Hugs and Kisses, Jenny.

Mit is offline Con-Coccyxial Concussed
    Great Vids Gin

Nice work gin! I had a big smile on my face watching both of those!
    Great stuff!
    “Within this furnace of fear, my passion for life burns fiercely. I have consumed all evil. I have overcome my doubt. I am the fire.”

The top of Targhee... there are some more maggots over there....

I'm a dog rapist!
    It's idomatic, beatch.

Great vids Gin!

It was fun spending that hour or two with you at Alta. Hopefully we can make more turns in the future

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio
    The top of Targhee... there are some more maggots over there....

I'm a dog rapist!
    That kills me every time! So random, so roo.

Sick and ashamed and happy (and sorry I forgot to include Ubersheist's war cry),
    d.

So, the additional TR's have served the purpose of reminding me I need to get back to WY when I can ski granite cyn, no name, and all the other countless wonders that are the JH b/c . . . sooooo bummed I had to miss out! Oh well, I suppose.

What an amazing place, and what an amazing group of folks to share it with! Thanks to everyone for the laughs, turns, good times, and tour guiding!!!!!

here you go kellie. more fuel for getting back. i added these to my tr, but i'll just throw em here too.

jackson vid

and some head cam action from our last day.

alta head cam

files are both large. sorry.

Nice action, basom! Some of your line choices through the trees of Alta sure make us East Coasters proud.

As for the rest, I have learned three things:

1. Filming powder is best done from the front. I will make a note of this next time I set up.
    2. You boys like to ski fast and make big turns. I will make a note of this next time I try to follow you.
    3. I need to get equipped for bc.

Sick and ashamed and happy (and this rambling report has it all),
    d.
    "Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward."
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Mit is offline Con-Coccyxial Concussed
    Those vids were WEEEED-Kid. The Flowerpot Men and friends rock.

Thumbs up

Thank you Gin for the video, again just what I needed to keep the fires burning inside. Played cards last night and told of the skiing and this just reinforce the memories and made me all warm inside. Awesome music selection by the way, the Spirit of the West definatly made me think of how I felt Sat night and through the drive Sunday (and gave me fuzzy memories of many nights watching them).

This is the first video hat I have seen of myself this year and thanks to Gin I can see where my technique still needs improvement, the Summit the gift that keeps on givin'.
    Move along nothing to see here.

on the pointy end, calling the line, swearing my fucking ass off
    east coast tree steeze represent.

The videos are sweet bas. They are incredible. Amazing.

You guys ski like medieval warriors. Its nice to have the alta one to remind myself of how great a day that was. Plus, my 3 second cameo before the glory hole run was SICK.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy
    You guys ski like medieval warriors
    slow and clanky?

I think that would accurately describe our billygoat run of misery through bomb bay chute on saturday.

cue headbutting of snow.
    Last edited by stump832; 02-18-2005 at 10:53 AM.

look, i'm pointing out a line for you with my pole. it must go, i mean, look, i'm pointing at it, with extra wrist english.

i must point like a medieval warrior.

hey everyone! come see how good i point!

sooo clunky.

bas, we need some frame grabs of bill taking out his anger on the snowpack on saturday.

also, the more pointing, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by base
    crunky clunky pic
    touche honkey

Thumbs up

snow punching sequence is in the works