Page 193 of 419 FirstFirst ... 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,825 of 10468
    Any mags interested in meeting up at Gore tomorrow or Sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by Adrider83 View Post
    Any mags interested in meeting up at Gore tomorrow or Sunday?
    Ugh, I normally would be, but heading down to Brooklyn tonight. Hit me up next time.

Went to Magic today, place was fucking crawling with maggots. Report to come later. Today was my first time there.. if you haven't been, GO. Identical to Timberline, WV except bigger. Love it. Needs a good storm.

'Twas nice to meet you fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by DRZ1050i View Post
    Heading to Magic tomorrow AM, anyone else gonna be there? Shoot me a PM, or find me on the hill. Blue jacket, white helmet, Coreupt Candide Pow skis.
    I'll be there Saturday if you're still around. I look like I'm covered in unicorn vomit -- you really can't miss the jacket. Probably skiing on Worth Magics (review coming next week - the short review: I wasn't expecting them to, but they really kick ass all over the hill).
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.

Dowork and Peruvian,

Didn't see either one of you fine gentlemen. Way to not say hi you fucking sacks of shit. Go fuck yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedfreak View Post
    I'll be there Saturday if you're still around. I look like I'm covered in unicorn vomit -- you really can't miss the jacket. Probably skiing on Worth Magics (review coming next week - the short review: I wasn't expecting them to, but they really kick ass all over the hill).

Nah, I wish man.. have fun! The West side of the hill was all closed today, they're opening it tomorrow. Getamped was there today on his Worths, definitely wasn't having any problems. I think his were the Daily Breads? But whatevs.

Dowork and Peruvian,

Didn't see either one of you fine gentlemen. Way to not say hi you fucking sacks of shit. Go fuck yourselves.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Wait, what?
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Cool- I might hit up Magic. Bright Green shell. Old Gold Gotamas

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Wait, what?
    I can't believe you let him talk to you that way.

Quote Originally Posted by reganized View Post
    Back in the day about 50 SAC kids got arrested at loon for partyn too hard. Made the national news.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using TGR Forums
    Wait was that the Thompson division party? My brother was there and got away. Over 100 arrests right?

At jay tomorrow maybe Sunday. Don't be an ass like DoWork and say hello . Skiing on humpbacks. Purple jacket.
    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Speedfreak View Post
    Probably skiing on Worth Magics (review coming next week - the short review: I wasn't expecting them to, but they really kick ass all over the hill).
    Here's my short-review of Magic from a weekend at Magic:

Initial impression: holy carp these things are light. Like: really light...Sth14 attached @ 2 back. Not sure about the wolf graphic (are there wolves in VT), but they definitely are pretty. Weird shape...the shape looks a bit weirder in person.

But how do these weird, light, wolf skis ski? (Note1: I am a giant...so unless you're a large man: YMMV. Note2: only the east side was open, so it was all low angle stuff)

Sunday: warm, bumpy, thin cover: loved them...boing, boing, boing...over and around the bumps...small airs...everything = easy peasey. Over grass, sticks, a rock or two: damages = two black smudges on base. Typical Praxis = BOMBER.

Monday: cold as heck. Stuck on groomers. Still had funnerz! Definitely not race skis, but were willing to carve w/o much effort. Definitely not bad for its size. Also: groomers = speed...these had no problem going at speed.

Can't wait to see how they'll do in Twilight Zone w/ some new snow.

So far, I love these skis. Pretty impressive to handle almost opposite conditions so well. Then again, I stink, so you pros may not like them.

-Smarty
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    Here's my short-review of Magic from a weekend at Magic:

Initial impression: holy carp these things are light. Like: really light...Sth14 attached @ 2 back. Not sure about the wolf graphic (are there wolves in VT), but they definitely are pretty. Weird shape...the shape looks a bit weirder in person.

But how do these weird, light, wolf skis ski? (Note1: I am a giant...so unless you're a large man: YMMV. Note2: only the east side was open, so it was all low angle stuff)

Sunday: warm, bumpy, thin cover: loved them...boing, boing, boing...over and around the bumps...small airs...everything = easy peasey. Over grass, sticks, a rock or two: damages = two black smudges on base. Typical Praxis = BOMBER.

Monday: cold as heck. Stuck on groomers. Still had funnerz! Definitely not race skis, but were willing to carve w/o much effort. Definitely not bad for its size. Also: groomers = speed...these had no problem going at speed.

Can't wait to see how they'll do in Twilight Zone w/ some new snow.

So far, I love these skis. Pretty impressive to handle almost opposite conditions so well. Then again, I stink, so you pros may not like them.

-Smarty
    Thanks Smarty! And while there may not be wolves in VT just yet (they are heading this way....soon enough!), there is a Wulf-man who was the initial inspiration for this project. The howler is my shout-out to him....
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Fuck, why do I even look at this thread? ....this pic makes me physically ill, like watching an Ex you never got over making out with some dude....which aslo makes me want to get drunk :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Wait was that the Thompson division party? My brother was there and got away. Over 100 arrests right?

At jay tomorrow maybe Sunday. Don't be an ass like DoWork and say hello . Skiing on humpbacks. Purple jacket.
    I've got a friend who's yet to get out this season trying to talk me into going up there Sunday but I'm on the fence at this point...probably better conditions than smuggs but tough to stomach paying, even with a 2fer.

Will give you a shout if that's where we end up.

Ugh, I normally would be, but heading down to Brooklyn tonight. Hit me up next time.

Went to Magic today, place was fucking crawling with maggots. Report to come later. Today was my first time there.. if you haven't been, GO. Identical to Timberline, WV except bigger. Love it. Needs a good storm.

'Twas nice to meet you fellas.
    Yep, pretty high mag to general population ratio. Maybe 6-7 people on the slopes today + a couple of patrollers, so the 3 of us had a private resort for the day. Great running into you (not literally!) and getting some good runs in. You definitely need to come back when the rest of the mountain is in play.
    If it's too loud, you're too old

Long time lurker. Met up with DRZ today at Magic. Love that place. West side closing was tough, but east side skied soft. Even the non groomed stuff down low has a buttery consistency. Pretty sure I skied a few runs w getamped as well. Apologies if it was someone else, still learning over here.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Was all for it, but... Looking kinda windy now. 60-70 with higher gusts.

think i'm going for it. will be chilly/breezy, but a lot warmer than sitting on a chair. steeps below the ridge outta the wind could be a nice option at least. toe/hand warmers fer sure.

nice gaspe surf stoke rudy. bout as crowded as maine

rog

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    I can't believe you let him talk to you that way.

It was just so weird I figured he was either a mongoloid or making a shitty joke. I wasn't even there today lol

In any case it's the weekend and I'm not sober. Who cares
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

not enough nun fisters in that community

I love the GOB_bluth handle. It's not a trick. It's an illusion.

Just decided on a late-night whim to pull some old skinnies out of the corner and mount 'em up for teh slayage of teh firm 'n fast.

Problem is, I can't decide what to put on 'em...

(and yes, I know my bench and wall are a mess.. a wider workbench and more pegboard are in the works and it promises enough storage to disperse the clutter... I'll be sure to update the appropriate thread when it happens )
    Last edited by JayPowHound; 01-26-2013 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by weasel1 View Post
    Thanks Smarty! And while there may not be wolves in VT just yet (they are heading this way....soon enough!), there is a Wulf-man who was the initial inspiration for this project. The howler is my shout-out to him....
    At one time in my distant past, I was somewhat of a VT wildlife scientist. I saw a wolf on Mount Hunger Road in Barnard in 1982. There was no doubt in my mind based on the size, head shape, etc. I was very close to the animal...like 10 feet away but in my car.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    At one time in my distant past, I was somewhat of a VT wildlife scientist. I saw a wolf on Mount Hunger Road in Barnard in 1982. There was no doubt in my mind based on the size, head shape, etc. I was very close to the animal...like 10 feet away but in my car.
    Well they are North of us so it makes sense that one ranges down once in a while.

Think the restaurant I ate at last night gave me bad food. No skiing today.

^^^

My neighbor swears he saw one a few years ago on 116 in Starksboro and is positive it wasn't just a large coyote. I probably wouldn't have much confidence in his conviction but he did live in MT for 15+ years after college and worked in forestry so he's seen a wolf or two in his day.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    They was a confimed kill in VT in 06. A farmer shot one, thought it was a cayote but realized it wasn't and the state confirmed an Eastern Wolf, but probably bred in a doestic situation. There is a confirmed pack in Southern QC though. http://www.timesargus.com/apps/pbcs....WS01/710100376

thanks for all the ADK tips guys!

i saw a wolf 2 years ago outside of montreal, probably only 60 kms north of the VT border

Sunny and cold this AM. Up to 8` bob though still -10` summit.

The cold has iced the streams over and with some bonding snow the BC travel/skiing will benefit. There will be some crazy hollow areas under some ice. The ice damming here created pools 4+ feet deep on a stream where the water is commonly 10" deep.

The skiing was not to bad yesterday with 8% packed powder, 11% snowmaking guns, 20% groomer till ice pellets, 40% windswept moon surface,10% bare ground, 7% water ice, 4% rocks.
    Should have got up high before the clouds started moving in.

East View

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime