Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The Dream Factory made my brain hurt

The skiing was sick, as usual. But what's up with the fucking dubstep?!? It sounded like the same beat, over and over, pounding deep into my skull. A song or two would have been ok, but seriously, the whole movie?!? Come on guys, what happaned to the days of Bob Marley openers, Metallica for the hard charging segments, and a good mix throughout?

Enough with the electronic shit.

Thanks for listening to my rant...
    Skiing, whether you're in Wisconsin or the Alps, is a dumbass hick country sport that takes place in the middle of winter on a mountain at the end of a dirt road.
    -Glen Plake

I'd wanted to see Dream Factory after hearing good reviews, now not so much.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Haven't seen it yet and am still stoked to do so. That said... the tunes (dub step in particular) have been my issue in recent years.

Wish they would take a lesson from the Nimbus crew. Consistently awesome jams that appeal to more than just a small niche of one generation.
    "Some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God."

My Flickr Photostream

What! Reviewing the reviews of king of the road as i type. It sound fine ta mine
    "I, the undersigned,
    shall forfeit all rights, privileges, and licenses herein
    and herein contained, et cetera, et cetera . . . fax mentis
    incendium gloria culpum, et cetera, et cetera . . . memo bis
    punitor delicatum!" It's all there, black and white, clear
    as crystal! You stole Fizzy Lifting Drinks. You bumped
    into the ceiling which now has to be washed and sterilized,
    so you get nothing! You lose! Good day, sir!

You mean it's already cliche? ... What's next, skiing backwards and jumping up on a metal handrails .... Is nothing sacred?

I saw it last night; I will say the dubstep was a little much. But then again, it's not my style to begin with. I was still stoked on the movie though!

They could definitely learn from MSP when it comes to music selection... at least in recent years.

^^ Agreed. On a similar note, Superheros of stoke was definitely enjoyable IMO.

Dubstep is a crime.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Dubstep is a crime.
    Transformers fight music is hopefully a short blip on the musical radar... This has completely killed any desire I have to see this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by nickel View Post
    Transformers fight music is hopefully a short blip on the musical radar... This has completely killed any desire I have to see this movie.
    Agreed...
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Maybe try and think of it like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1733.JPG 
Views:	709 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	121600
    So hot right now

FWIW, I'm not a fan of 99% of the dubstep I've heard. In fact, MOST of it irritates the hell out of me.

I did notice ONE instance of annoying (to me) dubstep in the movie. I did not come away from it thinking it was overrun with it.

sooo....depends on your sensitivity level to it, I guess! It normally annoys me, and I did not really notice it. I thought they did a pretty spectacular job of making a movie about Alaska not an endless loop OF Alaska. I'd still go see it.

Iain

MSP had another killer soundtrack this year - especially the Metallica opening segment.
    go upside down.

I thought last years soundtrack was awesome, especially opening up with the road goes on forever

There is only one song in "The Dream Factory" soundtrack that can be classified as dub step.

Quote Originally Posted by cluster View Post
    There is only one song in "The Dream Factory" soundtrack that can be classified as dub step.
    If you start classifying music, it will lead to classifying people, and all of a sudden BOOM! we have another Holocaust

ergo: DubStep = Nazism

Quote Originally Posted by lpkdz View Post
    Maybe try and think of it like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1733.JPG 
Views:	709 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	121600
    Hehehe, yep, that's what it sounded like.

The skiing was rad, don't get me wrong. But I miss the days of Concrete Jungle. I'm only 24, and now I feel old, great...
    Skiing, whether you're in Wisconsin or the Alps, is a dumbass hick country sport that takes place in the middle of winter on a mountain at the end of a dirt road.
    -Glen Plake

yuck. I like some electronic music alright and it certainly has its place but all of the womp womp nonsense needs to stop

bunch of complaining whiners. just put on uprising again if you want the same music you have been listening to your whole life. thats what bob marley would do.

Quote Originally Posted by cluster View Post
    This!!! I hate Dubstep more than any of you, but you obviously do not know what Dubstep is. There was only one track in the whole movie from what I can remember. I really enjoy TGR's music selection as it usually varies. Listening to Classic Rock over and over again in MSP films is truly old and repetitive.

As far as the film...I did enjoy it, but I felt like I have seen this movie about 100 times already. Both TGR and MSP could stand to take some notes from Sherpas and Nimbus on originality.
    You should have been here yesterday!

Basom invented music so he knows what he's talking about.

Burning him dubstep cds since 97' yo!

what are you guys talking about?
    Life is not lift served.