Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Saudan Couloir was pretty good day. Okay, I wouldn't say EPIC, I may have exaggerated last time.
    But it was a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    Thanks, got the sweet product placement right there for ya, Pat!

all the cool kids hang out on facebook these days... and that's how you do a proper pillow smash, Lee!
    Lee doesn't weigh enough to smash pillows.

hey hey look who else is smashing pow. Nice shot on the W/B facebook -- Rugbydave

Quote Originally Posted by bcfreerider View Post
    Speaking of Facebook, I just had this shared with me via Doglotion. Apparently it was skier triggered. Didn't see any mention of it in the Avy report today.

Wayne Flann has some info on his blog today http://www.wayneflannavalancheblog.com

Did a tour out to Flute today. Nice weather with about 10 cm of untracked pow. Sunbowl skied well, and Flute was almost untracked when we got there.

A few mellow laps on the Peak today, 10cms champagne on packed pow, still some deep pockets.
    Looks like Excitation, Couloir, Cirque all got skied to some extent with no results.

Ready for another week of precip.
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Fun day on Blackcomb on Saturday, nice day out especially higher up in the afternoon. I think I spotted Lee on the glacier road, that toque looks familiar. Ended up bringing the rock skis and was glad I did in the trees.

here's a few bangers from teh weekend!

milking it on all the north facing aspects pays off

early season entrance to teetering.

its actually pretty deep in there

with a few features to make it interesting

I started to worry the whole thing might come down on my head!

super deep up against the rocks

literally choking on it

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Nice P11! Early season teetering!

Whistler was also going off yesterday. Felt like the good old days with lots of freshies off peak with mccore, postman, mullet and timberley. I love early season peak chair, I wish it never opened!

Quote Originally Posted by DyingToLiveToSki View Post
    Nice P11! Early season teetering!
    I love early season peak chair, I wish it never opened!
    Agreed! The Peak is a 45 min. easy skin from the Roundhouse, well worth the effort.

Yesterday was legitimately EPIC. Had great laps on West Cirque and Lesser Flute.

Lots of gorbies without avy gear out there...

Got a nice little tour this AM up to Peak. Saw HOJI on the way. Probably do some more laps this afternoon

On the subject of Avy conditions... We did a quick pit on flute. NW aspect snow base was about 110 cm. 10 cm of recent storm snow. Nov 5 layer was down about 100cm.

Nov. 5 layer.

Compression test results:
    25cm @ CTM16 RP
    33cm @ CTM19 RP
    100 cm @ CTH 27 RP

Quote Originally Posted by Neuro View Post
    On the subject of Avy conditions... We did a quick pit on flute. NW aspect snow base was about 110 cm. 10 cm of recent storm snow. Nov 5 layer was down about 100cm.

Nov. 5 layer.

Compression test results:
    25cm @ CTM16 RP
    33cm @ CTM19 RP
    100 cm @ CTH 27 RP
    Were you with Jeff Van Driel?

Pattison on Sunday was super fun. We b-lined it out there, then skied Decker on the way back, & finished off with Husume by Headlamp.
    The snow quality varied depending on aspect, but overall was pretty good.
    Skiing the glacier ski road by headlamp made it difficult to spot rocks. The sparks were entertaining...

Last edited by Axelerate; 11-26-2012 at 07:02 PM. Reason: make pictures work

Quote Originally Posted by Fejau View Post
    Were you with Jeff Van Driel?
    No, must have been one of the other groups out there. There was probably 15-20 people between some folks on Flute/lesser Flute, and what looked like an AST1 course in the middle of symphony amphitheater.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuro View Post
    No, must have been one of the other groups out there. There was probably 15-20 people between some folks on Flute/lesser Flute, and what looked like an AST1 course in the middle of symphony amphitheater.
    Yeah, I was one of those.
    It was good though, had some nice freshies around Pig's Fancy.

This little high pressure is awesome. Been out working on my touring legs and a tan the last few days. Got a nice sunset ride in too!

last skin of the day up 7th

moon rising over the spearhead

sun setting over Black Tusk

skied false face in the evening alpen glow

the spririt pow raven came out to play and told me it was gonna be an EPIC season...

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Nice Moonrise shot!

Nice pics P11, especially the sunset on Black Tusk.

Did I miss this years Duffey thread, I know Aussie, Vantage, Cayoosh were all skied in the last few days, just looking for some more beta.
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Nicely played P11.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post

skied false face in the evening alpen glow

Beautifully done.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Farcisimus View Post
    Did I miss this years Duffey thread, I know Aussie, Vantage, Cayoosh were all skied in the last few days, just looking for some more beta.
    It's on crackbook and i tagged you in the obs. Lots of bush down low - moreso in Vantage than Cayoosh. 50 - 80 valley floor . Reasonably filled in on Windward slopes above 1800. The obs don't post here. I'm the only one apparently interested in a duffey thread and given that it met with a resounding yawn last year I probably won't bother.

Wait, who's dyingtolivetoski or whatever? B-rad?
    Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Powder

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    I'm the only one apparently interested in a duffey thread and given that it met with a resounding yawn last year I probably won't bother.
    The beta and stoke is much appreciated and has helped me with planning several times. Most people just don't get out enough to contribute. Maybe post Duffey info in the Whistler thread?