Page 60 of 419 FirstFirst ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 10468
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Me too. Bromley delivered plenty of sun and creamy turns today. I'll be back skinning/skiing tomorrow. The bike might just get put away.

Nice. Thinking about getting out Tues. Is Bromley cool with skinning or do you have to be a stealthy ninja warrior?
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post

As far as POW goes, sorry Rog. I just wish you'd shut the fuck up sometimes and I guess I've been sleep typing, during the day.

:-))

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    Nate has talent on both side of the camera. Talking to him about Japan just made me happy. Happy to know you can go there and tour to backcountry huts with hot spring baths and no one around. Fuck, just to know that exists makes me stoked, even if I never make it there. BTW, check out the pink bike Vid of the day for some VT riding with no dub step!
    Actually saw that a few days ago. Awesome vid though. I need to learn how to rip corners like that. Our riding around here is too damn technical so you never really learn how to flow and bomb through smooth corners. I definitely need to make the trip up to VT next year for some stuff like that.

Peruvian, I think I ran into you in the bromley parking lot yesterday. Recognized the boots, how was it? Laser, no black ops needed, that for Stratton.
    Harvest the ride.

Had a great day at the Eastern Snow and Avalanche Workshop yesterday in North Conway. Was a pleasure meeting JonathanS and having lunch with the Lynchdogger at The Moat... Awesome burgers and brews!

Learned way more about snow than even Frosty needs to know... But was great to get good beta on Chic Chocs (from CC Chicka, Julie LeBlanc... tres bien!) and get some ADK slide info, etc. Blase Reardon from Idaho had a great presentation on the mind of a skier, (which may help a bit in these forums...).

Thanks Jonathan for organizing and posting about this. And I can't believe I won the cornice cutter, because I am always in need of one.

EDIT: I agree with ML on the names thing. No need to go so public. Also, I do know a couple other things: VT-F brings much stoke in many different ways... and the DVT avatar is heinous... wtf?!
    Last edited by BigDaddy; 11-11-2012 at 08:04 AM.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

^^^Killington tomorrow? I'm considering it unless...

Peruvian, what was Bromley like? As good as the pic makes it look? Might head there with the dog if it's decent.

Also, if anybody needs Killington 2-fers, I've got extras.

My avatar makes me laugh. Tits on Gravity. Perfect for this place...a train wreck.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stillglowing_sized.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	125282  

Landed a 20ish inch hen early then watched my partners hook up a few more times with one more landed. My Atlantic trip was rough. Worst salmon run anyone could ever remember. .
    yeah big salmon on the clyde are fun

Happy to know you can go there and tour to backcountry huts with hot spring baths and no one around. Fuck, just to know that exists makes me stoked, even if I never make it there.
    So is skiing deep pow in remote places in the Japan BC

As well as VT BC

VTF Looks like he is pretty happy right here

DVT you seem to be the only one punching at the keys here, VTF is very good people and has been an excellent friend to me and many others here. If you dont like him fine, but no need to keep up with the redundant comments, doesnt make it any more convincing. Bickering should at least by humorous in here.

Too many PM's to respond to but if I was off on POW, my bad. It seemed to be a collective consensus, I just offered it up and let it marinate for a bit. Still not sure though

Went up Sterling yesterday with HA, Seq, and TWD. manmade glop that at times got creamy, but mostly just an exercise in getting down. Never got warm up here and north facing terrain does not help.

Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    yeah big salmon on the clyde are fun

So is skiing deep pow in remote places in the Japan BC

As well as VT BC

VTF Looks like he is pretty happy right here

DVT you seem to be the only one punching at the keys here, VTF is very good people and has been an excellent friend to me and many others here. If you dont like him fine, but no need to keep up with the redundant comments, doesnt make it any more convincing. Bickering should at least by humorous in here.

Too many PM's to respond to but if I was off on POW, my bad. Still not sure though
    Nice shots. As long as he want to take the time to post up his stupid trolling comments, I'll take the time to fuck right back with him. He'll get what he gives from me. Like everyone else. Geez, looks like he's tailgunning a bit there.

Quote Originally Posted by awf170 View Post
    Actually saw that a few days ago. Awesome vid though. I need to learn how to rip corners like that. Our riding around here is too damn technical so you never really learn how to flow and bomb through smooth corners. I definitely need to make the trip up to VT next year for some stuff like that.
    willowdale, the end.

f that s, not so fast. had a fun rip a la hour + of power round the alps this am. have you ridden there with me yet? it's getting to be a destination with all the new one track. not techy, kinda like willowdale with some tougher climbs. if you turn the screws a bit you can really turn yerself inside out pretty easily in there. also nice to just go with no water, tools, or repair kit as yer never far from the car.

tuesday? if it's not raining too much. summersux wants to ride. bear brook next sunday am maybe.

looked like some nice no vt bc skiing in davevt video!

off for a road ride with the gal. nice day, nicer tomorrow

GEORGE STOKE SENT FROM A FRIEND FROM FRIDAY:

nuther 2-3 feet of snow=good to go.

rogblog
    Last edited by icelanticskier; 11-11-2012 at 08:55 AM.

That was me, L8APX. It was as good as you assumed.

I headed back over today with the Mrs. for her first ever earned turns.

It's melting out quickly. I would stick with northern facing slopes, which eliminates Bromley until it gets cold and they can blow more snow. I bet Stratton would be okay tomorrow (oh and I've never had a problem skinning early season at Stratton - of course, I am a ninja...).

One thing we took away from the avalanche seminar, is that snow is a lot like women...

...both are extremely complex.

We will never fully understand either.
    Last edited by BigDaddy; 11-11-2012 at 01:13 PM.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

That was me, L8APX. It was as good as you assumed.

I headed back over today with the Mrs. for her first ever earned turns.

It's melting out quickly. I would stick with northern facing slopes, which eliminates Bromley until it gets cold and they can blow more snow. I bet Stratton would be okay tomorrow (oh and I've never had a problem skinning early season at Stratton - of course, I am a ninja...).
    i approve of this post. weight two git sum!
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    One thing we took away from the avalanche seminar, is that snow is a lot like women...
    ...both are extremely complex.
    We will never fully understand either.
    complex, yes, but at least with snow, the more you look at it, poke at it, feel it, in all of it's moods, good and bad, the more knowledge you take away to store in the memory bank. gotta be in it, a lot, to learn it.

rog

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    complex, yes, but at least with snow......, poke at it, feel it, in all of it's moods, good and bad, the more knowledge you take away to store in the memory bank. gotta be in it, a lot, to learn it.
    wow, what a creep.

Had a great day at the Eastern Snow and Avalanche Workshop yesterday in North Conway. Was a pleasure meeting JonathanS and having lunch with the Lynchdogger at The Moat... Awesome burgers and brews!

Learned way more about snow than even Frosty needs to know... But was great to get good beta on Chic Chocs (from CC Chicka, Julie LeBlanc... tres bien!) and get some ADK slide info, etc. Blase Reardon from Idaho had a great presentation on the mind of a skier, (which may help a bit in these forums...).

Thanks Jonathan for organizing and posting about this. And I can't believe I won the cornice cutter, because I am always in need of one.

EDIT: I agree with ML on the names thing. No need to go so public. Also, I do know a couple other things: VT-F brings much stoke in many different ways... and the DVT avatar is heinous... wtf?!
    Yeah BD it was a good day. JS thank you and the ESandA crew for a great workshop. Well done.
    I won a H2O bottle! Woot.
    Food! That black peppercorn and bacon burger at the Moat is tasty! Today on the way out of town had a beer and a bowl of Chili - beef brisket and andouille sausage with black beans! FKNA. Last night I finished the evening off with beers at IME and awesome fish tacos for dinner. Food was good this weekend for sure.
    Early to bed and early to rise - was able to scratch up Yale gully today despite the warm temps. The sun helped by staying out of sight most of the day. Crazy weather - hiked up in a t-shirt and down (after the look out spot on Lion's head). Awesome weekend.
    The Passion is in the Risk

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    willowdale, the end.

f that s, not so fast. had a fun rip a la hour + of power round the alps this am. have you ridden there with me yet? it's getting to be a destination with all the new one track. not techy, kinda like willowdale with some tougher climbs. if you turn the screws a bit you can really turn yerself inside out pretty easily in there. also nice to just go with no water, tools, or repair kit as yer never far from the car.

tuesday? if it's not raining too much. summersux wants to ride. bear brook next sunday am maybe.

looked like some nice no vt bc skiing in davevt video!

off for a road ride with the gal. nice day, nicer tomorrow

GEORGE STOKE SENT FROM A FRIEND FROM FRIDAY:

nuther 2-3 feet of snow=good to go.

rogblog
    After today it does not look like that anymore!
    The climb I did today will be gone tomorrow.
    Warm up then cold but that is good. Hope we get a couple weeks of intense cold before we start getting dumped on!

Night night. This old man is beat.
    The Passion is in the Risk

One of my favorite shots of all time for sure...
    When? This week? (not Japan the picture below)
    Love seeing HA gettin some!
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

..can't possibly go to work today without giving a shout out to my friend Angry A...bull n jamb baby..
    and i've seen him happy...there was that time..
    :-)))

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    tasty graphic, breh.

DOOD!

Ever since Whitegrass, I've been really thinking about getting into XC and waxless. Would love to come out on one of your schusses one of these days and see how I do on the skates. The idea of no skins, knee dropping, just-fat-enough skis and uber light weight makes me moist and I feel like I owe it to myself to get into it. Tons of golf courses around here I'd love to lap .

Oh, and it was good to see you this weekend. Nice machine you got over there for sure! Keep up the good work man.

All this unhappiness makes me sad though. Winter is upon us, guys. I vote we take a step back and take stock of what's really important- I bet it won't be perpetuating bad juju on the internets with sort-of-strangers just to do it. I personally would like to take this opportunity to bury all my hatchets because I'm just soooooooo over the negativity. It's just rediculous. More and more I really don't like what I see and it doesn't make me feel good to hold animocity myself- so I'm done with it. Cheers to the coming season and if I see anybody I've pissed off in the past, I'll buy you a beer as penance. Best vibes and high fives going out to everyone in the ECRC. Even the assholes.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by PhishDaly View Post
    hiked and rode bretton woods today. top to bottom. skied big ben where they were blwing snow, had 2-4 inches of fresh on it. went better than expected. got 3 runs in between 530 and 9am and got out. hoping to put some pics up this weekend. big warm front coming
    I’m really glad that someone else has confessed first to skiing and even enjoying Bretton Woods!

I had to drive past three ski resorts on Friday on my way to the Eastern Snow & Avy Workshop.
    First I stopped at Cannon, especially since the views were so enticing when coming over from Sugar Hill:

Cannon is very anti-skinning, but compensates with convenient parking:

I got a little over halfway up Mittersill before the pitch seemed too much for the few inches of fluff. On the lower-angle slopes, the turns were quite nice:

Out of curiosity I drove by the Zoomer pod, which amazingly enough was all tracked up despite the minimal snow for that kind of pitch – tracks probably aren’t visible in this picture though:

Then I stopped at Bretton Woods for laps underneath the Zephyr quad on Range View. Wow! I’m really surprised they didn't open for the weekend. Half the trail width had a solid manmade base with a few inches of natural fluff on top, and the other half of the width had super monster whales. Skied nice and fast and smooth (all of which are important for such pitch, or rather lack thereof).
    (I also drove past Attitash, but couldn’t see anything in the dark.)

Returned Saturday night on my drive home for some headlight-assisted laps. Still super nice. Who knows how the snow quality will fare during the upcoming warm wx, but the quantity should be fine. (If they groomed it out evenly, would already be their entire base for the winter.)

Yes, nice meeting you! And yes, that Moat food sure was good. (We went there the prior night for our pre-ESAW dinner – yummy! For ESAW lunch we went to the former EMS hotel for flatbread – that was also amazingly good.)

Quote Originally Posted by L8APX View Post
    Peruvian, I think I ran into you in the bromley parking lot yesterday. Recognized the boots, how was it? Laser, no black ops needed, that for Stratton.
    Stratton seems to working hard against its stereotyping with its attitude toward skinning – see the list here:
    http://www.ussma.org/resort-uphill-policies

Probably the rapidly melting remains at Jiminy this afternoon for me, then Stratton later this week. (I need to visit www.GMOLfoot.com to see if I cram my feet into some new rando race boots. When Stratton is open, GMOL is the perfect setup for the AT boot work, since you can skin pretty much right out their door to check out any footbeds, mods, etc.)
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

good to see you also DW.
    trainwreck-x-sour diesel=Casey Jones. wow!
    new machine is tits.
    JS, my buddy is head of grooming for BW nordic.
    he was surprised the alpine hill didn't fire up last week.
    Ludlow has been busy with folks heading to K-Mart and oh-key-moe.
    feels good to have the local hill open, even though i'm on the MTB for a while yet
    soon come Winter!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Those Voilés and Fischers do look dope, but the Madshus Annum, which is really the Karhu Guide(?) is a pretty sick ski. from night tele groomers w/ tall cans, to shredding golf course bowls, mont-royal or just get across your neighbourhood in a snowstorm. these things rool

(pics from our first decent dump last january, we were too stoked to wait until the next day... )

but i definitely pack a pair of skins if the going gets steep. waxless isnt' great for anything more than golf course laps in my experience

summer and winter. yin and yang.

let's ditch the bad vibes and enjoy our mtns in person and in our collective imagery
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

Spring skiing with the girl at Okemo yesterday was not bad at all. Didn't get a chance to stop at K-mart, but the snow wasn't as bad as I expected, and I was only slightly worse than I expected. Feels like it's been a lot longer than 3 months since I've put on the duck bill boots. Wimpy stoke stolen from Okemo's fbook page.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	68057_10151148558366448_2058499687_n.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	125383