Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Anyone know the name of this line (looker's right of Husume), saw tracks down it and another beside it yesterday, hadn't noticed it before and it looks steep. Might even be left of the red line and Google Earth has just folded the terrain a bit, not sure.

those are the feeder chutes. high and low. High one is always a sluffy ride, if your first in beware of a generally thinly covered rockband mid skiers left about midway between the choke and the entry. Bad place to hit rock and go flying left.
    edit: dont think it normally gets ridden from the start of the red line, at least i never have and dont think it fills in that well most of the time. mainly from the bench midway

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    edit: dont think it normally gets ridden from the start of the red line, at least i never have and dont think it fills in that well most of the time. mainly from the bench midway
    I think James McSkimming dropped in from above and skied the red line, so probably why Graham saw tracks on it like that. It's a mandatory 15-20ft air on to the ramp, so yeah, it doesn't get hit like that too often! Straightlining that ramp is like bungee jumping!

Blackcomb Snowmobile also offers good cat skiing in Brandywine. I've sled skied around the tenure and it appears they're skiing some cool stuff. Powder mtn tends to stick to the meadow skipping glacier stuff, but it will be deep pow over there as it blows in deeper than the resort on the west side of the valley.

Don't know much about the Hurley opertation, but as stated before, probably not a good day trip option.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Any one know how the crevasses are filling in on Shudder and Curtain? Heading out there Friday/saturday

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    I think James McSkimming dropped in from above and skied the red line, so probably why Graham saw tracks on it like that. It's a mandatory 15-20ft air on to the ramp, so yeah, it doesn't get hit like that too often! Straightlining that ramp is like bungee jumping!

Blackcomb Snowmobile also offers good cat skiing in Brandywine. I've sled skied around the tenure and it appears they're skiing some cool stuff. Powder mtn tends to stick to the meadow skipping glacier stuff, but it will be deep pow over there as it blows in deeper than the resort on the west side of the valley.

Don't know much about the Hurley opertation, but as stated before, probably not a good day trip option.

I filmed both their operations (sledding/catskiing) and the cat skiing is pretty good. Nothing too crazy though, mostly blue like runs. We hit the north east side of metal doom I believe but maybe there is better stuff on the other side of their tenure. They do locals rate if you are on their standby list.

Heading out to Bralorne next week for the Backcountry Picnic. Anyone got any beta on conditions out there right now? Any input on the outlook for the weather? Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by fivefourtwo View Post
    Heading out to Bralorne next week for the Backcountry Picnic. Anyone got any beta on conditions out there right now? Any input on the outlook for the weather? Cheers.
    its slim for snow just like most places but don't sit your ass down and your probably fine. Weather is a toss. Storm forecasted to appear tues on but inland who knows. Not much tree skiing to be had. Bring an extra liver.

Fingers crossed for some decent weather! Me and one other are going to be hanging around until the 21st if anyone is going to be in the area and wants to show a few guys from Revy around?

Sherpa's shooting Whistler backcountry with Cinesphere. Into the mind will be mind blowing for sure.

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Does anyone have any (or know anyone who has any) guest passes or discounted passes they want to get rid of? I'm coming up from Seattle for my annual buddies trip on Wednesday this coming week and would love to take 3 or more off your hands. PM me if you can help me out.

Just gave out my last one, got a couple of sightseeing passes still.

Talk to anyone who knows staff as lots were given discount passed for friends over Xmas. Ill ask around.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by lookinback View Post
    Phatty I have a line on some ticks Pm me for more info
    Thanks, just sent pm.

get ready... it's coming!

Can somebody recommend an AST 1 course in Whistler? Prefer mid-week and I'll need to rent a splitboard, but I'll be buying the rest of my gear this week.

Quote Originally Posted by spec47 View Post
    Can somebody recommend an AST 1 course in Whistler? Prefer mid-week and I'll need to rent a splitboard, but I'll be buying the rest of my gear this week.
    Whistler Alpine Guides Bureau
    or
    Canada West Mountain School

Oh well. A glass of Hawaiian punch is still better than an empty cup, last Sunday in the alpine was one of the best days of the season.

Indeed. Should get some decent skiing in tomorrow before it goes full pineapple.

WB weather calling for 1500m, snow-forecast says 1850m and Wayne 1800m Wed night. Not great at reading weather but this looks warm.

Cooling down at the end of the week at least.

I'm supposed to be coming up from Seattle on Wednesday through Saturday. How much is it going to suck? It looks like a big warm up Wednesday night through the middle of Thursday. WB also says gusts up to 80km on Wednesday, but other sites don't show wind that strong. Just trying to decide when to make the trip up there.

20cm overnight and still pumping fat flakes. Looks like a good ninja day, but alas I am working until 4.

Deep! nuking!

First few runs down Garbo were good, but it go really warm really fast. Alpine isn't opening so you just can't get high enough of whistler. Looks like glacier and 7th opened so Blackcomb was definitely the place to be!

Good runs out back over the weekend.

Attachment 134562Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1251.jpg 
Views:	320 
Size:	914.7 KB 
ID:	134563Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1279.jpg 
Views:	358 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	134564Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1300.jpg 
Views:	357 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	134565
    Last edited by uniboyskiier; 03-12-2013 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uniboyskiier View Post
    Good runs out back over the weekend.

Attachment 134562Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1251.jpg 
Views:	320 
Size:	914.7 KB 
ID:	134563Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1279.jpg 
Views:	358 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	134564Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1300.jpg 
Views:	357 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	134565
    Glaciers are alarmingly open in that neck of the woods too-- ugh

Realtime temps not looking so good

Cayoosh Pass

Current Weather (updated hourly)
    Cayoosh Summit - Hwy 99 03/12/2013 03:00:00 PM
    Location 39 km East of Pemberton
    Elevation 1350 m
    Air Temperature 2.6oC
    Precipitation since 0600 or 1800 9mm (water equivalent)
    Precipitation in the last hour? Yes
    Average Wind Speed 2.5 km/h
    Maximum Wind Speed 10.5 km/h
    Wind Direction W
    Road Surface Temperature 7oC

My 1st run this am was an epic south side deli... deep pow turns all the way down to the creek. Was even getting nice Lee Lau bum wiggle pow turns alongside the bobsled track at the sliding center on the ski out. Probably one of the best times I've skied it. It was so good, we went back up and skied the P2P liftline on the Whistler side. Huge sluffalanches on the way down, but the pillow line log drops were all time.

Today was a classic "if you're not 1st, you're last" with the amount of slabby slides when the alpine finally cracked. A few pockets here and there, but patrol did a good job of bringing it all down. Chainsaw was deep blown in refills after lunch. Not a bad day considering the fucky freezing levels and super slabby snow.

Blackcomb is always the place to be! It was deep today but a bit thick - so no points for 2nd place!

I love waking up in March to see 30+cm sitting on my deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntCok View Post
    Splat did tell me he liked his pussy like he liked his ski boots. I guess he meant dank, stinky and a bit packed out.