Page 1 of 48 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 1181
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    North Vancouver
    Posts
    6,185

    Whistler Stoke and Conditions - 2012/2013

    Opening week 2009


    Let's cross our fingers for an opening like we had in 2009.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Beautiful BC
    Posts
    2,765
    I was there on Saturday and there's still snow in the Saddle and Whistler Bowl. Go git some.

    The village was busy for the end of September but I guess the warm dry weather helps.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    North Vancouver
    Posts
    6,185


    Still a patch of snow up in Sudan.


    Not much left up on Currie either.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Whistler
    Posts
    260
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    3,350
    Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    Opening week 2009


    Let's cross our fingers for an opening like we had in 2009.
    Thanks for that. The video got my stoke going. November '09 was so rad.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Whistler
    Posts
    1,628
    Opening day 2011.



    Early season sled-skiing near Whistler in December 2011.



    Fingers cross for another phenomenal winter! Wooooo!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    59
    Still pretty hard to get the mega-stoke on with the perfect riding conditions this past month....but those vids are making it hard to sleep....

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7,226
    ^no doubt... I'm going to enjoy the shit out of this amazing stretch of awesome weather. I hate to say it, but we are over due for a shit season. The nice thing about that is even the shit seasons are good here!
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    North Vancouver
    Posts
    6,185
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    I hate to say it, but we are over due for a shit season. The nice thing about that is even the shit seasons are good here!
    bingo.

    I've had a few people say "Oh I hear it's going to be a poor winter for skiing." My response is always meh, it's still going to be 10,000 times better than what I would get still living in Ontario. If a weekend'er like myself pics his extra days right it can be an awesome season. Just gotta time it right for what mid week days to take off when the snow does hit.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    bestcoast
    Posts
    1,489
    don't worry, I moved away, it'll be a huge year

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7,226
    Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    bingo.

    I've had a few people say "Oh I hear it's going to be a poor winter for skiing." My response is always meh, it's still going to be 10,000 times better than what I would get still living in Ontario. If a weekend'er like myself pics his extra days right it can be an awesome season. Just gotta time it right for what mid week days to take off when the snow does hit.
    It could rain dec/jan/feb and we would still get our entire season total in march/april for the win. The downside is having to mtn bike in Pemby... life is good!
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    25
    So stoked. So impatient. Is it snowing yet?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowdemon View Post
    So stoked. So impatient. Is it snowing yet?
    hike up and build a booter!
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    hike up and build a booter!
    Sounds like a perfect plan for a long weekend.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Whistler
    Posts
    260
    If this endless high pressure doesn't clear up soon I'm sacrificing some old gear to Ullr.

    Who wants to burn some shit?!!
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,505
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    ^no doubt... I'm going to enjoy the shit out of this amazing stretch of awesome weather. I hate to say it, but we are over due for a shit season. The nice thing about that is even the shit seasons are good here!
    08/09 was my first winter there with everyone saying it was the second worst winter statistically. If thats as bad as it gets I say "BRING IT ON!!!!!!!"

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    give'er eh!
    Posts
    1,381
    Got my 2013 season pass back in April so looking for a place. Anyone know of a fully furnished place Dec 15- April 15th for my wife and I? We are mature, professional type.

    Thx

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Van City and Whistler
    Posts
    1,982
    teamdirt is skiing again?...sheeettttt.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Home in the Highcountry
    Posts
    481
    Quote Originally Posted by GoNads View Post
    Opening day 2011.

    Early season sled-skiing near Whistler in December 2011.



    Fingers cross for another phenomenal winter! Wooooo!
    Love the edit Nadia - makes me want to roll with your crew, or put together a group to head out and enjoy our love. Appreciate the feeling the video gives. Not too long now and we will all be riding.
    An Evolutionary Rider

    www.PeaksforPeace.com

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    give'er eh!
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrain505 View Post
    teamdirt is skiing again?...sheeettttt.
    That's funny!

    Trying to decide which tall tee I should get so I fit in with the rest of the whistler peeps

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7,226
    Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    That's funny!

    Trying to decide which tall tee I should get so I fit in with the rest of the whistler peeps
    I roll with the old skool Celtics #33.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Van City and Whistler
    Posts
    1,982
    pow11 - in a tall tee?...sheeeeettttt.
    I thought you just started throwing haymakers whenever you saw them.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    QC-CDN
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    It could rain dec/jan/feb and we would still get our entire season total in march/april for the win.
    Hope not. Our yearly Western ski trip is at Whistler this season at the end of Jan. Pls dump shits amount of POW in Jan! No snow at Snowbird last season. Don't know if I can take two straight trips without POW! At least not the amount I would like.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    I roll with the old skool Celtics #33.
    Damn . I shot dice with Larry Bird in Barcelona

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrain505 View Post
    I thought you just started throwing haymakers whenever you saw them.
    heh, as much as the urge is there, I gotta be a role model these days. Have to teach the boys proper boxing technique.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •