Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by D(C) View Post
    ^

Did the alpine opening decoy make Whistler crowded or were lineups pretty good there as well?
    Got crowded for an hour. Banged out a bunch of laps walking up to Glacier Road, Patrol cleared to the top of the T-Bars 1030ish(not like WB Operations is ever going to open the T-Bars, that might be a couple minimum wage Aussies they'd have to pay)
    Lots of passive groups of twos and threes which made lift lines irrelevant. Boomer/Gun Barrels/VDs all abound with faceshots.

I'd save your gas money. It really wasn't that good up there today.
    Terrible grooming. Couldnt see anything
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    and it's snowing in the valley, could make the roads slick, might wanna stay in the city till it goes bluebird next weekend.
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Terrible grooming. Couldnt see anything
    Whistler sucks, it's always such a white out. Also I got stuck a whole bunch of times.

Quote Originally Posted by D(C) View Post
    Today didn't suck. Lots of pow, no crowds (on Blackcomb). All win.

Did the alpine opening decoy make Whistler crowded or were lineups pretty good there as well?
    quit lying. it was the worst day ever.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by 50degrees View Post
    Anyone up there today care to comment? Alpine still looks on lock-down. How's the snow on Blackcomb side? Questions, questions, questions...
    Prob going to make the drive from Vancouver tomorrow if the wife is game for our first day out this season...
    Don't be a weenie; just go skiing. I skied Ego Bowl over and over today and it was awesome. The Green chair lineup was out of the corral but I'm sure Garbanzo was short and sweet.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Dog View Post
    Don't be a weenie; just go skiing. I skied Ego Bowl over and over today and it was awesome. The Green chair lineup was out of the corral but I'm sure Garbanzo was short and sweet.
    Yeah, yeah....probably going. This will be the wife's first day out since her ACL tear last year so she's understandably nervous....

84 in 48, so sick....so glad I moved away this year......

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    Word.

The green grass, rain and 11 degree temperatures here are kind of putting a damper on things.

It's all a bunch of marketing lies... don't believe the hype!
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

they forgot to mention the 40% water content and quote that in cementons

right at the lights, straight on till night
    They dropped the gates on Harmony today and it was the tits.

1st line down Harvey's was all-time. 60 cents of bottomless tree protected blower.

Peak on deck for tomorrow.

Sorry did I say that out loud? It sucks up here.
    when everything in the world is at its darkest, it takes a big man to kick back and party.

40% water content ..was a ok for me today....great day on the hill....about 6 laps on Harmony in the afternoon with faceshots in a few places right up until close.

Great skiing this weekend, pillows popped etc. Wish I wasn't so busy at work, would love to get a crack at Peak opening.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    they forgot to mention the 40% water content and quote that in cementons
    yep. It's terrible. Another 22cms of that crap overnite.

I only do 99% cocoa.

more shit snow today... walked all the way up to west cirqe and had to suffer through 42.9% water content waist deep snow. happy to do my part packing down a nice base for the rest of yo guys.

sounds horrible, I hate that shitty coastal snow

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    more shit snow today... walked all the way up to west cirqe and had to suffer through 42.9% water content waist deep snow. happy to do my part packing down a nice base for the rest of yo guys.
    I found similar awful conditions in Upper VD's and even worse in Christmas trees, the only reason I did a trio of Peak laps was to help out with some skier compaction.
    Could there be a direct relationship between these conditions and the GSA's recent manifesto?

Many thanks to Clownshoe and crew for getting things done, and how about the jokers stuck waiting for JC
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Farcisimus View Post
    I found similar awful conditions in Upper VD's and even worse in Christmas trees, the only reason I did a trio of Peak laps was to help out with some skier compaction.
    Could there be a direct relationship between these conditions and the GSA's recent manifesto?

Many thanks to Clownshoe and crew for getting things done, and how about the jokers stuck waiting for JC
    VD's was downright awful. So much snow in there you could barely move. Don't even get me started on those big clumps of snow sitting on rocks and whatnot that exploded when you skied into it. Maybe tomorrow there will be some groomed runs.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    VD's was downright awful. So much snow in there you could barely move. Don't even get me started on those big clumps of snow sitting on rocks and whatnot that exploded when you skied into it. Maybe tomorrow there will be some groomed runs.
    Dude, 18 cement-imeters tonight, good luck with that crap. It's only going to get in your googles and pie hole as soon as you step off the groomer.

I rest my case. No sun and shit awful grooming. Terrible light. Why aren't we moving to Colorado anyway and practising heart carving?

Damn it's snowing again. Sorry guys, don't expect much grooming tomorrow because its gonna dump all day. Apologies

man, this seems a lot like several years in a row of shitty early season for you guys...
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

to be honest... I'm thinking about moving to Tahoe. It's always bluebird and deep there.

and maybe now your whistler pass will be good at Squawpine Meadows at Tahoe
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Glad I left to go to school. Fuck.
    Try numero ocho. Corner or a couch for 3 weeks from december 14th? Will pay for it happily!! Just really need a place to keep my boots warm, and a place to throw my sleeping bag.