Page 130 of 419 FirstFirst ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,250 of 10468
    Tomorrow will be fun for you all up at Smuggs.

No turns for me maybe Monday?

9 mile run today in exactly 80 mins n change. No speed record but longest run in 20 years. Not bad for a guy who almost lost his right foot in 2009. I was stoked! Thank god for Shotblocks.

Look forward to pics from tomorrow.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TGR Forums
    The Passion is in the Risk

Chivalry! Hope they returned the favor. Nice weekend for you kid!
    Get sum!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom-tele View Post
    you should come up and ski drift lines tomorrow morning. she be blowin hard tonight.
    Thanks for the offer, I'll take a "snow" check. Lot o stuff to do here tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    First snow leopard sighting of the year yesterday and it was a biggun. Sorry VTF, no pics.
    You need a quicker camera.

Out in the yard where it is legitimately dumping still and shoveled 3 spots, all 10" light fluffy new snow. Gotta look at the quiver and find the most upturned tails for roostering.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by lynchdogger View Post
    9 mile run today in exactly 80 mins n change. No speed record but longest run in 20 years. Not bad for a guy who almost lost his right foot in 2009. I was stoked! Thank god for Shotblocks.

Good hustle! Wow, if I could stay under a ten minute mile for any more than 3 or 4, I'd be happy... I haven't run more than 4 or 5 miles at once in my life though. More power to you, dog.

Quote Originally Posted by NHguy View Post
    I'm new to TGR too, but been here in NH a while. I'm in central NH. and have a pass thats good for sunapee and okemo.

where you headed?
    I was thinking Gunstock. It seems a fair balance of decent runs without costing an arm and a leg; and I didnt want to drive more than 1.5 hrs (Im in Nashua/Merrimack). Im probably going half day, since I missed all last season (ACL surgery) and this will be my first time up this year.

I grew up on the groomers of MN but then went west for college where I tasted some decent mountain skiing.. I want to ease my way into this year and have never really been a full fledge ski bum as im too frugal. Any suggestions? Whats the best budget mountain nearest to me? I was looking at Pats Peak but looks like most of the runs open were green, only 1-2 and no black. Oh and not a ton of vert if I remember right from my earlier research
    Huck me a cliff worthy of Mordor. Shred the gnar gnar.

Flickr
    My [Photography] site

Sugarloaf Conditions 12/22

Woke this morning and checked NOAA graphics-shit it had been warm and rained all night for the whole state. Fuck it, still going as Sugarloaf was hoping to open Timberline and almost all the mountain is open.

Groomed runs skied much easier than "natural" runs today. The coral reef left from all the frolicing the past few days definitely added to the challenge on the natural trails. As the day went on conditions improved with a dusting of snow and the temperatures and the skieres working the surface. In a way I was stoked on the conditions as they were challenging and interesting.

When I was up last Sunday I noticed the dense consolidated snow in the woods and felt the mountain was ready for winter. Now everything is encased in 2 feet of very dense snow. The rain infused the snow pack with more moisture and it is now such an awsome wall to wall base accross the mountain.

Outlook:there is a ton of snow and in the near term Sugarloaf should groom the runs out real nice. For the rest of the season with the base in, all storms are going to allow moutain wide access to fresh snow. Very bright outlook for Sugarloaf this winter.

Sugarloaf over SR at this time to answer an earlier question.

Quote Originally Posted by austriker View Post
    I was thinking Gunstock. It seems a fair balance of decent runs without costing an arm and a leg; and I didnt want to drive more than 1.5 hrs (Im in Nashua/Merrimack). Im probably going half day, since I missed all last season (ACL surgery) and this will be my first time up this year.

I grew up on the groomers of MN but then went west for college where I tasted some decent mountain skiing.. I want to ease my way into this year and have never really been a full fledge ski bum as im too frugal. Any suggestions? Whats the best budget mountain nearest to me? I was looking at Pats Peak but looks like most of the runs open were green, only 1-2 and no black. Oh and not a ton of vert if I remember right from my earlier research
    pats peak has WAY more pitch than gunstock which is just a bunch of short pitches interspersed with lots o flat ones. the woods are kinda fun when "in", but.....

for you, crotched with it's new hsq would blow away gunstock for it's consisitent pitch, as would sunapee.

rog

Awesome to see it snowing All over Vt. Today will spent in the white room.

16.5` and around 12" -O- powder bob with light winds. No more balmy 31`skiing today, gonna dress warm.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

GO TC!!!

probably halfway up smuggs by now, or higher

for those with any water interest, the surf has been big and consistent this week. this morning looks fun. dark still but suit half on and heading out the door in 10. cold.

george has been doig well with a bunch of new snow. 38" for the month thus far. may even break the december average of 50" by next week. wouldn't that be somethin? been below average months for like 3 years straight or something.

rog

One continous face shot the whole way down FIS, FKNA

Was sick and tired of looking at FIS and TC pics of winter so I decided to investigate MRG, arrived at the parking lot around 10am to find it snowing sideways and winds gusting to about 30. So I was a little concerned when I read TC's report that Smugg's was 2 inches of dust on crust. But I couldn't resist being party to a snowboarder poaching MRG so when Pearljam09 and better half showed up it was on.

We went as high as the Mid Station before deciding the windblown stuff higher wasn't going to be any fun but did see that Paradise and Fall Line had been skied. We did 2 laps on Canyon and found 4-5" of blower and nice edge-able crust in other spots.

For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    Awesome! Glad the upslope pulled through last night. Figures though, that I drove up to ski on the ONE day this week that it wasn't powtastic. Oh well. Next week is looking prime!

Epic windblown pow at da Rez

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1356271381.460559.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	128603 qc!

Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    Fuck ya! Sooo jealous right now. Have fun out there!

MRG was pretty nice this A.M. 0-30" on the top few hundred vert. A nice 8-20" left side of everything middle Mtn off the single. 6-12" on the runnouts/lower third. Super light, but the base was very edgeable. Off the double was less wind affected, more edge to edge cover 12-18" up high. Trees on that side skiied nice, still a little spooky, but very consistant. Tomorrow should be a nice opening, but I wouldn't expect much untracked unless you're willing to ski in the woods, place was BUSY! Nice morning to be outside.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    MRG was pretty nice this A.M. 0-30" on the top few hundred vert. A nice 8-20" left side of everything middle Mtn off the single. 6-12" on the runnouts/lower third. Super light, but the base was very edgeable. Off the double was less wind affected, more edge to edge cover 12-18" up high. Trees on that side skiied nice, still a little spooky, but very consistant. Tomorrow should be a nice opening, but I wouldn't expect much untracked unless you're willing to ski in the woods, place was BUSY! Nice morning to be outside.
    Thanks for the straightforward assessment. (Cue "old guy" theme music) "I remember when first chair of the year meant something." Glad to hear folks were getting after it - hoping for a big year.

Agree B-man. Glad to hear MRG isn't just hype, too.

This coming week looks like a good one... snow x-mas, more Thursday, then talk of another storm next weekend. That's all I want for x-mas!
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by the Cock View Post
    It's snowing on Katahdin!!!!!!
    Katahdin is Too much for you gumby.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Agree B-man. Glad to hear MRG isn't just hype, too.

This coming week looks like a good one... snow x-mas, more Thursday, then talk of another storm next weekend. That's all I want for x-mas!
    This is so good for the resorts and for us! After last year we deserve it! Going to be a deeeeep year baby!

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1356277147.472731.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	116.1 KB 
ID:	128609Backside cat rides $10 each... Had to spring for one

The Bush was real nice this AM, nabbed first chair to summit and scored freshies all the way down.

Bummed I had to come off the hill to do other shit. But so glad to get some natural snow. Light delicious cold smoke for breakfast.

STOKE!!!!!

Name:	IMG_0399(1).jpg 
Views:	390 
Size:	736.0 KB 
ID:	128613

PAGE TOP XMAS TUNES!!!