Page 3 of 419 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Snow on Mt Washington this morning and due to a flat tire, I put on 1 snow tire this morning.

Sounds like winter to me.

Just checkin' in to say I had the unfortunate pleasure of breaking my right clavicle yesterday. I know Ullr prefers burned skis and naked women but this should count for something, right?

Wow, I log on Monday morning and ECRC6 is at page 3 already...

WINTER IS ALMOST HERE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by radam View Post
    Just checkin' in to say I had the unfortunate pleasure of breaking my right clavicle yesterday. I know Ullr prefers burned skis and naked women but this should count for something, right?

What did you do that for?!?

(I guess we'll take your sacrifice.)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOO

DOOD! Wha'happn'd?
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Heal up quickly my friend....how did you do it???
    always forward but never straight

DH, MTB at KMart would be my guess.
    lift served MTB is fucking Russian Roulette.
    it's only a matter of time, before you get broken.
    heal up dude!
    broken collar bone is wicked painful.
    vibes!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Looking forward to this season - hopefully ullr blesses magic a bit more this year.

Also, not sure if this has already been posted, but Ski VT is running a special with Liftopia right now. 3-day passes for $130 ($43.33/day) or 5-day for $205 ($41/day) and are good at: Bolton Valley, Bromley, Burke, Jay Peak, Killington, Mad River Glen, Magic Mountain, Middlebury Snow Bowl, Mount Snow, Okemo, Pico Mountain, Smugglers' Notch, Stowe, Stratton, Sugarbush and Suicide Six.

Downside is you can only do 1 day at each resort and there are blackout dates "during specified holiday periods (which vary by individual resort, but generally include the week between Christmas and New Year’s, the Martin Luther King Jr. long weekend and President’s week in February)."

Still, seems like a good deal if you want to stay flexible and try out some different resorts this season.

Got a tingle up my leg when I saw ECRC v.6, but it might be sciatica. It's October, Hutz is forecasting, signs of wintery mix in select areas, fall colors in full bloom, no more AC, time to test the furnace, Ullr fest in a few short weeks, ended the summer season with some lake fishing in northern PA. Caught a small perch with a shiner that was immediately hit by a 18" bass. 3 fish on a line and it didn't snap.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-09-29 11.08.38.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	121604
    Silent....but shredly.

jgb@etree Guest
    Bummer mang. Hope that's all healed up by the time the snow starts flying!

I wish it happened downhilling. I was on my way to a trailhead in lake placid yesterday. Moving fast and not paying attention to where I was going. Went over a grassy knoll and didn't realize the backside was a drop and not a smooth hill. Really stupid on my part. But what's done is done so now it's time to heal up and live vicariously through you guys. So keep the fall stoke coming!

grassy knoll

I'm calling conspiracy right now.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

I wish it happened downhilling. I was on my way to a trailhead in lake placid yesterday. Moving fast and not paying attention to where I was going. Went over a grassy knoll and didn't realize the backside was a drop and not a smooth hill. Really stupid on my part. But what's done is done so now it's time to heal up and live vicariously through you guys. So keep the fall stoke coming!
    Holy crap that sucks. Hope you heal up fast. What's the estimated recovery time?

Edit: Wikipedia says that you should be unrestricted after 3 months, so by the time the trees are filling in, you should be good to go.

As others have pointed out, the nice things about bones is that will heal (and can reform stronger then when they were broken.) So look forward to not only recovering, but to having a super-powered clavicle from here on out!

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    I'm calling conspiracy right now.
    It was near where they did the biathlon....

^so there was more than one shooter?
    somebody call Oliver Stone.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    ^so there was more than one shooter?
    somebody call Oliver Stone.
    or a second spitter?

Radam heal up buddy! It is early you will be back better than before! Stronger, faster . . .

BTW, I recommend the 420 over traditional painkillers. Less side effects.
    The Passion is in the Risk

Quote Originally Posted by nfaust View Post
    Looking forward to this season - hopefully ullr blesses magic a bit more this year.

Also, not sure if this has already been posted, but Ski VT is running a special with Liftopia right now. 3-day passes for $130 ($43.33/day) or 5-day for $205 ($41/day) and are good at: Bolton Valley, Bromley, Burke, Jay Peak, Killington, Mad River Glen, Magic Mountain, Middlebury Snow Bowl, Mount Snow, Okemo, Pico Mountain, Smugglers' Notch, Stowe, Stratton, Sugarbush and Suicide Six.

Downside is you can only do 1 day at each resort and there are blackout dates "during specified holiday periods (which vary by individual resort, but generally include the week between Christmas and New Year’s, the Martin Luther King Jr. long weekend and President’s week in February)."

Still, seems like a good deal if you want to stay flexible and try out some different resorts this season.

...nice!

jgb@etree Guest
    So who is headed up to Magic for the work day this Saturday? Anyone going to be up on Friday night to cause some trouble? Trying to decide if it's worth coming up Friday or if I should just day trip it on Saturday.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1349109487.467643.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	121629 Bring it Ullr

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    So who is headed up to Magic for the work day this Saturday? Anyone going to be up on Friday night to cause some trouble? Trying to decide if it's worth coming up Friday or if I should just day trip it on Saturday.

I'll be there Friday night, sipping heady toppers and bribing chef Jenn to make awesome food creations if that's company and trouble enough.

Missed you at the Peru Fair, DoWork. I'm guessing the clipping and cutting at Magic went on all day.

Quote Originally Posted by nfaust View Post

All set with the VT. ski passes for a little diversity to compliment my season K pass. Bummer is they're limiting purchases of the 3 day to only one this year. I'm sure some here know there are ways to work around this though.

There are also a boat load of ski club awareness days being offered by the majority of areas again this year for those who belong to a ski club. Most of them are an even better deal than the VT. Pass (3 day Stowe ticket for $98 for example or 2 day for $66).

I think I'm all set now. All we need is snow.

Here's hoping for an epic season.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Missed you at the Peru Fair, DoWork. I'm guessing the clipping and cutting at Magic went on all day.

Well it certainly did, but I really must apologize- I was not aware that the fair wasn't running Sunday too. I drove over there stoked for cider and fair goodies after breakfast Sunday only to find that I am a Peru fair n00b and I missed out completely.

I am now accepting ridicule and shame via PM. I'm pretty pissed I missed that party too, as I saw the flyer for the megga kegga on Sunday and I must say- I really let myself down this time. I NEVER miss a Goat Fucker set.

Stumpy missed out by publishing Legend before we could hand over all of our awesome POV stokage from the ECRC 6!

STRETCH THOSE TEES AND GAME ON BITCHES!

j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi