Page 152 of 419 FirstFirst ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... LastLast
Results 3,776 to 3,800 of 10468
    Wow checked out Mag rdnnhs blog http://alpine-live.com/

There is some real fine East Coast Stoke in there.

Highly Recommended

Hopping to see that Sugarloaf Video

Quote Originally Posted by drewvw View Post
    A few of us ventured into a classic touring venue and were rewarded with some very nice turns.

I'm proud to say I got there first and tired myself out before austin and his crew tracked out the place!

Also met AngrySwede and his special lady. We were the lucky ones who got up the earliest and hit the pow first.
    if ya ain't there 1st, you may as well not bother to go. nice one buddy.

Next stop, back to avalanche terrain.
    sunday. you drive this time

rog

Quote Originally Posted by the Cock View Post
    Augustwest- if menial labor helps shoot me a pm. As tc noted pages back i am quite adept at stocking shelves, bumping chairs etc..

Seriously though, I got a little time on my hands.
    I'm not a decision maker, just an interested party. Jim posted his email addy and it's in one of the earlier posts.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    i keep hearing about this 'focus' on snowmaking.
    when everyone else in south-central was taking advantage of the long November snowmaking window's, around the clock for day's on end.
    Magic didn't blow shit, thus forcing them to wait till xmas week to open.
    while all the other hills have been up and running since before Thanksgiving.
    sussing out any problems, making dollars, putting locals to work, and getting dialed for an incredible xmas week.
    it's a good, steep, north facing hill in south-central, but it's not a good ski area.
    Meh. It sounds easy but you can't compare Magic to Stratton, Snow, Bromley, or Okemo...just not the same league...and that's why so many of us like it. No corporate soul-sucking, just a bunch of folks trying their best to make a shit sandwich taste like Philly Cheese Steak. I hope they get the share money released soon so they can upgrade...they're def looking to buy a used, more modern lift.

Quote Originally Posted by VTsession View Post
    Looks like Magic learned their lesson last week. Running a single, often problematic lift during a holiday week is a dangerous game. They should have that black lift ready to turn at a moment's notice.
    If it was easy and affordable, it would have been done. The amount of work still needing to be done makes MLK weekend a possibility for the Black Chair, but I wouldn't bank on it. The Red Chair is definitely the more reliable of the 2 and that's the hand we're dealt. Most pass-holders know this and deal with the risks. It was a shame that we lost a lot of future potential pass-holders because of the debacle of last weekend. A friend said, "mark this day on the calendar (12/29); this is the start of Magic's decline to NELSAP." I hope not...

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    Over the New Years holiday, I had some fun...some disappointment...and some fun.
    Skied Day 1 (12/27) at Magic...had fun in deep snow.
    Attachment 129245

Woke up on Day 2 to this:
    Attachment 129234
    Talisman was phenominal...as was most everything.

Day 3, I woke up and went for my first skin session ever. I was the only one on the mountain:
    Attachment 129236
    and the trees bowed before me:
    Attachment 129237
    The red chair looked like it would for the remainder of our stay
    Attachment 129238

So we headed to Okemo and skied hero conditions all day. We took the next day off b/c this guy was beat:
    Attachment 129239

Based on a recommendation (Thanks Butta), we went to a local ski shop and picked up these guys:
    Attachment 129243
    After some intial analysis, they did the Fischer Vacuum process on the boot. Pretty cool stuff. The next morning, I took my skis back for binding adjustment (Thanks Butta)...and skied the rest of the day at Okemo (again in solid conditions...we did laps under the South Express Quad and there were almost no crowds at all).
    Then, before heading back to DE, we rang in the New Year at BLT. Happy New Year everyone:
    Attachment 129244
    -Smarty
    I keep missing you. 27th was one of the best days I've had in the last 4 years. Mrs West and I were at the BLT until about 10:30 on 12/31...we're old farts so had to retire early. I did get in a skin on Monday morning...mostly wind buffed but Green Line didn't suck.

Someone else was asking about Friday at Magic (can't remember who...) According to Jim Sullivan, they're pointing toward a Saturday re-opening. I'll be there Sunday only this weekend.

More Training for UT.

Old midstation

Ice bulges

Face Shots

I cleared this cliff line last October with hopes of skiing it last winter. HA. Better luck this round.
    Tom up top

Tom coming down

Videos

Faceshots.

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    I haven't been to Magic since 2010, so it was most likely Radam.
    I suspect you are correct. Apologies to both.

tbatt that one is legit! nice man!

Awesome stoke all around again. Hope this trend keeps up.

Congrats on the powder story rdennhs

Heavy snow overnight and this morning made for a perfect refresh blower layer today. Private land access 3k+ BC is the best, no one skis here but us, never have to worry about getting there at 2pm like we did today.

Nearing the summit

Last edited by thin cover; 01-02-2013 at 09:36 PM.

^^ Straight up killing it, dood.
    go Go GO!

23-24: 36. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

NICE! Second to last one is my favorite, looks like you guys scored!

also, i need a beard. now. and a private powder stash.

Glad to see everyone getting after it on the EC!

TC, some great pics as usual. That looks like a pretty sweet area.

Sage, Graydon and I have been in AK for 6 days now and have been rewarded with 3 25+ inch days already and 160'' over the last 10 days. We are gearing up to head out to the cabin and get off the lift once things start settling down with this ridiculous storm system. Stoke will be incoming. Keep shredding for us back east! We look forward to seeing everyone when we get back.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    I suspect you are correct. Apologies to both.
    No Apologies needed!
    Last edited by tBatt; 01-03-2013 at 08:03 AM.

Newsflash: its fucking cold out there this AM. 2* at my place in Brunswick, NY. Was going for an early tour, saw that and said fuck it I'll go back to bed.

Did get out yesterday though, cold temps have really done an awesome job preserving the snow and I was able to find some 3-4" of recycled blower

Last edited by laseranimal; 01-03-2013 at 06:18 AM.
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

160" in 10 days , enjoy. Thinking about March at this point.

-9.8`bluebird bob, going to feel good working inside today.

Tbatt slaying teh gnar before he leaves the East.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

-14.8deg at 7am here at 1600' in SoVT.

Brah-mley cranked the guns all night (not sure if that's good or bad, though). I do know my buddy texted last night that the side country is open for business.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    160" in 10 days , enjoy.
    Famous pron stars don't even get that much!

T-Batt, drive safe. Looks like a dry week for cross country travel. We will be in Solitude, Utah, next Thursday for a long weekend. We'll be down in SLC to watch Pats game Sunday if you are interested.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by DRZ1050i View Post
    Any of you peoples ever go/ been to Gore? Thinking about taking a day trip there later this week, heard they have fun trees but really don't know what to expect.
    Gore has some great terrain, including a lot of legit trees. I haven't been up there this year, but it looks like they got hit pretty good by the last couple of storms. Straightbrook and High Peaks chairs have always been the go to for steep, expert trails. Now they have opened up the woods between the cut trails. The new Burnt Ridge chair services a lot of new glades, generally not as steep as the stuff up top.
    If it's too loud, you're too old

Tbatt nice stoke and have a great rtip out west....enjoy my friend your only young once...Be safe and happy travels....
    COLD COLD COLD temps up there in VT....

TC nice shots and sweet play ground you gots there......Got your PM and will hit you later ...
    always forward but never straight

Quote Originally Posted by DRZ1050i View Post
    Any of you peoples ever go/ been to Gore? Thinking about taking a day trip there later this week, heard they have fun trees but really don't know what to expect.
    Gore regular here.
    There are awesome trees all over the mountain. Just as much marked stuff as unmarked. What day were you going up? I'm not sure that I'll have time to get out skiing again before I head west but if I was I'd give you a your of the place.

Everything was skiing really well this last week. Not a whole lot of fresh left unless you're REALLY going off the beaten path, though.

They were 100% open on the 28th.they close down parts of the mountain midweek, though.

It takes a bit of skating to get to different sections of the mountain. Getting from the top to the lower mountain you'll get stuck on cloud, so keep your speed up.

Topridge triple is an older fixed grip so tis pretty slow. Usually wind in your face too. Cloud out is usually better.

Cedars to burnt ridge is pretty flat, but that's an awesome party of the mountain. Brand new high speed quad for quick laps. Sagamore is pretty steep on the lowest section with some good bumps.

If the parking lot is REALLY full you may want to consider parking at the ski bowl. That place is usually deserted. But it takes about a half hour to get back to the main base lodge from there. The trees to skiers right of the 46er chair are pretty awesome.

If the lines for the gondola are huge, take the triple to wood in to the high peaks chair. Tons of good trees over there. Local favorite part of the mountain. wood in is pretty flat, too.

Pm me with any more questions.

Trip out west Is looking pretty clear, fortunately. Lots of stuff to do before I go. BD, next Thursday being the 10th? I'll still be on the road. Taking my time... 5 days to get out. Two nights in Breck with some friends. longest day of driving is still under 8 hours. Saratoga > Buffalo > Chicago > Lincoln, NE > Breck > Breck > SLC.
    Last edited by tBatt; 01-03-2013 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by laseranimal View Post
    Newsflash: its fucking cold out there this AM. 2* at my place in Brunswick, NY. Was going for an early tour, saw that and said fuck it I'll go back to bed.

Did get out yesterday though, cold temps have really done an awesome job preserving the snow and I was able to find some 3-4" of recycled blower

Laser..P-Pass by chance? Just down the road from me. Cool place.

Looking good up there. Just got back from a few days at Taos. A couple lines off the ridge were open, and I was lucky to hit a couple mid day openings before they got too tracked out, but it looks like the best skiing has been closer to home. I've got wrestling tournaments every weekend in January, but hopefully I can play hooky for some midweek pow later this month.

Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    Awesome stoke all around again. Hope this trend keeps up.

Congrats on the powder story rdennhs

Heavy snow overnight and this morning made for a perfect refresh blower layer today. Private land access 3k+ BC is the best, no one skis here but us, never have to worry about getting there at 2pm like we did today.

Nearing the summit

Quote Originally Posted by laseranimal View Post

That's a great place when there is snow. A buddy from Delmar was there over the weekend.

You really should have warned about the crap-ass tunes though.

Quote Originally Posted by drewvw View Post
    A few of us ventured into a classic touring venue and were rewarded with some very nice turns.

I'm proud to say I got there first and tired myself out before austin and his crew tracked out the place!

Also met AngrySwede and his special lady. We were the lucky ones who got up the earliest and hit the pow first.

Next stop, back to avalanche terrain.
    Fun day. Place is definitely beat after Marc and I's 6 laps a piece.

Nice to see Swede and his lady friend. Hope you two had a fun tour despite the long approach. Come back later in the season when all that stupid puckerbrush is covered!

Yes, avalanche terrain.... or biking down on the cape if this useless snow will finally melt. Though that doesn't look too hopeful based on the weather pattern we're currently in.

Quote Originally Posted by philth View Post
    Laser..P-Pass by chance? Just down the road from me. Cool place.

yup, love that place holds snow better then anywhere else in the area.

Peruvian sorry about the ke$ha, I just enjoy the trainwreck that she is ;-)
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

Good meeting you, Drew, and that was pretty hilarious bumping into you, Austin. Both these guys crush the up!

That zone was really cool and I hope I can make it back when the brush is buried. Slog in wasn't that bad and I was very happy skins weren't necessary to get back to the car. Wish we could have stayed for more laps but I was getting sick, full on plagued now, and we were both done after touring and living out of the trailblazer for the previous 4 days.

Thanks to those who provided some beta before we departed, I'll have some stoke eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    Gore regular here....
    This is nice to see. Tbatt, I'm wondering if we've crossed paths up there in the past few seasons. Don' think so. I see you're heading out for a trip, but hit me up when you get back.