Page 48 of 419 FirstFirst ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 10468
  1. #1176
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Gates of Hell
    Posts
    4,745
    Wow. Looks like yallz got some down in WVa. I'd say I wish I could have made it, but I noticed people moving uphill via human power

    Great to see Flatton & Bromley firing up the guns even though it seems a little early for being so far south. Hopefully cold weather hangs around until May or so


    Edit for PTT

    Last time I remember seeing this much destruction on the coast was in '86 when Gloria came ripping thru CT

    Going where the wind don't blow so strange
    Maybe on some high cold mountain range

  2. #1177
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,487
    Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    Wow. Looks like yallz got some down in WVa. I'd say I wish I could have made it, but I noticed people moving uphill via human power
    So awesome. Sig worthy jgb....

  3. #1178
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    soaring on the shitwinds
    Posts
    7,305
    Quote Originally Posted by therudeness View Post
    Never ran into esteemed local Rog


    Did you check the champagne room?
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

  4. #1179
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,172
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    Did you check the champagne room?
    good one

    i'm not too hard to find

    my gal and i saw our 1st flakes today as we were shaking hands with our realtor at a house where we are putting an offer in. literally reached out and it started to snow. a sign perhaps? k thinks so. mmmmm, 1 mile down a dirt road from a nice surf break. the road name? you ready? ROGERS ROAD. i shit you not. another sign? hehe. k thinks so, again.

    thursday, thursday, thursday, rivah t2b with some inches of new? may have to take a drive.

    george sure was wintery today. a nice steady path into winter me thinks.

    rogblog

  5. #1180
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Westchesta County
    Posts
    934
    Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Guns blowing in Ct. Vermont



    Nmbrd, lucky you to get the genny. At least EW and SS have water and a gas range that was working on Friday, Such an awful tragedy to befall the area so close to winter.
    Yeah really lucky we grabbed one. Got a call while I was at work that grainger got a delivery. Sent the fam over and they came home with a nice lil 7.5 kw generac. That thing is a beast! I have to admit there are a lot of crews out getting things up and running again. I can only imagine how the dirty jerz shore is holding up.

  6. #1181
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southern NH
    Posts
    4,206
    Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    my gal and i saw our 1st flakes today as we were shaking hands with our realtor at a house where we are putting an offer in. literally reached out and it started to snow. a sign perhaps? k thinks so. mmmmm, 1 mile down a dirt road from a nice surf break. the road name? you ready? ROGERS ROAD. i shit you not. another sign? hehe. k thinks so, again.

    thursday, thursday, thursday, rivah t2b with some inches of new? may have to take a drive.

    george sure was wintery today. a nice steady path into winter me thinks.

    rogblog
    Nice! On all accounts. Sign of what?

    Thursday would be fun.

    Hope the house, gal, and . . . the white picket fence happens for ya my friend!
    The Passion is in the Risk

  7. #1182
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pico, VT
    Posts
    3,980
    Quote Originally Posted by atkinsonvt View Post

    The guns and the natch were blowing here too. Still squalling on and off.
    estimate on accumulations up near the top?
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

    "You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

    "I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

    "It's simple science." -lionelhutz

  8. #1183
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    out there on the neon avenue
    Posts
    4,035
    Quote Originally Posted by gpetrics View Post
    we were up that-a-way too TC, just a little earlier! we musta been enjoying the TC cloud preemptively. Great coverage!

    got this shot which i think looks like an MC Escher drawing since it looks like you're looking up the mtn, but the skier's going down. woah...
    Sweet, I saw two skin tracks on the way up. I knew Hugh J was headed up also figured they were his. Coverage was better up top, thin down low but skinned from and skied back to the truck which is enough to motivate me. Going to head up tomorrow and see what todays squalls gave up.

    nice shots

  9. #1184
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    83
    fun to see snow in the notch this weekend. yeah i'm new here- but amped for the season and to run into some of you out there ( prob know some of you already from other forums, patrolling, and being out there)

    cheers

  10. #1185
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Too Far South
    Posts
    5,272
    Quote Originally Posted by VTsession View Post
    Good ol' Killington charging $40 for 600 vert of skiing. Good thing I have a 2 for 1 or I'd complain more.
    Look I'll complain about expensive lift tickets as much as the next guy, especially when you're paying a premium for frivolous BS at places like Stowe and Stratton. And yes it is kind of funny that you can ski 600 feet of vert tomorrow for the same price it costs to ski Magic's 1700 feet of vert Midweek. Unfortunately for me, in this case however, K's got every right to charge that. Early season snowmaking in marginal conditions cannot be cheap and they've got to staff 2 chairs plus ski patrol and F+B and because they actually busted their asses to get open they deserve to make a little bit on top as well. Not to mention I'd rather pay $40 and have a relatively uncrowded WROD to lap vs $15 and get 4 runs in because the lift line at the Glades is 60 minutes+
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

  11. #1186
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,172
    +if they're the only game in town open, they'd fill the place @ way more than 40.00 with very happy skiers.

    that said, sunday river will probably open t2b with cheaper tickets than killington. but, they ain't open yet.

    rog

  12. #1187
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,172
    Quote Originally Posted by lynchdogger View Post
    Nice! On all accounts. Sign of what?

    Thursday would be fun.

    Hope the house, gal, and . . . the white picket fence happens for ya my friend!
    thanx dood!!!

    told her the 1st thing i'm buying for the new house is singlespeed beach cruisers with surfboard carrying racks for rolling down to the beach.

    she approved

    hope thursday trends colder. could be wet.

    rog

  13. #1188
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,172
    http://www.sundayriver.com/TheMounta...port/index.asp

    opening tomorrow with 2 upper mountain trails. might go t2b! cost depends on what's open!!!

    bet they go t2b

    rog

  14. #1189
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    VT
    Posts
    458
    Stoked for the Dream Factory tomorrow in BTV and turns this weekend. This winter is looking good ::I can feel it::

  15. #1190
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    EC
    Posts
    1,192
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    What I did on my summer workation...built ALOT of beginner MTB trail....but also built a some more interesting trail.
    Nice work, Dave! I got a little riding in this summer, along with a few other things.

    People shooting ski areas should be sued.

  16. #1191
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Funland
    Posts
    1,162
    Sorry guys. You can blame this storm going out to Sea on me. I got snow tires and two new pairs of skis last week.

    In other news, It looks like it's gonna snow on New Jersey. Just what they need right now...

  17. #1192
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Motor City
    Posts
    153
    Great vid, DaveVT. I am hoping to go shoot some jumping there tomorrow with Eganbrutha the Younger.

    I haven't been able to get up high yet Greg, no on-the-spot estimate. I say 6-10" though, judging from the pics.

    Speaking of which ...


    Good morning!

  18. #1193
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Central VT
    Posts
    4,031
    Quote Originally Posted by laseranimal View Post
    Look I'll complain about expensive lift tickets as much as the next guy, especially when you're paying a premium for frivolous BS at places like Stowe and Stratton. And yes it is kind of funny that you can ski 600 feet of vert tomorrow for the same price it costs to ski Magic's 1700 feet of vert Midweek. Unfortunately for me, in this case however, K's got every right to charge that. Early season snowmaking in marginal conditions cannot be cheap and they've got to staff 2 chairs plus ski patrol and F+B and because they actually busted their asses to get open they deserve to make a little bit on top as well. Not to mention I'd rather pay $40 and have a relatively uncrowded WROD to lap vs $15 and get 4 runs in because the lift line at the Glades is 60 minutes+
    Say what you will about Stowe but the $600 student pass, 350+ inches of snow and endless side/backcountry works pretty damn well for me.

    And who the fuck skis at Stratton?

    To each his own.
    Last edited by VTsession; 11-06-2012 at 06:04 AM.

  19. #1194
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,172
    RIVAH OPENS WITH 29.00 TICKETS. t2 only for 600 vert of sliding.

    rog

  20. #1195
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southern NH
    Posts
    4,206
    The only reason to go to Stratton would be to chase high end cougars if that is your thing.

    Stratton sucks balls.

    What's this nonsense about this storm going out to sea? No bueno. Think positive.

    Cranked up the wood stove last night. Feeling like winter.
    The Passion is in the Risk

  21. #1196
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    WTB
    Posts
    656
    600? Oh, part time. Mine's only $399.

    Guns a-blazin' up high at $towe.. Anyone else going for a skin this weekend during the warm up?



    Quote Originally Posted by VTsession View Post
    Say what you will about Stowe but the $600 student pass, 350+ inches of snow and endless side/backcountry works pretty damn well for me.

    And who the fuck skis at Stratton?

    To each his own.

  22. #1197
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,549
    Quote Originally Posted by lynchdogger View Post
    The only reason to go to Stratton would be to chase high end cougars if that is your thing.

    Stratton sucks balls.
    Yep, sucks. I hate skiing for free and only a few folks chasing through the woods for freshies as opposed to all the 'core places. Remember those cougars and their neurosurgeon husbands are there for exceptional grooming.

    The funny thing about Stratton is how two-faced it is. On Saturdays, Sunday mornings, and holidays it's a total Joey nightmare. Mid week it's much more relaxed with no lift lines and minimal attitude.

    Bring your skins after a decent mid-week storm and I'll show you around.

  23. #1198
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Central VT
    Posts
    4,031
    Quote Originally Posted by vt_ski View Post
    600? Oh, part time. Mine's only $399.

    Guns a-blazin' up high at $towe.. Anyone else going for a skin this weekend during the warm up?

    I'm a part time grad student, you must be full time. The Stowe pass is one of the few benefits of working full time and going to school part time.

    I was thinking about taking a trip up there on Monday and picking up my pass and maybe doing a skin/hike. I've got new boots break in.

    Hopefully some snow falls Wed/Thurs.

  24. #1199
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    bucks county pa
    Posts
    2,510
    Quote Originally Posted by lynchdogger View Post
    The only reason to go to Stratton would be to chase high end cougars if that is your thing.

    Stratton sucks balls.

    What's this nonsense about this storm going out to sea? No bueno. Think positive.

    Cranked up the wood stove last night. Feeling like winter.
    quoted for the truth on the cougars.. Green door for wings and beers aint bad, but do have to say i have hunted some good cougars up there....JUST DONT SKI THERE
    always forward but never straight

  25. #1200
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    bucks county pa
    Posts
    2,510
    finally got power as of sun. was a hell of a week down here in pa....couldnt get out of my road until tue night except with the four wheeler.....have cut to many trees up to count.....really was unbeleiveable.....i live in the woods so i am sure you can imagaine.....Beach house was fine with no problems or water thanks god but having the coast guard less the a couple hundred yards is a good thing.. highest point on the island......for all those in jersey and new york feeling the effects still hang in there.......friends in LBI have lost everything..inlcuding the boat but that was a good thing since they were trying to sell it......mother nature can be so giving in ways that we like AND can be such a bitch when she wants to......

    VIBES TO ALL .... oh and NO BABY YET............wish i could have made the journey to WV.... next time................

    ALSO ISBD.. iwill call you tonight about the trip.... 5 days off from school could screww shit up for me...what about you?????

    VTF and TC thanks for the check in via TEXT......
    always forward but never straight

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •