Page 64 of 419 FirstFirst ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 10468
    Some of us are having a Fall Summit, come see what AZ has been talking about. Less thrunting, more skiing.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    killer image from yesterday on, 'the rock pile'.

Aurora was going off last night. Colors were awesome. That's a great shot

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    killer image from yesterday on, 'the rock pile'.

Wow! Awesome shot!
    The Passion is in the Risk

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Some of us are having a Fall Summit, come see what AZ has been talking about. Less thrunting, more skiing.
    I'm in for that.

Quote Originally Posted by laseranimal View Post
    Attachment 125636. After some buzzed facebooking I went ahead and mounted up a mini AT setup for the mini. In order to finish out the setup I need an old pair of skins that can be cut down to 117cm and need to locate an old stomp pad for a pair of diamirs or a set of brakes from a freeride

And before Jonathan S starts shaking his head about frame bindings. I HAVE a pair of dynafit TLT speeds with minis name on them I just can't find a dynafit compatible boot in 21.5. Sigh next year though :-)
    awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by laseranimal View Post
    Attachment 125636. After some buzzed facebooking I went ahead and mounted up a mini AT setup for the mini. In order to finish out the setup I need an old pair of skins that can be cut down to 117cm and need to locate an old stomp pad for a pair of diamirs or a set of brakes from a freeride

And before Jonathan S starts shaking his head about frame bindings. I HAVE a pair of dynafit TLT speeds with minis name on them I just can't find a dynafit compatible boot in 21.5. Sigh next year though :-)
    For stomp pad, you mean the part that substitutes in for the brake, or ...? (If the former, I might have extras.)

For skins, maybe get two meters from here:
    http://www.camp-usa.com/products/cat...backcountryski
    (Prices are even cheaper once added to cart. Shipping is surprisingly pricey, although I might be interested in combining.)

I measured my daughter's feet yesterday at 15 cm. Now she's still not even three years old, but her feet sure are growing slowly, and meanwhile Tech-compatible boots aren't getting any smaller.
    But how about getting a TLT5 Mountain in a 22.5 (smallest shell size available), then putting in something like a 23.5 Intuition liner? Given the relatively narrow width of the TLT5 shell, and the extra width taken up by a thicker liner design, and with a larger liner (being crammed into a smaller shell), seems like that would achieve a 21.5 effective fit (or even smaller?).
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    The W. Ma BKL group is great. Nice and laid back (unlike the E. Ma club). Notchview has hosted 2 of the best Festivals in the last few years. Great place and great vibe (and apparently a nice snow cloud).
    Yes, that Eastern Mass scene is definitely more intense, given the Boston metro area and the Weston Ski Track overall intensity.
    Interesting article here:
    http://fasterskier.com/2012/10/caldw...-csus-success/

Notchview is so amazing coming from the East. We get on Route 9 only a block from our house. Often no snow in Amherst, no snow in Northampton, get past Williamsburg, hmm, some snow now, then the road climbs higher, arrive at Notchview and it's full-on winter!
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

Lynchdogger, what's frozen over for climbing already?

super ultra mega deepness this AM. not. but a pretty sunrise and a swift schuss put a smile on all-involved's faces
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

Quote Originally Posted by VTsession View Post
    It's more than a week out, but so heard I've heard 2 local TV weather idiots talk about a possible Thanksgiving N'oreaster.
    Sounds like someone is smoking the Farmer's Almanac.

Left Ottawa for evening trip to Montreal last night. It was a real good night.

1) Finally manage to connect to drop off of books/DVD I bought in Chile for a friend.
    2) Friend managed to recover my zapped memory card with 500 pics from the WV trip (so, a TR should be posted in a few days).
    3) Ski movie night at the Belmont organized by Montreal's Le Yéti shop (MSP, Powderwhore (wanted to see that one) plus a third shorter film from one of the Stans). This was the 1st time I managed to be in MTL in the last 9 years of this showing.
    4) No one knew I was going, randomly meet 9-10 people I knew from High School classmate from the early 1980s who was also a great skier back then (this was only the second time I've seen him in almost 30 years, fellow university ski racing back 25 years ago to regular ski partner Lucky Luke.
    5) Won the first door prize: Dynafit shell which I gave to my wife.
    6) Northern Lights and stars last night driving back the 125 miles home. Almost drove off the road as I kept looking to my right, I had to stop and get off the 417 to appreciate.

Great evening...

MSP was average, I've seen better from them. Really enjoyed the Powderwhore stuff.
    Ski Mad World
    A blog of MadPat's World: A History of Skiing Geography
    http://madpatski.wordpress.com

For anyone interested in this sort of thing, I've been playing in Google Earth a bit...

Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Yeah Jonathan I'm missing the rubberized piece that substitutes for the brake. Good idea on the TLT with a larger liner, hadn't thought of that. I think this year I'm just going to try to get him to do a few short tours(ie 10-15 minute hikes) to gauge his interest then go from there
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

Quote Originally Posted by MadPatSki View Post
    Left Ottawa for evening trip to Montreal last night. It was a real good night.
    When I read Montreal / night out . . . I thought this was going somewhere else?

Thanks for the review. Good to know.

GP nice pic. Good temps for snow making the rest of the week. Fire up those guns.

Quote Originally Posted by miker27 View Post
    Lynchdogger, what's frozen over for climbing already?
    Depends on what your comfort level and description of "in" is?!
    Not trying to sound like a bad ass but if you climb ice you know what I mean.
    Not sure how hard the temps hit things but by the end of the weak I bet pinnacle will be good to go, odell's, the tuck headwall, shoestring and the dike, even.
    There was a good amount of snow melting and water moving up on George Sunday when I climbed Yale and with the warm up Monday even more for sure. Now with cold temps things will build fast. Pinnacle has been led, shoestring soloed and the dike led.
    Check ne ice or ne climbs for more info. Or call IME in North Conway - the real shop in North Conway!
    With new leashless tools I am stoked to climb ice - go ahead make fun but up until this year I was climbing with petzl aztars with leashes! What a difference! Found a sweet deal off ne ice for a brand new set of BD Vipers for 250 for the pair - major score!
    Still early! Be safe. Bring rock gear and stubbies. Have fun.
    Last edited by lynchdogger; 11-14-2012 at 12:39 PM.

Rog! Got the message. Thank you. Stoke factor just went up! Going to be a good year. I will be in this afternoon. Thanks brother!

Woot!

^^^^^DON'T FORGET MY BEER FUCKFACE!!!!!!!!

p.s great surf this am, again. waves for days!!!

rog

I once rolled using the funny pages but that is a whole different story

Seriously, Watching two potential storm set-ups. One for thanksgiving week and one for the week after.
    That Don't Make No Sense

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    ^^^^^DON'T FORGET MY BEER FUCKFACE!!!!!!!!

p.s great surf this am, again. waves for days!!!

rog
    Hahaha - you must be thirsty from a good session this am. Gotchya covered!

Hot damn that's a deal! I was climbing on borrowed vipers all of last year, back to leashed up bd f-15s this year. Ooooof... Thanks for the info, I'll try to get up north this weekend, even just for some top roping.
    Quote Originally Posted by lynchdogger View Post
    Depends on what your comfort level and description of "in" is?!
    Not trying to sound like a bad ass but if you climb ice you know what I mean.
    Not sure how hard the temps hit things but by the end of the weak I bet pinnacle will be good to go, odell's, the tuck headwall, shoestring and the dike, even.
    There was a good amount of snow melting and water moving up on George Sunday when I climbed Yale and with the warm up Monday even more for sure. Now with cold temps things will build fast. Pinnacle has been led, shoestring soloed and the dike led.
    Check ne ice or ne climbs for more info. Or call IME in North Conway - the real shop in North Conway!
    With new leashless tools I am stoked to climb ice - go ahead make fun but up until this year I was climbing with petzl aztars with leashes! What a difference! Found a sweet deal off ne ice for a brand new set of BD Vipers for 250 for the pair - major score!
    Still early! Be safe. Bring rock gear and stubbies. Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by lynchdogger View Post
    When I read Montreal / night out . . . I thought this was going somewhere else?

Thanks for the review. Good to know.
    The place that I am in my life right now (married and kids), doesn't included something else. At least not for me, it might have been different if I were a US General or something.

Too many stories, it's my hometown and I lived the first 30 years of my life. Great place, always view myself more as a Montrealers than someone from Ottawa where I lived for years and where my kids were born.
    Ski Mad World
    A blog of MadPat's World: A History of Skiing Geography
    http://madpatski.wordpress.com

Earning turns with no snow

What should backcountry skiers do when there is no snow? Forest management. Any good hill in our part of the world could use some stand improvement, and that's what happened today at one local stash. And, for the record, this activity took place on private property, at the invitation of the landowner. Now I've got my season's pass for one of the hottest tree skiing destinations in the Hinterlands.

Tools of the trade. I am digging the Lithium battery upgrade on the sawzall. If I could only bring one tool, the telescoping loppers would be it. Made in Canada, eh.

Even the dog got into the spirit of the day. The guy is 5 months old and already weighs 58 pounds. Owner expects him to grow to about 130. Eat that tree!

We added a new chute to the trail map.
    "... Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to your body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much: I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those deskbound people with their hearts in a safe deposit box and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this: you will outlive the bastards." – Edward Abbey

Support Hinterlandian backcountry skiing: wwhsta.org

Quote Originally Posted by MadPatSki View Post
    The place that I am in my life right now (married and kids), doesn't included something else. At least not for me, it might have been different if I were a US General or something.

Too many stories, it's my hometown and I lived the first 30 years of my life. Great place, always view myself more as a Montrealers than someone from Ottawa where I lived for years and where my kids were born.
    I was there!!! at a back table speaking french with a bad accent, downing pitchers of boreal blonde and north face branded grilled cheese.

Any Sugarbush or Mad River mags have a couch I can crash on Friday night? I will serenade you with fiddle music and I will bring some homebrews. I'm gunna stop by the Purple Moon pub to play a couple tunes in the bar... is that a cool place?

Quote Originally Posted by jonzo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabinfever View Post
    this must be a pretty common thing to do

fkna..pt
    this came to mind last week or so
    haven't watched the whole thing yet, gotta run....watched it enough to see some awkward looking white people up front
    Last edited by EarlyWood; 11-14-2012 at 04:28 PM.