Page 1 of 48 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Whistler Stoke and Conditions - 2012/2013

Opening week 2009

Let's cross our fingers for an opening like we had in 2009.

I was there on Saturday and there's still snow in the Saddle and Whistler Bowl. Go git some.

The village was busy for the end of September but I guess the warm dry weather helps.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

Still a patch of snow up in Sudan.

Not much left up on Currie either.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    Opening week 2009

Let's cross our fingers for an opening like we had in 2009.
    Thanks for that. The video got my stoke going. November '09 was so rad.

Opening day 2011.

Early season sled-skiing near Whistler in December 2011.

Fingers cross for another phenomenal winter! Wooooo!

Still pretty hard to get the mega-stoke on with the perfect riding conditions this past month....but those vids are making it hard to sleep....

^no doubt... I'm going to enjoy the shit out of this amazing stretch of awesome weather. I hate to say it, but we are over due for a shit season. The nice thing about that is even the shit seasons are good here!
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    I hate to say it, but we are over due for a shit season. The nice thing about that is even the shit seasons are good here!
    bingo.

I've had a few people say "Oh I hear it's going to be a poor winter for skiing." My response is always meh, it's still going to be 10,000 times better than what I would get still living in Ontario. If a weekend'er like myself pics his extra days right it can be an awesome season. Just gotta time it right for what mid week days to take off when the snow does hit.

don't worry, I moved away, it'll be a huge year

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    bingo.

I've had a few people say "Oh I hear it's going to be a poor winter for skiing." My response is always meh, it's still going to be 10,000 times better than what I would get still living in Ontario. If a weekend'er like myself pics his extra days right it can be an awesome season. Just gotta time it right for what mid week days to take off when the snow does hit.
    It could rain dec/jan/feb and we would still get our entire season total in march/april for the win. The downside is having to mtn bike in Pemby... life is good!
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

So stoked. So impatient. Is it snowing yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdemon View Post
    So stoked. So impatient. Is it snowing yet?
    hike up and build a booter!

hike up and build a booter!
    Sounds like a perfect plan for a long weekend.

If this endless high pressure doesn't clear up soon I'm sacrificing some old gear to Ullr.

Who wants to burn some shit?!!
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

^no doubt... I'm going to enjoy the shit out of this amazing stretch of awesome weather. I hate to say it, but we are over due for a shit season. The nice thing about that is even the shit seasons are good here!
    08/09 was my first winter there with everyone saying it was the second worst winter statistically. If thats as bad as it gets I say "BRING IT ON!!!!!!!"

Got my 2013 season pass back in April so looking for a place. Anyone know of a fully furnished place Dec 15- April 15th for my wife and I? We are mature, professional type.

Thx

teamdirt is skiing again?...sheeettttt.

Quote Originally Posted by GoNads View Post
    Opening day 2011.

Early season sled-skiing near Whistler in December 2011.

Fingers cross for another phenomenal winter! Wooooo!
    Love the edit Nadia - makes me want to roll with your crew, or put together a group to head out and enjoy our love. Appreciate the feeling the video gives. Not too long now and we will all be riding.
    An Evolutionary Rider

www.PeaksforPeace.com

Quote Originally Posted by Atrain505 View Post
    teamdirt is skiing again?...sheeettttt.
    That's funny!

Trying to decide which tall tee I should get so I fit in with the rest of the whistler peeps

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    That's funny!

Trying to decide which tall tee I should get so I fit in with the rest of the whistler peeps
    I roll with the old skool Celtics #33.

pow11 - in a tall tee?...sheeeeettttt.
    I thought you just started throwing haymakers whenever you saw them.

It could rain dec/jan/feb and we would still get our entire season total in march/april for the win.
    Hope not. Our yearly Western ski trip is at Whistler this season at the end of Jan. Pls dump shits amount of POW in Jan! No snow at Snowbird last season. Don't know if I can take two straight trips without POW! At least not the amount I would like.

I roll with the old skool Celtics #33.
    Damn . I shot dice with Larry Bird in Barcelona

Quote Originally Posted by Atrain505 View Post
    I thought you just started throwing haymakers whenever you saw them.
    heh, as much as the urge is there, I gotta be a role model these days. Have to teach the boys proper boxing technique.