Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cakehole Dec 21st, 2012.jpg 
Views:	1401 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	128737
    Friday was pretty good...

Last edited by Clownshoe; 12-26-2012 at 10:36 AM.

Last weeks meadow skipping

Went up and skied the 24th and 25th. Good call. Yesterday, especially, was dead. I did a couple Blackcomb Glacier laps and I felt like I was the only one back there. Despite no new snow the wind had filled things in nicely.

Anyone up for a mellow day of Blackcomb slackcountry tomorrow? My usual touring partner is out of town for the holidays. Definitely not looking for a Lee Lau death march just a couple runs with hopefully fresh turns, maybe something off Decker.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    waited at teh Horstman hut until they kicked us out and scored a couple of last run bangers with my new camera today...

Max lighting up the alpen glow pow

just makes you want to go ski 7th Heaven

nice and deep

another sunset pow session comes to an end

but Max has his Lhasa pow's workin the christmas eve late shift with Santa

Nice pics!

you continually bring it pow11. love the 7th heaven shot. thanx

Great stuff, Toby! Haven't been on the boards in ages, but figured i'd find some good ol' stuff and familiar faces in this thread

Prime rib had a nice crown and stepped down to what looked like the glacier. Lifty said a groomer triggered it early this morning.

Kalisto came back for Christmas from the far off land known as Swedonia so we toured up Gin peak for a little exercise and some new sights to see..... some pow farmer had already diligently broken trail for us the whole way so we had a nice quick trek up and got to enjoy some light fluffy goodness through the multitude of sexy cliff bands and pillow lines that I had no idea gin boasted..... picture stoke to follow when he gets around to editing today's shots...

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel99 View Post
    Great stuff, Toby! Haven't been on the boards in ages, but figured i'd find some good ol' stuff and familiar faces in this thread
    awesome, Tim! Gonna do my best to be Jackson bound this winter! and now for something completely different...

my wife and sons ripping up the magic chair!

kid sandwich

mommy got yelled at by ski patrol for this one!

you know you've got a handful when your 2 yr old doesn't want you to hold him on the chair and keeps looking at the ground saying "down, off"

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

^ love it. Saw those on FB.

tell the Mrs. to behave! haha

would love to show you around jackson. bring that shirk character with ya

Nice day for a walk around Cowboy & Russet area

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	423342_10200169586102924_1932133313_n.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	216.7 KB 
ID:	129092  

A buddy took this one of RugbyDave and I last season on Disease ridge. Pretty cool effect.

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by TeCeBe View Post
    Prime rib had a nice crown and stepped down to what looked like the glacier. Lifty said a groomer triggered it early this morning.
    Here is what it looked like today:

Hello,

Firstly, thanks for the stoke I've been receiving from here for a while now.

Secondly, anyone heading up to see the fireworks from above tonight? Any advice on best route up/viewpoints?

Quote Originally Posted by blomeasap View Post
    Here is what it looked like today:

while that looks pretty bad, it's not really a significant event in relation to snowpack stability considering it was triggered by a snowcat digging into the glacier to create a traverse and pretty much happens every season about this time.

Any mags going up to Whistler next weekend? Coming over from the island and looking for a ride Fri night from horseshoe bay and a lift back to the ferry on Sunday. Any help?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using TGR Forums
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

try these if you haven't;
    http://whistler.en.craigslist.ca/rid/
    http://www.hitchwhistler.com/

I always put up a post on both if I'm driving between here and van/victoria, having gas paid for is pretty sweet

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    Any mags going up to Whistler next weekend? Coming over from the island and looking for a ride Fri night from horseshoe bay and a lift back to the ferry on Sunday. Any help?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using TGR Forums

You still trolling at the shine? heading to whist from banff on the 4th and back on the tenth if your coming back this way
    Webisodes, Blogs, Words and Photos all right here-------->www.chasingsnowflakes.com

Had a nice run through bony basin yesterday afternoon. Conditions were perfect. Nice watching Maxim charge such a high consequence line with speed and fluidity. Hopefully we see him go full tilt on it in an edit coming soon.

On Sunday we found some nice untracked snow in the sun. Not much purely untracked left in the slackcountry.

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post

On Sunday we found some nice untracked snow in the sun. Not much purely untracked left in the slackcountry.
    Nice shot and good to bump into you the other day... thanks again for the delicous christmas cookies! With Maya's cooking and baking, you would probably weigh 400 lbs if you didn't ride your bike all over creation. Looks like mother nature is going to hit the refresh button on us this weekend. woot! woot!

On Monday we went and skied the north face of Decker and barely managed to get some untracked lines down it (there was poor vis when we passed under it on the way up, thought it wasn't that tracked, then the light cleared after we got up). The snow had a bit of wind effect but was still soft. I counted about 20 people skinning up as we were about to descend around noon. Bodybag after actually had much better quality snow however brief it is.

No pics as my new phone does not want to power on in the cold even with a full battery and I always forget the camera. Hope we get some snow asap.
    Last edited by gramboh; 01-02-2013 at 10:53 PM.

Need to get some new AT boots. Can someone suggest a boot fitter for AT boots in Whistler/Van/Squamish? Would go to Fanatyk Co but they don't have any of the boots I want.

Skied Decker 9th hole on Tuesday. Still lots of fresh. Great day. It seemed everyone skied the same spot I'n the poor lite on Monday and left rest of the slopes untracked. Still even getting some fresh I'n kybers on the way home but some new snow is always welcome.