Page 325 of 419 FirstFirst ... 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,125 of 10468
    Dear god the snow was nice today.

Pow > corn. But not by much

Incredible bluebird corn day in the GOS. Had our own untracked playground for most of it. Meanwhile tux was mobbed.

Definitely one for the books.

^^^^^^^^^corn? heh, looks a bit transitionville to me bro

nice score. east side roolz.

now if i can just motivate to go up there on a weekend......having trouble.......

rog

Hearing reports of nh from many. Sounds like it was the day. Nice work drew, that looks incredible.

Hoping the weather permits a mid week trip after the next round of snows.

Quote Originally Posted by NoPostholio View Post
    49$ is a small price to pay to be legit IMO - stealth is all well and good, but I just happen to like the model that Crested Butte and others have adopted to entertain those who would rather walk uphill. But yeah, if I knew Stratton better I would prob have done that - but Mt Snow was my hill as a kid. They seem to have enough snow to be decent through April as long as we avoid the week of 80 degree temps.
    No stealth required. Magic and Stratton have open uphill policies. Check their websites.

I rarely post any stoke and this can't compare to High George or Smuggs BC pow but today was a great day at Magic.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Magic 3-30-2013 2.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	940.9 KB 
ID:	135679

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Magic 3-30-2013.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	933.4 KB 
ID:	135680

Twas a great day...Goniff skied in shorts but nobody wants to see those legs.

Free lift tickets at my local bump today - yes please! Soft, slushy goodness. Tons of non-ironic jeans, sweatpants, and oneseys on the hill today but everyone had a smile on their face. Had to have my Spidey senses tingling to avoid getting barred on every lift ride.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1364684498.033457.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	135681  

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    No stealth required. Magic and Stratton have open uphill policies. Check their websites.
    Thanks AW - how are stratton and magic after season or after closing hours with dogs?
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

personally didnt think tux's was too crowdedd today. for the conditions maybe... skiied lobster claw and right gully and both were awesome windblown pow. lost a ski pole coming out of right gully around the lunch rocks if anyone picked it up. To the guys who dropped dodges and hillmans at 730-8am this morning THANKYOU. I was going nuts on the hike up after seeing those lines. great day for sunburn

Thanks AW - how are stratton and magic after season or after closing hours with dogs?
    I can't speak for Stratton, but Magic is super cool with dogs.. I see a couple pups running around just about every time I go there. As long as your dog gets along with other ones, and isn't ridiculously obnoxious I don't think you have anything to worry about.

hmmmmm, george or loaf, george or loaf. somebody help me pleeze...........

i don't see 49.00 bux for uphill season pass being all that bad. would def make it feel more legit seeing as folks are paying big money to share the same slopes.

rog

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    Dear god the snow was nice today.
    So true. But the parking lot? Not so much:

"... Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to your body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much: I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those deskbound people with their hearts in a safe deposit box and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this: you will outlive the bastards." – Edward Abbey

Support Hinterlandian backcountry skiing: wwhsta.org

Magic only asks that you steer clear of any grooming or snowmaking equipment after hours. The place is wide open after the season ends. Official policy is that dogs are supposed to be on leashes but it is the most widely ignored rule there...and that's saying something.

Bear was sweet at Kmart today. The rest of the mountain was a block of ice. Nothing like Fiddle corn though....

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    I was entertained... and I was enjoying a Heady Topper at the same time!

Nice to see Tramline in play and thanks for the sacrifice, as it was obviously a bit boney. Wondering though, were those Kinsman Glades?
    No, we did not ski kinsman that day. Kinsman gets boney pretty quick. The window is short. It's (IMO) more of a trail then a glade and gets skied off. It is super fun multi fall line when on. We are exploring more lines off of it now.

Happy bunny day. My local mnt bike area is in. Ride this am...stoked!

Fun day in the ADK

My step father just abandoned his early 90's gear for the newschooler look. It hasn't affected his skiing:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	joedeepest.JPG 
Views:	444 
Size:	190.3 KB 
ID:	135700   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	joedeep.JPG 
Views:	438 
Size:	143.8 KB 
ID:	135701   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	joedeeper.JPG 
Views:	593 
Size:	129.5 KB 
ID:	135702   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	joewithtracks.JPG 
Views:	451 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	135703  

Toured up to that "other" ravine this morning with rog and neufox, hit a fantastic and technical oft forgotten line.

I barely had enough gas in the tank to pull that off after yesterday, so I skied out and they were still at it.

EDIT: quick pic of neufox booting up, rog around the bend

What a weekend up high.
    Last edited by drewvw; 03-31-2013 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    My step father just abandoned his early 90's gear for the newschooler look. It hasn't affected his skiing:

$$$ Shots for sure

Sweet stoke these past few days ISBD. Thanks for sharing!!!

Some very cool aerial photographs of the White Mountains in winter:
    www.briannevins.com

I imagine that the images could be very informative to the knowledgeable viewer...
    "... Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to your body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much: I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those deskbound people with their hearts in a safe deposit box and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this: you will outlive the bastards." – Edward Abbey

Support Hinterlandian backcountry skiing: wwhsta.org

Quote Originally Posted by drewvw View Post
    Toured up to that "other" ravine this morning with rog and neufox, hit a fantastic and technical oft forgotten line.

I barely had enough gas in the tank to pull that off after yesterday, so I skied out and they were still at it.

EDIT: quick pic of neufox booting up, rog around the bend

What a weekend up high.
    now that thar was some damn fine skiing today. bluebird? check. untracked stable dense pow? check. steep? check. long? check. techy? check. hero? check. nabbed another line after you exited, then skied a full sherby. amazing snowpack we have. 50 degree lines with pow and hardly any sluffing. unreal. where was everyone? i mean it is a spring weekend on the rock

thanx so much guys. best line in the best conditions in quite some time. years even.

rog

Quote Originally Posted by drewvw View Post
    Incredible bluebird corn day in the GOS. Had our own untracked playground for most of it. Meanwhile tux was mobbed.

Definitely one for the books.
    Ya buddy! George looking good cannot wait.

Strawjack and Rog pickin on me?! Hahaha. Your just Jelly.

Katahdin served it all but we chose corn! Spring here and it was peel away and all untracked! Too bad park is closed cuz there is so much snow up there. All in. More to follow but soo good. Sweet trip!

If I knew how to post picks with tgr app on android I wud but for now just enjoy those easter eggs.

Katahdin next year already in in planing. Wow.

Happy Easter ECRC to you n yours!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TGR Forums
    The Passion is in the Risk

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    My step father just abandoned his early 90's gear for the newschooler look...

Love it, ISBD... but not sure if that's a trade up to NS or back to the 70's?...

My apologies, but it had to be done. You'll get your revenge one day, I'm sure...

PTT- Clapton's B-Day was yesterday:

Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!