Bozeman PSA: Owner of Nu 2 U is a dog murderer, boycott and tell your friends

So I should've made this thread a long time ago, but was pretty torn up about it all. The bottom line though is the owner of Nu 2 U Thrift Store is bat shit crazy and armed. Long story short: I roomed with one of my best friends in a house that was about as close to paradise as we could've ever hoped. We lived on 3 acres of a 40 acre plot with 5 houses about a 1/2 hour from BZN. All the houses including Shawn's had dogs and none were fenced. The caretaker of our house even had chickens he let run around his yard. Both of our dogs never caused any property damage or acted aggressively toward anyone. Neighbors verify this.

One Saturday morning about a week after Bill and I had returned from AK, he blew off Bill's dog Foxy's head. She was in our yard when he did this. The dude sells guns and has a federal fire arms permit, but is obviously not stable He was charged with aggravated animal cruelty and criminal reckless endangerment, both felonies. Billy was too torn up to take it to trial, so he took the county attorney's rec, and went for a plea deal which reduced the charges. Shawn plead guilty which got rid of the aggravated charge and took the reckless endangerment down to a misdemeanor. I'm pretty sure, had it gone to trial, the felonies would've stuck, but I understand Billy not wanting to go through that shit. Billy moved out right away and I stuck around for a few more months but should've probably bolted asap too.

This story might not make a lot of sense, but you can't explain crazy. Shawn's only defense was that it was, "An accident." So please don't support him and tell everyone you know around BZN that the dude abuses animals and is one of the lowest forms of a human being. Pretty messed up he got to keep his federal weapons dealer license too after committing a violent crime. At least a few articles were syndicated, so his name is pretty muddy on Google. Still won't bring back the dog though or relieve us of the horrible memories. I'll never forget going out into the yard and seeing blood all over the previous night's freshly fallen snow or helping Billy bury Foxy.

Park County man facing felonies after dog found shot
    http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com...cc4c03286.html

Park County authorities have issued a warrant for the arrest of an area man accused of shooting his neighbor's dog.
    Shawn Salveson, 41, is wanted on felony charges of attempted aggravated cruelty to animals and criminal endangerment for firing shots across Trail Creek Road, according to the criminal complaint filed last week by Park County Attorney Brett Linneweber.

Salveson has not been arrested. Bail on the warrant for his arrest is listed at $20,000, according to Park County officials....

"Billy was too torn up to take it to trial"

Not to be a dick but this is ridiculous. If he was really that torn up about it he would have sacked up.. Big picture I will not support nu t u.
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

Sounds like he knew the dog wasnt actually where you claim it was.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Sounds like he knew the dog wasnt actually where you claim it was.
    Are you an idiot? Magic 8 Ball says yes.

I agree with Nest. "Too torn up" about the death of a dog resulting in a criminal geting off without even a slap on the wrist = you are a ginormous pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by nest View Post
    "Billy was too torn up to take it to trial"

Not to be a dick but this is ridiculous. If he was really that torn up about it he would have sacked up.. Big picture I will not support nu t u.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post

I agree with Nest. "Too torn up" about the death of a dog resulting in a criminal geting off without even a slap on the wrist = you are a ginormous pussy.
    ..and I agree with these two fuckers^^^^^^^^^^^.

This fucking dick would at least be stripped of his FFL as well as all his privately owned guns if your friend/ex-roomate wouldn't have been such a delicate pussyflower loser. Your buddy not only let his murdered dog down, but he is directly responsible for every other critter this dumbfuck sick pud pile of shit blows away in the future. And I can garauntee you that will happen.

It would be really really cool if horrifically bad things somehow happen to SS and his fuckhead thrift shop, but the simple fact is that worthless piles of vomit like him get off because losers like your pal Billy can't cowboy the fuck up and stop being pussies. I have zero sympathy for your buddy. And don't tell me I don't know what it's like.

But yeah - boycott this fucker's shop and do everything WITHIN THE LAW to make him suffer. I absolutely DO NOT advocate vigilante justice.

You friend let the guy walk, no point in complaining about it now.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Just to be clear, it was the county attorney's rec to take the plea bargain. Shawn already had one of BZN's big time lawyers on retainer. If it was my dog, which it easily could've been, I would've done everything to make sure that scum bag got the max penalty. Unfortunately, MT is probably one of the best states to shoot a dog if you're looking to get off. However, taking the plea bargain meant a guaranteed conviction, which is what he got.

The dog was obviously in our yard when he shot it, the fresh snow and blood proved it. It was a grim scene. The medium sized dog took a 30-06 round right in the skull. There was very little left of the dog's head. Being reminded of that image through a drawn out legal battle wasn't something Billy wanted. Especially considering the guy could've actually walked totally free if some Park County ranchers that hate dogs (very possible) made it onto the jury, or the county attorney/sheriff's deputy fucked up.

Think what you want, but the point of this thread is just to make sure that people don't support Shawn and his shop.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

"Guaranteed conviction" that resulted in what? A small municipal fine? The guy had to put in 4 hours at the local animal shelter? Wow - that's brutal.

Granted, it's now far too late to do anything about this guy legally (and I really want to reiterate that I absolutely do not advocate any kind of sickening, gut-churning violence or any other illegal activity against puds like this), but all Billy did was show this asshole that he can get away with killing people's pets for his own sick pleasure.

Guy's got an FFL and sells guns? I know of quite a few shops that have been shut down over very minor record-keeping/paperwork errors. Being a big gun guy, I'd really hate to see that happen to this guy.