Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1447
    For those of you with spring plans to do Baker via the standard coleman glacier route, the road washed out yesterday 7 miles from the trailhead. It is still passable on foot or by bike, but they have no money to try and get it re-opened for cars anytime soon.
    smoke crack and worship satan

Sounds like a fun day... wishin I woulda gone... stupid chores. Moving into a new place.

Last weekend, as promised:

On early morning review of conditions, I chose to stay home and fire up some Sunday morning smells of bacon and eggs, fried tomatoes and toast.

After howls of Sunday comics and morning ragings, did Frisbee and yes, gaHdening, laying in the bulbs that brighten and plants that provide, then bikerides and books.

I missed going up, but it was a good exchange since I can't do it all.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Fun, if at times damp weekend. Thanks all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Fortune loop yesterday (Sunday 5/19). Fun. Standard tour: ascended over Ingalls Pass and above Headlight Basin to Fortune SE ridge, descended ridge then SE aspect bowl. A slomo hisser caught me up high in the bowl and trapped a ski but I managed to stop and not ride it out. Below that were lots of fun turns. Skied down to c. 300' verts above where we typically deski this time of year. Should be plenty of turns on N aspects (Headlight Basin side) and in the SE bowl for the next 3 weeks or so, but plan to do some walking. Looking pretty bony up towards Longs Pass, but we saw ski tracks on the patches. Big group of skiers on Fortune summit, all with Fritschi bindings and most with no more than intermediate skills. They were courteous and let is ski by.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    According to NOAA there will be fresh snow this week as well!
    The new snow over what's there could set up some big ass hisser potential. Be careful out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve View Post
    The new snow over what's there could set up some big ass hisser potential. Be careful out there.
    Hey it's summer, we're used to the hissy fits.

String is offline PowderdDonutsMakeMeGoNuts
    Took some evening/sunset runs around snow lake. I've never seen so much frozen dog shit in my life. First hundred yards out of lot 4 is nasty. Snow was was spring radness after 7pm. Watched an epic PNW mtns and clouds sunset behind Roosevelt. Mind blown. Wonder gully still goes, same with east and west gullies to snowlake. Roosevelt is rideable from top to bottom.

So I talked the lady friend into trying her hand at touring, but alas she has only inbounds gear. Starting off with some light meadow-skipping Sat. or Sun around St. Helens, leaving Seattle for Yakima, then over to the mountain. Anybody have or know of someone who has gear that they wouldn't mind lending out? Or a shop that's still renting gear this time of year? Compensatory beer and collateral would be provided, of course and would pickup/drop-off. She's ~140, 5'6, size 26-27MP if boots are available.

Thanks!

Not cheap, but Marmot in Bellevue will rent AT gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    Or a shop that's still renting gear this time of year?
    ProSki on Aurora or in North Bend, Marmot in Bellevue.

auvgeek, jesski and i got out in the colchuck area yesterday. a late start and hints of rain kept us off anything noteworthy, but the views were still killer.

DSC_3714 by shroom32, on Flickr
    (lens could use a cleaning)

colchuck_lake by shroom32, on Flickr

DSC_3719 by shroom32, on Flickr
    Last edited by shroom; 05-20-2013 at 11:33 PM.

Adams

Local crew took advantage of a brief window to hit Adams yesterday. Left the truck at 2:30am at the end of the 150 rd @ ~4500ft. Bushwacked up through the old burn until we hit the snipe trail. 1.6 miles to reach skinable snow. Went up along the lava bed then took a ramp up into the maze.

Sunrise over the maze

Made it to the base of Pikers a little after 8, boiled some water and had some tea while things softened up. Pikers was crampon or ski crampon required territory for the last couple hundred. Got to the top of Pikers to find pow and that I had thrown the wife's gray/pink helmet and goggles with flowers on them in my bag instead of my own. Pow and Helens.

Given the long ass traverse back to our up trail we took a break instead of topping out. We dropped into the chutes to find pow/wind affected fresh over ice with death cookies. Decided to send it thinking it would get better down lower and it did. Things got pool table smooth and ripe after a few hundred. Opening it up ...

Requisite chutes/Helens pic

Then a long ass traverse. Made it back through the lava maze with the aid of the gps.

And through the woods back to the truck at 5:15.

Long day, but untouched perfect corn in the sw chutes was worth it.

Almost a foot of fresh at chinook pass. Legit powder til 11. Kinda heavy after that then pretty mush after two. I skied powder today.
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Almost a foot at Mt. Bachelor today, super cold, dry pow. More to come this week. I also got my shred on in powder today!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    Almost a foot of fresh at chinook pass. Legit powder til 11. Kinda heavy after that then pretty mush after two.
    Crystal or Chinook tmw if you're interested.

I'm beat. Thanks for the invite. Get up early to beat the solars.
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

I'm interested and will be flailing around the Southern Resort for a couple of days this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I'm interested and will be flailing around the Southern Resort for a couple of days this weekend.
    I'll be there on Saturday. Black no graphic Lhasa's, blue jacket, black pants and silver helmet. Ahh, May.
    In drove this drunken madman and stopped on a dime! Unfortunately the dime was in Mr. Rococo's pocket!

It was pretty good for May 23rd

looks funner than milking leftover snowmaking patches....
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

Reset!!!
    Now I have to rethink my quiver for the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by NoPostholio View Post
    looks funner than milking leftover snowmaking patches....
    Yeah, but some times you have to rock-whatchya-got...

I'd like to get out this weekend if anyone needs a partner - Sunday or Monday preferred.. have to be back sooner Monday but with the weather its probably going to be best to call it mid-day anyway. I can drive/carry a few people. PM me

Location doesn't matter too much (I'm N of Seattle, S of Tac)- I'd like to ski pow, but we'll see

Wow pow in may! The pow must rule. I'd move there but hear its full of yuppie posers.

What you have to understand is that there is no such thing as powder snow in WA - so we have to resort to calling any snow with more than 3mm of ski penetration "Powder", even if it is an ungodly sloppy wet rotten pool of half frozen slushie. Also, it doesn't snow here, it just rains.

String is offline PowderdDonutsMakeMeGoNuts
    There was legit pow in the enchantments yesterday. Aasgard was fantastic until the main chute next to dragontail opens up. Mush after that.

Buttery uppers
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1369613742.633904.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	138121